Mod House Audio Tungsten - Planar Magnetic Headphones - Impressions and Discussion
May 16, 2024 at 1:05 PM Post #2,971 of 2,978
Got my Tungsten last night.... Ryan has a very nice sounding headphone he is building.... I have not done any compares yet but I just wanted to post that first impressions they sound very very good... also of note is I used two different Amps... for portable or desktop I used the Centrance Ampersand and the other DAC/Amp was the Burson Conductor.... I am a bit surprised that for normal listening the Burson in high gain only required a volume setting of 50... lots of headroom left over... and the Ampersand via a wifi dongle connected to an iphone the volume was around 70%... so that setup also has plenty of headroom on the volume.... my desire for the compare is the LCD-4 and should be able to get that complete in a couple weeks... would I buy the Tungsten again after getting it in my hands.... yes of course, they are going to make a great addition to anyones headphone collection.... again... a little surprised at how well the amps are driving these.... as a compare the Hifiman HE6V2 is pretty close to SPL at this volume level... can't wait to try the Tungsten on the Aegis Amp... that should be magic... best of luck to everyone waiting to get theirs.... just hang in there... its worth the wait

May 16, 2024 at 1:26 PM Post #2,972 of 2,978
May 16, 2024 at 3:04 PM Post #2,973 of 2,978
Got my Tungsten last night.... Ryan has a very nice sounding headphone he is building.... I have not done any compares yet but I just wanted to post that first impressions they sound very very good... also of note is I used two different Amps... for portable or desktop I used the Centrance Ampersand and the other DAC/Amp was the Burson Conductor.... I am a bit surprised that for normal listening the Burson in high gain only required a volume setting of 50... lots of headroom left over... and the Ampersand via a wifi dongle connected to an iphone the volume was around 70%... so that setup also has plenty of headroom on the volume.... my desire for the compare is the LCD-4 and should be able to get that complete in a couple weeks... would I buy the Tungsten again after getting it in my hands.... yes of course, they are going to make a great addition to anyones headphone collection.... again... a little surprised at how well the amps are driving these.... as a compare the Hifiman HE6V2 is pretty close to SPL at this volume level... can't wait to try the Tungsten on the Aegis Amp... that should be magic... best of luck to everyone waiting to get theirs.... just hang in there... its worth the wait
What’s your order number and when did you order?

May 16, 2024 at 4:15 PM Post #2,977 of 2,978
A slightly delayed Christmas gift is still better than no Christmas gift. :)
It can still make it as a Christmas gift. Just this coming Christmas 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back