IMPRESSIONS: Sony Qualia, Audio-Technica L3000, Grado GS1000.
Aug 28, 2006 at 5:08 PM Post #151 of 176
Does anyone have the Black Dragon Cable up-fit? I wonder how that effects the GS1000s?
confused.gif

Aug 28, 2006 at 6:49 PM Post #152 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
After getting use to the rs-1 mids and Ps-1's mids I just find I just can't hack the Gs1-mids. Just doesn't have that effortless presentation of the ps-1's mids.

What headphone do you own? Your signature only says Grado SR60, I assume that's sarcasm?

Anyway, I think the RS-1/GS-1000 has about the same midrange quality wize for my tastes. The PS-1 has a better midrange IMO.

It is textured, but as Markl mentioned more distant and hard to get a hold of. It's not all that much different than the RS-1, but the imaging is more "airy" while the RS-1 is rock solid in the compact, jumbled soundstage.

Aug 28, 2006 at 10:31 PM Post #153 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321
What headphone do you own? Your signature only says Grado SR60, I assume that's sarcasm?

Anyway, I think the RS-1/GS-1000 has about the same midrange quality wize for my tastes. The PS-1 has a better midrange IMO.

It is textured, but as Markl mentioned more distant and hard to get a hold of. It's not all that much different than the RS-1, but the imaging is more "airy" while the RS-1 is rock solid in the compact, jumbled soundstage.

I haven't updated my profile in a while. Just suppose I am too use to the ps-1 and rs-1 mids, I guess.

Aug 28, 2006 at 11:58 PM Post #154 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321
You can't have it both ways unfortunately.

Stax Omega II/HeadAmp KGSS welcome to tomorrow
biggrin.gif

Aug 29, 2006 at 1:55 AM Post #156 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solude
Stax Omega II/HeadAmp KGSS welcome to tomorrow
biggrin.gif

Hmmm tempting.
evil_smiley.gif
no, no i can't.

I have HP-2's on the way already

Aug 29, 2006 at 2:18 AM Post #158 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak
Wow congrats on accumulating an awesome Grado collection
rs1smile.gif

Were they steveio's pair?

Thanks! Yes they were.

Aug 30, 2006 at 10:53 PM Post #159 of 176
Yesterday morning I received my L3000 (second hand, apparently with lot of hours).
I spent about six hours on them and I spun all sort of music.
My first impressions match most of Markl excellent review. Not everything though. BTW, early impressions are often wrong, so I'll wait a few days and some tube rolling before expressing my thoughts.

Aug 30, 2006 at 11:47 PM Post #160 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Do any of the gs1k users find the the midrange to be dry sounding compared relative to the Rs-1 and even more so the Ps-1 mids?

I mean I know it has the whole soundstage width and depth going on for them but I just thought the mids were a bit too dry for my taste's.

I feel like its quite the opposite actually. The gs-1000 mids are right where they should be, and the rs-1 is just over-done.

Aug 30, 2006 at 11:55 PM Post #162 of 176
Impressions are Impressions, from an individuals perspective. Dry on one system may be brighter on another. Unless we all have the same ears with the same equipment running on the same cables from the same mains power in the same city of the same country, each impression will be different.

Aug 31, 2006 at 12:30 AM Post #163 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by yellafella321
what happened to only having 2 thousand dollar cans
wink.gif

When are you getting your gs1k's recabled?

Um, I uh saw a HP-2 on sale and it put that idea on hold for the moment
redface.gif

I am streamlining, and I want to see what the HP-2 sounds like. After that I've heard all the top Grado's, and will decide which ones to stick with. After that, the cable upgrade.

Drew should have the Silver Dragons burned in soon. I'm waiting for impressions on that compared to the Black Dragons. I assume the Black Dragon will be more to my tastes though.

Sep 1, 2006 at 9:16 AM Post #164 of 176
I wish markl would have impressions of more headphones in the lower price region like the at ad2000 for comparison with these super cans

Sep 1, 2006 at 5:33 PM Post #165 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus
I wish markl would have impressions of more headphones in the lower price region like the at ad2000 for comparison with these super cans

That's not markl's thing, and god knows there is only so much time in the day. I have found this thread very interesting, because with the upgrade of my system, I have been thinking of moving from the AD2K to the GS1000. I don't like the RS1 sound, and don't want closed cans, so it does seem like a logical upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back