Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC (and headphone amp)
Apr 29, 2024 at 9:24 AM Post #542 of 565
I've been testing another amplifier Simaudio Moon 600i with my new MMT (initially I have used Gato Audio DIA 400S) to see how it sounds in two possible modes. First I have tested Moon as integrated amp with MMT in direct mode. After that I switched Moon to bypass mode and used MMT as dac/preamp. To be honest I havent expected such a big difference. Moon as integrated sounds more mellow, romantic and soft. But in bypass mode, wow, huge shift to direct, extremely dynamic sound, less polite, but still very life like and musical sound. Apparently, preamp section of Moon 600i is not that revealing as power amp. Or put it another way, preamp section on Moon 600i is not on the quality level of Tambaqui. (I have first gen. Moon 600i, in the second gen. Moon 600i V2 they did changes exactly just in the preamp section, now I probably know why).

IMG_8338.jpeg

Apr 29, 2024 at 11:00 AM Post #543 of 565
Hello to all. I just unpacked my MMT at home, sending a photo of my current rack. They go together, don't they?
I haven't had much time to test it, but damn... really good!
Have one question. Do you leave the device on all the time?

Beuat
Hello to all. I just unpacked my MMT at home, sending a photo of my current rack. They go together, don't they?
I haven't had much time to test it, but damn... really good!
Have one question. Do you leave the device on all the time?

Tambaqui_koso.JPG
It looks great, congrats! :beerchug:

Apr 29, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #544 of 565
Apr 29, 2024 at 10:43 PM Post #545 of 565
I just ordered an MMT. Excited as hell after reading this thread.
What is your chain you are going to be paring with the MMT?

Apr 30, 2024 at 12:42 AM Post #546 of 565
I got my Tambaqui today after 2 looong weeks and I'm loving it so far. I know there are many reviews but I want to share my first impressions.
- Amazing bass. It is articulate and textured and it hits hard!
- Detail, imaging, and separation are the best I've experienced. It's 3D.
- Yes, it is less muscular than the Holo May but this is not a con.
The soundstage is very impressive, it is tall, deep, and wide.

I can only see getting better after burn in but man this little fella is something else!

PXL_20240430_043627554.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 9:27 AM Post #547 of 565
I have a Tambaqui of sorts on order :) Talking about the Kula, should arrive some time next week. Can't wait to hear what all that buzz is about as I have never had the chance to experience it so far. Currently using the NAD M33 and I have to say, the convenience of having just one box taking care of playing my music is simply amazing. Looked into upgrading to M66 and one or two M23 amps but why do that when the Kula does all that better for not that much more cash? My speakers are Dynaudio Contour 60i so I'm expecting lot a from Kula, considering how they sound driven by my M33.

Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 10:01 AM Post #549 of 565
Does this DAC come with a flight case? No carton outer box? Does it come with a premium remote? What else is included? Can someone help me? Thanks!
Yes, it does come with flight case which is packed in cardboard box. The unit itself is in the case wrapped in a black cloth bag. Tambaqui comes with “standard” remote, which is very nice full aluminium one (see picture). This remote is provided with Makua, Kula and Tambaqui now. There are 2x XLR to RCA adapters in the package too, printed user manual and standard power cord.

IMG_9514.jpeg

Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #550 of 565
Yes, it does come with flight case which is packed in cardboard box. The unit itself is in the case wrapped in a black cloth bag. Tambaqui comes with “standard” remote, which is very nice full aluminium one (see picture). This remote is provided with Makua, Kula and Tambaqui now. There are 2x XLR to RCA adapters in the package too, printed user manual and standard power cord.

IMG_9514.jpeg
Thank you so much !

May 5, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #552 of 565
Thank you so much !
You can also buy an even fancier remote as a separate but I prefer just using the iPhone app.

May 5, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #555 of 565
Ohh just noticed your profile picture. I myself also love Ardbeg! Love the Wee Beastie as my daily drink. Though I have a new favorite, Port Charlotte 10 is a must try! Cheers!
That’s good but my Ardbeg of choice is Uigeadail. The Port Charlotte is probably the best bang for buck Scotch out there. But if you want amazing try the Bruichladdich Octomore!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back