HE90 Orpheus and Other Nice Things (WARNING 56Kers)...
Jan 31, 2005 at 1:22 PM Post #241 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilPeart
As soon as I realized how good the HE90 was I should have headed for the border!
wink.gif

Here is a pic of the 'phones with their respective model numbers for clarity:
Headphones.jpg

allow me to drooooooooooooolllllllllllllllll

Jan 31, 2005 at 1:49 PM Post #242 of 243
Quote:

What would the total cost of all those headphones come to?

Around $25,000, depending on how one estimates the price of discontinued models like the R10, HE90, etc. The scary thing is only the HD650/Zu-XLR, Red Qualia and K1000 are NOT Alex's - the rest are his!
eek.gif

Quote:

That's a shot of the eventually uncovered chimerical treasure of Treasure Island.

Quote:

allow me to drooooooooooooolllllllllllllllll

Don't forget that the Blue Qualia has a balanced, braided silver cabling and the HD650 on the left has a balanced Zu Mobius cable!
orphsmile.gif

Jan 31, 2005 at 2:21 PM Post #243 of 243
Well back to the HE-90, bozebuttons had his pair hooked up to the Meitner DAC and Black Gated KGSS. It was a zen experience. Truly eye opening though, was the same source through his Cary amp and the Sony R10. This is a revelation for me, because the R10s that I always listened to were from the very first batch: late 1980's to early 1990s. Apparently the drivers changed in the mid 1990's and it added the last thing that was missing from the earlier R10: The bass! I am going to start a new thread on this, but I am now enamored with the R10. The Cary/R10 makes you think twice about spending more on the HE-90.

BTW, the Omega II sounded fantastic on that setup as well.
wink.gif

Edit: forgot to mention this was at the NY meet this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back