Luxury & Precision (LP) W4, Successor to Their Popular W1/W2 USB Dongle is Here!
May 25, 2024 at 4:54 PM Post #1,446 of 1,452
What output are you using on PC, WASAPI Exclusive? Pops and clicks could be due to Direct audio or WASAPI shared mode when OS Mixer messing things up.
I used WaveOut and DirectSound in my music player, and rest of it is just discord and youtube stuff. Don't know about wasapi or asio in web browser. It's more like plug and play for me

May 25, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #1,447 of 1,452
I used WaveOut and DirectSound in my music player, and rest of it is just discord and youtube stuff. Don't know about wasapi or asio in web browser. It's more like plug and play for me
That could be a culprit. Try to switch to WASAPI exclusive in whatever player you are using. On Android phone use UAPP.

May 25, 2024 at 5:35 PM Post #1,448 of 1,452
That could be a culprit. Try to switch to WASAPI exclusive in whatever player you are using. On Android phone use UAPP.
I tried wasapi exclusive push and event in aimp, but does not work
this click noise is okay when changing music, because it is just once in few minutes. but when using discord or typing something on the phone, everytime when someone's mic goes on and off and all that click noise after keyboard typing sound makes me crazy.
The noise should be coming from cutting audio signal, but this doesn't seem right, is it?

May 25, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #1,449 of 1,452
I tried wasapi exclusive push and event in aimp, but does not work
this click noise is okay when changing music, because it is just once in few minutes. but when using discord or typing something on the phone, everytime when someone's mic goes on and off and all that click noise after keyboard typing sound makes me crazy.
The noise should be coming from cutting audio signal, but this doesn't seem right, is it?
That's non-exclusive mode to you, doubt there are any issues with W4. Try foobar2000, btw did you install Windows driver.

Last edited:
May 26, 2024 at 1:36 AM Post #1,450 of 1,452
That's non-exclusive mode to you, doubt there are any issues with W4. Try foobar2000, btw did you install Windows driver.
yes i have the drivers installed.
I should just sell it and get another dac. Haven't tested foobar yet, but having too many limitations to use a dac is not what i need.
I need something more like an all in one, especially one at this price. It's not doing the basics for me now.
Tried to talk to lp customer@luxuryprecision.net, but no reply for a week

Users who are viewing this thread

Back