Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
May 18, 2024 at 4:28 AM Post #1,966 of 1,975
I have asked headquarters to take down all mention of Airplay in their Android device pages. They also thought it was supported by apps on the Play Store but users' experience tell otherwise.

The non-Android players (R3 etc.) do have built-in airplay rendering support.

Hopefully this was not a major factor in your purchase decision. If it was, do email hello@hiby.com and we will discuss options with you.

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 18, 2024 at 7:45 AM Post #1,967 of 1,975
I have asked headquarters to take down all mention of Airplay in their Android device pages. They also thought it was supported by apps on the Play Store but users' experience tell otherwise.

Hopefully this was not a major factor in your purchase decision. If it was, do email hello@hiby.com and we will discuss options with you.

I think you are doing the right thing here (and I appreciate the transparency). There are ways to get Airplay on Android (helper apps, etc.) but most aren't worth the effort and frustration for the result.

May 18, 2024 at 9:58 AM Post #1,968 of 1,975
I think you are doing the right thing here (and I appreciate the transparency). There are ways to get Airplay on Android (helper apps, etc.) but most aren't worth the effort and frustration for the result.
am all ears for what you think is the best set of apps for this, even if we are taking down the word Airplay.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 18, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #1,969 of 1,975
am all ears for what you think is the best set of apps for this, even if we are taking down the word Airplay.

Airmusic is probably the best for Android 10+ or rooted devices. It's not free, but does have a trial version to test with. Another option is AirConnect (a helper app) that converts to UPnP or Chromecast but has to run on a PC on the same network. Both options can be tricky to set up. Note these are audio only solutions.

May 19, 2024 at 12:35 AM Post #1,970 of 1,975

Thank you

May 27, 2024 at 3:41 AM Post #1,972 of 1,975
This is an odd one:

if I turn my DAP off, the next time I restart it, it won't be able to connect to my internet unless I restart router - as otherwise DAP cycles through 3 states:
  1. disconnected
  2. connected but on 2.5ghz
  3. connected on 5ghz but soon goto 1 again
sitting next to router when it reconnects seems to fix it. Its normally fine once its connected.
Router is a TP Link VX220-G2V AX1500 Wireless Gigabit VoIP VDSL Modem router(I assumed someone would ask)

Nothing else in house has this problem. I can connect phone but not router, from anywhere in my house.

I normally leave it on, I just turned it off to save power. Now I see why I leave it on.

Last edited:
May 28, 2024 at 4:05 AM Post #1,973 of 1,975
This is an odd one:

if I turn my DAP off, the next time I restart it, it won't be able to connect to my internet unless I restart router - as otherwise DAP cycles through 3 states:
  1. disconnected
sitting next to router when it reconnects seems to fix it. Its normally fine once its connected.
Router is a TP Link VX220-G2V AX1500 Wireless Gigabit VoIP VDSL Modem router(I assumed someone would ask)

Nothing else in house has this problem. I can connect phone but not router, from anywhere in my house.

I normally leave it on, I just turned it off to save power. Now I see why I leave it on.
Seems like a WiFi range issue. DAPs have lesser range compared to phones due to extra shielding to avoid noise etc. Although in my experience the Hiby R6P2 has decent range, I don’t have to sit next to my router.

You can try the following.

- In your router, separate the 2.4ghz and 5ghz into two separate SSIDs with different names (it will appear as 2 different access points for devices). Now connect your DAP to the 2.4ghz SSID. 2.4ghz has longer range compared to the 5ghz and works better through walls and other obstacles.

May 28, 2024 at 4:14 AM Post #1,974 of 1,975
This is an odd one:

1. disconnected

I had exactly the same problem at home with a repeater, no problem when I tested the dap in my parents'home. I change my repeater and use now a Wi-Fi mesh. No problem anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back