Monoprice Monolith AMT Headphones
May 9, 2024 at 9:40 AM Post #317 of 322
I do not know what's the strategy - if there is any - behind these price variations, and of course I cannot say that I appreciate them, having purchased the AMT at full price, but...I am putting these beast cans under scrutiny again during the last days and, despite the grand I spent, I can't really complain. No EQ, no polyfill mod, just burn-in: the AMTs keep improving and shaping an addictive sound.

May 9, 2024 at 2:42 PM Post #318 of 322
I do not know what's the strategy - if there is any - behind these price variations, and of course I cannot say that I appreciate them, having purchased the AMT at full price, but...I am putting these beast cans under scrutiny again during the last days and, despite the grand I spent, I can't really complain. No EQ, no polyfill mod, just burn-in: the AMTs keep improving and shaping an addictive sound.
You can be like @hottyson and get 1-2 pairs for "just in case" when they go on sale again down to $450.

May 9, 2024 at 9:16 PM Post #319 of 322
You can be like @hottyson and get 1-2 pairs for "just in case" when they go on sale again down to $450.
I have multiples of Monoprice M1570. Crazy cheap sales in the past, but I might have to pick up another pair of Monoprice AMT someday if the sale price goes crazy low again.
Multiples of Koss KSC75 and PortaPro and SportaPro. Portable bargain$.
Two pairs of HiFiMan HE6se V2. But, one needs to consider an expensive known to pair well with amp as part of the equation.
Two pairs of Sennheiser HD-600. The most important staple headphone of any collection. Especially if one has tube amps or multiple good amps.
More people should consider purchasing more than one of HiFiMan HE6se V2 and Sennheiser HD-600. They are THAT GOOD for the $ when they are on sale.

May 10, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #320 of 322
More people should consider purchasing more than one of HiFiMan HE6se V2 and Sennheiser HD-600.
I would like to introduce you to my nearly 30-yr old set of HD-580. :) Sporting indestructible Dekoni Elite Velour pads, and replaced headband cushion, and a balanced cable:

hd580_mlp.jpg

(Yes, I got tired of paying the Sennheiser tax and buying new pads every 2-3 years at $50 a pop for OEM replacements because the polyfill in them collapses on itself)

Last edited:
May 16, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #322 of 322
has anyone else tried this mod before? if so what were your results?
my AMT was the subject of a 3rd acoustic revision, which had the aim of arriving at a middle ground between the stock version (excessive rumbles) and the version with acrylic filaments to fill the internal indirect resonance chamber (no rumbles) .

Simple UHU Patafix (removable like acrylate wire) to deafen the internal and indirect reverberation chamber. Sound balance is good, headstage, space.
AMT UHT.jpg

AMT uht2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back