Monoprice Monolith AMT Headphones
Nov 22, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #33 of 341
Well I'm home again after leaving the AMT playing the entire time and have done some more listening. While I won't go as far as to call them crap as was previously claimed, I don't think they hold up at their price point, even on sale as mentioned on the previous post. There are some aspects of the sound I do like, e.g., a decent amount of bass impact. I mentioned previously that I thought they had more detail than the Harmonicdyne Zeus, but that was inaccurate: it's a thicker sound, especially in the midrange, but actually a bit muddy.

The Zeus has a more expansive soundstage; sounds are spaced farther away whereas the AMT have a tendency to be congested, i.e., things are jammed closer together in your head.

Using Resolve's EQ settings on the Zeus vs. no EQ and the Zeus is considerably better (although in all fairness I've not tried EQing the AMT... not worth spending the time).

For *MY* particular listening the preferences, the Zeus is better sounding, much more comfortable, and 1/3 to 1/4 the cost.

Back the Monoprice go.

Nov 22, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #34 of 341
Well I'm home again after leaving the AMT playing the entire time and have done some more listening. While I won't go as far as to call them crap as was previously claimed, I don't think they hold up at their price point, even on sale as mentioned on the previous post. There are some aspects of the sound I do like, e.g., a decent amount of bass impact. I mentioned previously that I thought they had more detail than the Harmonicdyne Zeus, but that was inaccurate: it's a thicker sound, especially in the midrange, but actually a bit muddy.

The Zeus has a more expansive soundstage; sounds are spaced farther away whereas the AMT have a tendency to be congested, i.e., things are jammed closer together in your head.

Using Resolve's EQ settings on the Zeus vs. no EQ and the Zeus is considerably better (although in all fairness I've not tried EQing the AMT... not worth spending the time).

For *MY* particular listening the preferences, the Zeus is better sounding, much more comfortable, and 1/3 to 1/4 the cost.

Back the Monoprice go.
Oh I see. You’re returning them as well, say that headphones that cost 1/4 their price sound better. But they’re not crap. Ok.

Nov 22, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #35 of 341
Oh I see. You’re returning them as well, say that headphones that cost 1/4 their price sound better. But they’re not crap. Ok.
Just because I'm returning them doesn't automagically mean they're crap. They just don't compare favorably *to me* compared to my Zeus, especially in light of the price point. That's all. Cans that may be endgame for one person may be horrible for the next. That doesn't automatically make them the absolute best or the absolute worst. Learn some nuance. It's not a black or white world, especially when it comes to subjective assessments.

Nov 22, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #36 of 341
Just because I'm returning them doesn't automagically mean they're crap. They just don't compare favorably *to me* compared to my Zeus, especially in light of the price point. That's all. Cans that may be endgame for one person may be horrible for the next. That doesn't automatically make them the absolute best or the absolute worst. Learn some nuance. It's not a black or white world, especially when it comes to subjective assessments.
Subjective opinion is the operative word. Get over yourself. Welcome to my ignore list.

Nov 22, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #37 of 341
Subjective opinion is the operative word. Get over yourself. Welcome to my ignore list.

That was completely uncalled for. All of his posts have been even-handed and reasonable. Check your attitude.

Nov 22, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #38 of 341
That was completely uncalled for. All of his posts have been even-handed and reasonable. Check your attitude.
No he tried to call me out for returning them “too fast”. And then he referenced my review for calling them crap, which he basically came to the same conclusion. So he gets to give his subjective opinion, but others don’t get to have theirs?

Learn how to read and check your own attitude.

Nov 22, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #39 of 341
Well, supposedly they will have a compatible XLR cable... in 5 months... for $80. https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=43238

At least this will give M1570/M1570C/AMT owners something as an option, but it really would have been better if they had just made the pin-out the same as the rest of the companies that use that connector. Doing non-standard wiring of an existing connector (or a proprietary connector) really rubs me the wrong way, too. That's pretty much my only complaint with my Onkyo A800; using the 3.5mm connectors on the cups but wiring them weird so aftermarket cables won't work.
Yes, loved the A800. Great headphone for the price I think, and built extremely well.

Nov 22, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #40 of 341
No he tried to call me out for returning them “too fast”. And then he referenced my review for calling them crap, which he basically came to the same conclusion. So he gets to give his subjective opinion, but others don’t get to have theirs?

I did reread his posts and nothing was out of line. He disagreed with your opinion, and offered his own. That's literally what a forum is for. And you reacted with snark and by blocking him. Thats how a teenager behaves.

Nov 22, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #41 of 341

Maybe, but I didn't think his language towards you when he suggested that you should keep them longer was inflammatory at all. After reading your exchanges I will be honest, it reads as you being a tad harsh in your responses. IMO.

Nov 22, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #42 of 341
Maybe, but I didn't think his language towards you when he suggested that you should keep them longer was inflammatory at all. After reading your exchanges I will be honest, it reads as you being a tad harsh in your responses. IMO.
His language was fine, I agree with that. But there’s no need to AUDIT someone else’s review/opinion. He can say and feel however he wants, but people need to grant others the SAME respect. That’s all.

I’m sick of people on here saying everyone can have their own subjective opinions, all the while picking at others’ opinions who they disagree with.

Nov 22, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #43 of 341
His language was fine, I agree with that. But there’s no need to AUDIT someone else’s review/opinion. He can say and feel however he wants, but people need to grant others the SAME respect. That’s all.

I’m sick of people on here saying everyone can have their own subjective opinions, all the while picking at others’ opinions who they disagree with.
I agree with what you said here. We all need to be civil and respectful towards each other and if somebody is being otherwise towards us, rather than getting into it with them, just moving on. Life is too short wouldn't you agree?

Nov 22, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #45 of 341
Can these be powered by a modest amp (K5 Pro)? Or are these basically bookshelf speakers attached to a headband that need crazy power? Not that I'm going to buy them, but that price is slightly more reasonable for this type of headphone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back