Luxury & Precision E7: Impressions and Discussions
May 25, 2024 at 3:02 AM Post #151 of 162
Yeah I saw that option every time I connect the device to my PC. It seems device is not compatible with Windows 11 as I had no issue connecting to its SD drive using my old Windows 10 machine. No internal drive as it seems. Hmm...Sound wise amazing clarity and resolution with big sound stage making Ti99 sound even bloated in bottom end in comparison. It doesn't mean Ti99 sounds inferior but different. I still like old fashion organic sound of Ti99. Still sounds quite romantic...So far positive impression on E7 but needs more play time with it.
That's odd, I was able to connect with my Win11 PC. Hopefully you got everything sorted. It's a hard one to put down, I've been negecting the LP6 since i got it. :)

May 25, 2024 at 3:14 AM Post #152 of 162
I bought the L&P E7.
It's not a cheap purchase for me.
Unlike previous products, it was also attractive that it has gapless playback.
However, when I actually used it, I was disappointed.
Even though it has a gapless function, the order of the songs on the album is alphabetical. This is a waste of the gapless function.
I think that the OS (firmware) developers at L&P did not consider operability.
Displaying albums in alphabetical order is an insult to album musicians.
I want the E7 to support ID3 Tags as soon as possible, just like other companies.
If not, I will have to give up my E7 and will not recommend it to my friends.
I am also an album guy, and there is an easy solution, simply browse your albums via the sd card in directory mode. I’ve been doing this for years, and it’s more like choosing a record than id3 tags for me. Keep in mind, this is how all the previous L&P DAPs were designed to function, the E7 is really the first DAP they released that has a useable id3 function and search. If you must choose albums via id3 tags then L&P OS probably won’t work for you. They are old school. But if you just browse the SD Card hapless works perfectly.

Yes, the songs showing up in alphabetical order is silly. I wish there was an option for alphanumeric like every other DAP. Hopefully they can add this via FW update if enough people request it.

May 25, 2024 at 3:56 AM Post #153 of 162
I am also an album guy, and there is an easy solution, simply browse your albums via the sd card in directory mode. I’ve been doing this for years, and it’s more like choosing a record than id3 tags for me. Keep in mind, this is how all the previous L&P DAPs were designed to function, the E7 is really the first DAP they released that has a useable id3 function and search. If you must choose albums via id3 tags then L&P OS probably won’t work for you. They are old school. But if you just browse the SD Card hapless works perfectly.

Yes, the songs showing up in alphabetical order is silly. I wish there was an option for alphanumeric like every other DAP. Hopefully they can add this via FW update if enough people request it.
Hello,
I also play via directory (folder). It's the only way to enjoy E7 properly. But why does E7 have album and artist menu? If E7 shows these menus, it's pointless if it doesn't support ID3 Tag.
I sent them a firmware improvement request for E7. I doubt it will be adopted. Hahaha

May 25, 2024 at 9:30 PM Post #154 of 162
Yeah I saw that option every time I connect the device to my PC. It seems device is not compatible with Windows 11 as I had no issue connecting to its SD drive using my old Windows 10 machine. No internal drive as it seems. Hmm...Sound wise amazing clarity and resolution with big sound stage making Ti99 sound even bloated in bottom end in comparison. It doesn't mean Ti99 sounds inferior but different. I still like old fashion organic sound of Ti99. Still sounds quite romantic...So far positive impression on E7 but needs more play time with it.
I have a similar issue in windows 11. I have to choose the msc option then hit return then repress msc, rinse and repeat and it'll eventually open a folder for file transfers. Definitely some bugs in the software that probably need to be ironed out. I also have a 200+ song playlist and somehow the shuffle option will replay the same song 3 out of 10 skips.

For anyone looking to purchase this player I would still recommend it. I'd mirror everyone's comments about soundstage being amazing and the bass being superb.

I was recently comparing this to the Sony wm1zm2. The one thing I noticed (and I almost went with the Sony over e7) was that, with dsd, classical recordings don't sound as sweet as the Sony did to my ears, particularly violin strings. Almost all my critical listening is classical dsd so this was a problem for me but right before giving in the e7 I tried the same albums in pcm. While the Sony dsd still had a slightly sweeter sound to the strings the e7 with pcm was almost neck and neck but the Sony just couldn't compete with the soundstage bass and energy the e7 gave to those performances. Both were amazing players but the Sony is going back for a refund.

May 25, 2024 at 9:50 PM Post #155 of 162
Yesterday at my local audio dealer I A/Bed my E7 against the A&K SP3000 and A&K SP3000T using my Mest MKIIIs. Here's a transcription of the notes I took:

E7 vs SP3000

E7 is bassier than the SP3000 with a slightly wider stage, a blacker background, yet is also smoother & more analogue sounding.

SP3000 sounds noticeably more digital with a flatter stage whereas E7 has more bodied notes, possibly slightly better dynamics, yet similar amounts of detail. It may even be slightly more resolving. SP3000 sounded more biased towards treble, perhaps because bass wasn't as prevalent and it definitely had a thinner, more artificial sound.

E7 vs SP3000T

The SP3000T (tested in tube mode) sounded very bassy in terms of quantity, even more so than the E7, but was also was quite congested with a fairly narrow stage.

SP3000T was much warmer than SP3000, with great note weight but simplified treble, quite disappointing up top really. It still sounded a bit digital to my ears (it uses the same underlying DACs as SP3000) and generally conveyed way less information than the E7.

Imaging & separation were pretty poor on SP3000T, I did prefer its' tonality compared to the SP3000 and even the E7 as I love that warm bassy sound, but to me it felt a like an upgraded KANN rather than up to TOTL DAP standards in terms of resolution or technical performance. The Mest MKIIIs are bright to my ears so I thought they synergised best with the SP3000T, it was a nice combo actually just not dramatically resolving. I would choose SP3000T over SP3000 for most IEMs simply because SP3000 sounds too lean & limp for my taste.

May 26, 2024 at 4:18 AM Post #156 of 162
With the E7 EE, I stay in my comfort zone.

I'm back at home and looking forward to reading this thread again.
I found the additional technicality perfectly described.
I think LP will solve all the shortcomings mentioned and encountered. The bug-free and expected use of all the possibilities offered is certainly LP's goal.

Despite the reduced battery :) this is another DAP LP, more technical, pleasant and surprising.
For my ears, the sound is closer to my tastes on the HT mode, the HD mode is more punchy, the LD mode is left out.
The association with quality earbuds leads me to new preferences in the previous order of appreciation of these earbuds with my other LP DAPs (which I continue to enjoy).
In streaming/BT mode, E7 is first!

Last edited:
May 26, 2024 at 5:02 AM Post #157 of 162
The E7 did very well with the M9+ streaming downloaded QQMusic and Apple Music via BT to the E7 on a 13.5 hours flight from SG to London Heathrow. Seasonal turbulence notwithstanding. And of course the noise isolation of the FitEar DC Ti was excellent as ever!

IMG_4927.jpeg

May 28, 2024 at 3:56 PM Post #159 of 162
Travelling, whether it be for work or on holiday, can be frustrating when the DAP you have cannot seem to bring up the log in page for the hotel captive wifi. Thank goodness for devices like Creative Technology’s BT-W5, a USB Bluetooth transmitter which allows the iPad Pro to transmit in APTX HD format. So, at least there a way of streaming to the E7 when I wish to. :)

IMG_5116.jpeg

May 28, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #160 of 162
Travelling, whether it be for work or on holiday, can be frustrating when the DAP you have cannot seem to bring up the log in page for the hotel captive wifi. Thank goodness for devices like Creative Technology’s BT-W5, a USB Bluetooth transmitter which allows the iPad Pro to transmit in APTX HD format. So, at least there a way of streaming to the E7 when I wish to. :)

I bring one of these with me when I travel to use for devices that can't deal with captive portals or family trips where we will exceed the # of devices per hotel room.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BPSGJN7T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

May 28, 2024 at 4:49 PM Post #161 of 162
May 28, 2024 at 7:58 PM Post #162 of 162

IMG_5116.jpeg
Hello,
your E7 leather case doesn't seem to be light blue. It's a nice color. How did you get this case?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back