LOCKING FOR RECO SEDATIONS FOR 1ST GOOD QUALIT$230 usd + Iems and or over or on the eear headphones I am legally blind so everything is pretty difficult. TY for your patience and understanding
May 14, 2024 at 7:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Cantrell

Head-Fier
Looking for as close as possible matches to my desired sound signature & characteristics, genres, use/quality, etc, IEMs or over/on eaRr headphones preferably 2-4 clear choices in/near each price range & 2-3 very top choices overall in the $150-$250 USD, $275-350 USD range, and possibly if its a perfect/great match and near life altering amazing, $400-550 USD (maybe tad higher) range. (New, sale or used/resale pricesideal price range right now would be aro7nd $230-$360 USD)

Warm (but doesn't color music much, if at all), lush, musical, vivid/engaging, natural, effortless, sweet, harmonically rich/complex, mature refined, silky smooth, velvety, delicate, sparkle/alnico type ICHNESS COHESIVE/layered complexity, airy, doesn't get congested/muddy, has life to it/very natural sou dinding, delivers appropriate/natural effortless energy as music demands ,

great depth to notes & SOLID+ note bloom, more liquid/FLUID & seamless but not lacking punch/adequate sub sonic basss, dynamics & nuances, but not monotonous/flat, effortlessly harmonious& smooth/natural throughout EQ( somethinglike aeound 3khz absolutey killls my ears)good natural life-like, soundstage, presentation/excellent cohesion & layering, imaging, good+definition, details, dynamics, soundstage, 3D holographic like, very solid+ extension,

Inspires, connects emotionally with music and conveys full range of emotions in music beautifully, soaring high spirit& pur joy to melancholy low spirit & , & immense pain to most content happiness, love to anger, pure joy to hearbreak, sultry desire/passion to despair of loneliness,etc

More consumer level/quantity of bass/sub sonic bass but definitely not bass head level or so much it detracts from/drowns out rest of music, not liquid per say, not abrupt or choppy either, buttery with good smooth seamless effortless flow end & hassone pace aeound notes, decently quick modestly crisp note attack with slightly rounded leading edge, natural sounding decay, well controlled but not a rigid/stiff nor sterile/thin feel or hifi/very digital sounding( I've always neen asnsl9g & tube/valves guy, cd/,vinyl records, cassette tapes, etc preferable type guy. But digital Totten way betterand far more convenient. I listen to a lot ofhrd rock, nu mtal, clssickrock, reggae 1990s-2010's female pop/electronic type pop like Zara Larson Clean Bandits, Broods Daya Janelle Krall, etc, Tool Black Sabbath, Social Distortion, Grunge (Sound Garden, Alice in Chains & others)some country muic like Chris Stapelton,Old Dominion ( song 1 man band, Kane Brown song Heaven, Dan & Shay, etc onrarer ocassion a tiny amount of mainly 1990s/earlier/mid 2000's-2010's R&B (some bit more clssic R&.b and Rap/.Hip Hop, some 1950s-1960's rock,blue eyed soul, etc.

Treble & Upper Mids:

Mids: smooth especially actoss the EQ, silky,airy, delicate, bit ofsparkle/chime, sibilane especially from femal vocals & brass andanare Drums near/around 3k ish range is super painful and super hard on my ears(makes me physically cringe nails onchalkbord type stuff!but 10k+ HZ I usually have boosted if i I xfsfrycan a lot on EQs/etc

Audible Mid Bass ( Bass guitae, upright bass, etc: warm, natural, velvity balaned with decently crisp & punchy leading note edge/attack & natural decay, very sold+ note depth & bloom, etc

Bass/Sub Bass:

I don't use a amplifier or Hi Res DAP, though I do have an up sampling, I guess technically also an amplifier, stereo 1/8" & 2.2/2.5mm? balanced output capable Earsone?ES100? BleToooth capable device to link to smartphone (Sony Experia iii/or iv I think,usethe BT LDAC BT codec type.) at times (primary source, using premium streaming service (Tidal) with ) GUITAR (electric mainly(regular & detuned down 1-2 steos rock but also acoustic guitar), piano, violin, female voices,stringed instruments, upright basss/bass guitar (audible bass vainly), they are key to me (i am a musician/rock & metal guitarist (all valvrs/tubes & snalog noly, no digital mostt of the time, high end alnico guitar pickups only. Prefersound & to e of ..ALNICO & vintage guitar speakers but usuallyhaveto use a mix of guitar soeakers i usually
only buy best sounding & quality i can or wiat up to 5+ yeara to get the right item, I also been training my ears for 30+ years now

Key Features:

No idea if balanced will offer noticeable improvements or not with my setup, but if they're balanced so I have the option would be nice option to have I think, but not required.(biut a regular 3.5mm /⅛" plug is required (for most of my stuff), (deally with a robust cord/cable and strain reliefs)

Detachable cable with reasonably commontype connection to IEM or headphones, with good quality aftermarket connectors available (like MMCX? for example).

Absolutely no B.T. IEMs/headphones (cabled only, Idon't want to deal with charging yet another device and being lefally blindhaving more stuff to keep track of/lose., plus most of my stuff isnot! BT capable 3.6mm/⅛" cable & plug only! I just finished a 7 day stayin the hospital to detox,goingto a30day rehab soon kicked a30+year long hardcore opiate use addiction/depency so I'm reinvesting the time & $ back intomyself and the things that bring me joy like music ( dating females are too big of serious double edged sword for me for the next like 1-4 years butnothing gives me more plesure than being serenaded by awomen and a great female voice i

When glistening to good music

IEMS/Headphones
Ideally comes with either cables or adapters for standard ⅛" stereo & balanced, but balanced is not required.

Would be nice if stock cable has an inline play/pauseand or skip song remote control, but not required preferablyhas them & a Volume control, not a significant factor in overall choice thoughthe sound, qualitity d cable is though).

Greatly prefer IEMs thar go a bit over/around theear IEMintended/designed to be worn around the ear with connector angle & cable designed to be worn around the ear angle relative to actual IEM body, but not an absolute requirement.

Not all that concerned with included accessories & unboxing. Just the IEM, cable, decent array of different sized, & maybe a few different flange & material types of solid quality eartips, preferably decent cable to shirt/shirt/jacket lapel cable clip & cable tie. If happens to have a good case/organizer, it's a big added bonus. Bigger bonus if comes with cleaning tool and/or maintenance/care items. None but the basics are required, I can get the rest on my own ìf necessary. At some point but prefer all together with myeyesightissues ut makesverygard to research & tobuy things.

Not all that concerned with the appearance of the /the IEMs/headphones nor being stylish, but it doesn't hurt either. Ido generally prefer more odest/classic masculine co,ors/designsthough forIEMs andsmallsizebrighter colors like red,orange,plum crazy purple, colors will stand out more in my enrichments would be abig plus, not as much ofan issue with the gsize of headphones though true red/or imperial red orplum crazy or even aroyal purplewouldstill be helpful,/nice, similarly for the cable and or case,kusttoo manyblack cables tpdeal with now.

Be fairly comfortable to wear at least 2 and ideally up to 4-6hours at a time. Don't need to be super light weight, just don't want them so heavy that it feels like I'm working out for in a strong man competition orbyearsare i. Bindings to cgange theirshape or sonething. A cablethat is not noisy when itmoves or rubs agai stuff, durable & strong sine I'm hardon cables with my lack ofsight.also so I can just replace or upgrade the cable but nothave to replace the entire nor actual IEMs nor the headphones. I hope this makes sense and is clear enough withmy garage eyesight. Thanks for reading and any help in advance.

Really prefer IEMs that aren't super bulky and unwieldy. Don't need to be the size of an plain M&M, peanut M&M size is perfectly fine, but something that fills in most of the diameter & depth of a 2 liter screw on bottle cap for the main± body is pushing a tad too far, around 75% of that is still fine though.
they don't need to be totally indestructible/bullet proof, but need to hold up pretty well to regular daily use over 3-7 years in a very green & naturally wet/dampenvironment for a major US city, where its wet good portion(9 mo ths out of a year, it of day be up to as many as weeks nearly as 24 weeks sraight non stop rain and high hum8dity basically year Don't need to be officially water resistant or anything, just limited risk of damage/failure from moisture in the air and occasionallysome light wetnrss. So only well made & reliable stuff. Preferably a solid, multi year warranty especially if $275usd + in cost.

I listen to wide variety of genres & sub genres regularly and spenda good amount of time exploring new music everything fro earlier 1900sfrench jazz toflameco guitar musicto modern pop sndallpre 2010s rockand metal/doomstonerrock,s 1outhern rock,classic rock,etc. thanks folks i do not and cannotchechthis siteoutoften, sorry if it takes forever to respond. Pleaseuselarger andsimple/ clear fonts if ucan so ican readresponsesand qeustions. TY.

May 16, 2024 at 9:48 PM Post #2 of 6
Wow. This is the most in-depth request for a recommendation I have ever read. Bravo!

I can't promise that my suggestions will meet all of your requirements and preferences, but I can give you a few.

For headphones, I would suggest either the Sennheiser HD 600 (which can be found regularly on sale for $300) or the Hifiman Sundara (which can be found on open box special, refurbished, or clearance for $200). If you want to spend a bit more for a lot more headphone, you can get the Focal Elex from Headphones.com for $500. It's probably the single-best value in headphones at the moment and might be all the headphone you would ever need. All three are relatively neutral in their tuning, though the HD 600 is a little light on bass.

For IEMs, the world is your oyster. The market under $200 is wildly competitive these days, so you can get great quality for not a lot of money. A good standard rec is something like the Truthear Hexa for $80 or even a 7Hz Zero 2 for $25. Both are neutral in their tuning. But because there are so many quality options, everyone will have a different suggestion. Throw a rock in any direction, and you'll hit a quality IEM under $100.

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 8:38 PM Post #4 of 6
Wow. This is the most in-depth request for a recommendation I have ever read. Bravo!

I can't promise that my suggestions will meet all of your requirements and preferences, but I can give you a few.

For headphones, I would suggest either the Sennheiser HD 600 (which can be found regularly on sale for $300) or the Hifiman Sundara (which can be found on open box special, refurbished, or clearance for $200). If you want to spend a bit more for a lot more headphone, you can get the Focal Elex from Headphones.com for $500. It's probably the single-best value in headphones at the moment and might be all the headphone you would ever need. All three are relatively neutral in their tuning, though the HD 600 is a little light on bass.

For IEMs, the world is your oyster. The market under $200 is wildly competitive these days, so you can get great quality for not a lot of money. A good standard rec is something like the Truthear Hexa for $80 or even a 7Hz Zero 2 for $25. Both are neutral in their tuning. But because there are so many quality options, everyone will have a different suggestion. Throw a rock in any direction, and you'll hit a quality IEM under $100.
Ty very much

May 26, 2024 at 3:59 PM Post #5 of 6
Out of your several suggestions in order in yourtimation which models have the nest combos of musicality, lushness, warmth, harmonic content, thebest mid ranges, audible bass ranges, biggest soundstage, note depth, best for female vocals ,is the most valve/tube/analog sounding also what are folks thoughts on the Focal CleR and Eglesia? They keep coming up as suggestions when I'm searching/stopping? TY in advance

May 26, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #6 of 6
Out of your several suggestions in order in yourtimation which models have the nest combos of musicality, lushness, warmth, harmonic content, thebest mid ranges, audible bass ranges, biggest soundstage, note depth, best for female vocals ,is the most valve/tube/analog sounding also what are folks thoughts on the Focal CleR and Eglesia? They keep coming up as suggestions when I'm searching/stopping? TY in advance
Focal Clear is tuned fairly neutral, while the Elegia is tuned quite warm. The Elegia is also a closed back, so it can get overly resonant in the low end. I like it, but many people do not. I’m not really into soundstage with headphones myself (that’s what I have loudspeakers for), so other folks may have more useful opinions on the subject. If you’re leaning toward the Clear, those tend to be crowd pleasers, so chances are higher you’ll like those. And trying before you buy is always a good idea if you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back