Liquid Platinum Tube Rollers.
Jan 7, 2024 at 7:29 PM Post #1,801 of 1,808
I think I’d like to get a Schitt Lokius (if anyone is selling!) to do some light EQ’ing. I liked what I heard using the EQ on the MOJO2 (w/ a Cayin C9 amp). I think it make sense to tune the headphones to my liking before i start down the path of tubes…
I highly recommend the Schiit Lokius. I use it with headphones that need a little more bass or recordings that are a little too bright. It works wonders!

Feb 13, 2024 at 11:11 PM Post #1,802 of 1,808
[Cross-post from the other Liquid Platinum thread in this forum.]

Liquid Platinum is truly singing the heavens with RFT ECC82 'foil getter' tubes (in Pulse Tube Store adapters) ...
32969432-9B8F-437B-9929-A62C362375B4.jpeg
42C26275-08E5-4AD7-9E0E-78F424E5E647.jpeg

May 1, 2024 at 9:23 AM Post #1,803 of 1,808
Newbie here. English is not my first language, so please bear with me.

I have a Meze 109 Pro and a LCD-X (post 2021 version). My setup is Cambridge Audio MXN10 connected with an optical cable to RME ADI-2 DAC and then connected with a balanced cable to Liquid Platinum.

What tubes would you recomend to tame the brightness/sibilance of my 109 Pro?

And what would you recomend to "quiet"/reduce the shoutiness when paired with the LCD-X?

I've read about the Gold Lions (post # 1.743) but I don't even know how to search for them on Amazon or eBay.

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #1,804 of 1,808
It has been a while since I posted but I am asking for help again. As I post this I forgot which tubes I upgraded to (they were less than $150). I am still disappointed with the lack of tubey sound, soundstage and holographic sound. I do like the detail and separation. I use a Geshelli J2 AKM dac and have OG Anandas. I had the Xduoo MT-604 previously. It had the tubiness I liked but it was a gift and one of the sockets broke.
I am trying to decide it I should sell the LP and get something else or try better tubes and maybe try socket adapters. I am nervous about trying adapters. I don't want to go over $400 if I can avoid it. Will sell the LP here if I go a different way
I'd love any advice and tips.
Thank you and peaceful listening.

May 15, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #1,805 of 1,808
It has been a while since I posted but I am asking for help again. As I post this I forgot which tubes I upgraded to (they were less than $150). I am still disappointed with the lack of tubey sound, soundstage and holographic sound. I do like the detail and separation. I use a Geshelli J2 AKM dac and have OG Anandas. I had the Xduoo MT-604 previously. It had the tubiness I liked but it was a gift and one of the sockets broke.
I am trying to decide it I should sell the LP and get something else or try better tubes and maybe try socket adapters. I am nervous about trying adapters. I don't want to go over $400 if I can avoid it. Will sell the LP here if I go a different way
Forgot that I have a Schitt Lokius eq

May 15, 2024 at 12:54 PM Post #1,806 of 1,808
It has been a while since I posted but I am asking for help again. Genelex Hold Lion tube upgrade. I am still disappointed with the lack of tubey sound, soundstage and holographic sound. I do like the detail and separation. I use a Geshelli J2 AKM dac and have OG Anandas. I had the Xduoo MT-604 previously. It had the tubiness I liked but it was a gift and one of the sockets broke.
Genelex Gold Lion were the tubes I got

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 12:55 PM Post #1,807 of 1,808
If it is "tubey" sound uber alles that you seek, Liquid Platinum is not so suited. LP is a VT / SS hybrid - its "tubeyness" therefore has a limit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back