Grado Fan Club!
May 16, 2024 at 2:46 PM Post #65,716 of 65,719
Grado & Schiit should pair up and offer combo deals.

Attachments

• IMG_1673.jpeg
    IMG_1673.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
May 16, 2024 at 4:48 PM Post #65,717 of 65,719
IMG_3386.jpeg

Comparing 325x and SR60 directly quickly using iPhone dongle and F-pads:
- SR60 slightly spicy and fatiguing lower treble can sometimes come off as sounding grating or peaky, while 325x sounds smoother and fuller in the treble.
- SR60 seems to have very slightly more bass which is preferable
- 325x percussion instruments can sound as having a little more impact and definition, perhaps related to cleaner bass or perhaps hint of frequency response peaks like upper mids
- which do I prefer? If based on sonics only, then 325x
- ymmv, hrtf, etc

May 16, 2024 at 5:09 PM Post #65,718 of 65,719
Question: All I really have for sources are a few portable DACs, mostly iBassos, they have different outputs but they all have a 3.5mm. I want to try a Schiit amp but the inputs, at least on the more affordable ones, tend to only be RCA. Is there a decent splitter cable that goes 3.5 male output to RCA inputs? Would it be worth trying? Also, I would need something with 6.5 and 4.4 phone outputs. I'm happily enough doing this with an ifi zen at the moment, it has a 3.5 input, I'm using a 3.5 to 3.5 male-to-male Mogami Gold cable, it has 6.5 and 4.4 outputs, not complaints. But it's Schiit Schiit Schiiit aound here and I have some serious Grados. Thanks.

May 16, 2024 at 5:45 PM Post #65,719 of 65,719
Question: All I really have for sources are a few portable DACs, mostly iBassos, they have different outputs but they all have a 3.5mm. I want to try a Schiit amp but the inputs, at least on the more affordable ones, tend to only be RCA. Is there a decent splitter cable that goes 3.5 male output to RCA inputs? Would it be worth trying? Also, I would need something with 6.5 and 4.4 phone outputs. I'm happily enough doing this with an ifi zen at the moment, it has a 3.5 input, I'm using a 3.5 to 3.5 male-to-male Mogami Gold cable, it has 6.5 and 4.4 outputs, not complaints. But it's Schiit Schiit Schiiit aound here and I have some serious Grados. Thanks.
Upon reflection, I can do without the 4.4. It's kind of a drag, but it's only for my 860s, which of course comes with a 6.5 cable. The real thing is plugging the portable DAC into the RCAs, whether or not there would be sufficient signal. I actually think Mogami makes the appropriate cable anyway. And then I guess the next question is which would be the cheapest Schitt amp I could get away with that would make a difference over the ifi. In addition to the 800s, among other Grados I'd need to drive a 3000x and an HF2. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back