Monoprice Monolith THX 887 - Impressions Thread
May 15, 2024 at 2:02 AM Post #361 of 365
I bought an open box last week on Monoprice. This is a great sounding amp. My Liquid Platinum died, so Monoprice gave me a credit in exchange. Nothing to choose from on the site, but a open box popped up. I didn’t have high hopes on it going from a Liquid Platinum, but I am pleasantly surprised. Dare I say I like it better ? It sounds warmer than I expected considering the opinions I read, but this this also has better detail than the LP.

Another got listed on the site, so I spent the rest of my credit and bought a spare. Not much to choose from on the site lately, so might as well have a spare in case I have a problem. Open box doesn’t have a very long warranty.

Excellent amp!

Congratulations! It's a great amp, I hope they have a new batch made.

May 15, 2024 at 6:20 AM Post #362 of 365
Congratulations! It's a great amp, I hope they have a new batch made.
Doesn’t look like they are going to. I been refreshing the page everyday and nothing new shows up. Looks like slowly they are discontinuing everything. I was surprised to see an open box show up. I was really waiting for a Liquid Gold, but I gave up. After talking on the phone with them that looks to be discontinued too. Not sure why the listing is still there.

I was pleasantly surprised by this amp, I wasn’t sure it was going to be my flavor, but I think it’s great.

May 15, 2024 at 6:26 AM Post #363 of 365
Doesn’t look like they are going to. I been refreshing the page everyday and nothing new shows up. Looks like slowly they are discontinuing everything. I was surprised to see an open box show up. I was really waiting for a Liquid Gold, but I gave up. After talking on the phone with them that looks to be discontinued too. Not sure why the listing is still there.

I was pleasantly surprised by this amp, I wasn’t sure it was going to be my flavor, but I think it’s great.

That's sad.

Glad you got one 👍

May 15, 2024 at 2:32 PM Post #365 of 365

As i said many times the monoprice destroys the drop 789. Don't understand how reviewers think they sound the same. Very noticable difference in lushness and dynamics. Monoprice upgraded the op-amps resistors, capacitors. Over 50 internal components were upgraded.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back