Rate The Last Movie You Watched
May 26, 2024 at 9:04 AM Post #24,676 of 24,680
Soo attempt two for atlas wasn’t successful, again the puffin, but found the attempt to synch with jlo and her body armor robot interesting, maybe there’s more to why I can’t stay awake. Ok attempt 3 later

May 26, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #24,677 of 24,680
Station Eleven 9/10

Sci-fi post apocalyptic dystopian film where a flu has a 99% fatality rate. Based on a novel of the same name.

The series takes place over multiple time lines following several characters.

A very different type of post apocalyptic series. Not much action or violence, more focused on the the development of communities and relationships.

A bit slow paced, alot of Shakespearean references and the timeline jumps around quite a bit, not on the level of Cloud Atlas but definitely requires attention to keep track. The series is filmed really well and the storyline is well developed.

Really enjoyed this one as its something very different from the mainstream stuff.

Interesting note, this series began production in Jan of 2020 before the pandemic and was about 1/5th completed before they had to shut down, then resumed in Feb 2021.

May 26, 2024 at 7:57 PM Post #24,678 of 24,680

This is very interesting about the author and how the book was released. The Outsiders is a coming-of-age novel by S.E. Hinton published in 1967 by Viking Press. Hinton started writing the novel when she was 15 and wrote the bulk of it when she was 16 and a junior in high school.[1] Hinton was 18 when the book was published.

Saw this, and thought it was really dull and didn't do the book justice. Really bad choice in the plot for the movie, and feels really detached, and I couldn't get into the movie. Beautifully shot cinematography however. Looks great in UHD. Amazing cast of actors, but feels like a wasted production.

I really like the story, and deserves to be represented much better IMO.

Last edited:
May 27, 2024 at 2:57 PM Post #24,679 of 24,680
ok attempt three for atlas successful. outside of the cgi and concept of syncing with your own tactical robot, 3.5 out of 5. maybe if recasting hero and villain could have worked for this sappy finish bochery

May 27, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #24,680 of 24,680
ok attempt three for atlas successful. outside of the cgi and concept of syncing with your own tactical robot, 3.5 out of 5. maybe if recasting hero and villain could have worked for this sappy finish bochery
Two things made me stay away with no interest. Netflix and ancient JLo. Who tf thought Jlo on robot was a good idea?! I will never watch another Netflix film. I have no interest in any of their crappy K-content either. I hate these subscription based content that's just a waste of money. 90% of contents is just a waste of time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back