Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
May 1, 2024 at 1:06 AM Post #4,831 of 4,925
I have a MK 433 and it pairs extremely well with my D8KPLE. People sleep on that amp way too much. One of the best SS amps for is size/performance/price.
I was thinking of that amp, I was deciding between the MK 433 or the 394 II. Do you think the 433 has enough power for other headphones like the 1266? I also heard it has a warm sound profile, would say that it is similar to a violectric warmness?

May 1, 2024 at 4:11 AM Post #4,832 of 4,925
I am also thinking between those two (433 and 394 ii) it says the 433 is the next itteration after 394 is discontinued, but when I look at the price difference it is almost double so it is questionable how do they compare soundwise.

May 1, 2024 at 9:53 AM Post #4,833 of 4,925
I am also thinking between those two (433 and 394 ii) it says the 433 is the next itteration after 394 is discontinued
Shame on you if you look further than Auris...you have a masterclass amps in your backyard. :wink:
I have one (Ha-2 SF) and am thinking of getting another (new model) for headphones, but I hope someday to grab one for speakers, too (Auris Fortino 88). I am using HA-2 SF exclusively with Final D8000.

Cheers!

May 1, 2024 at 10:02 AM Post #4,834 of 4,925
Shame on you if you look further than Auris...you have a masterclass amps in your backyard. :wink:
I have one (Ha-2 SF) and am thinking of getting another (new model) for headphones, but I hope someday to grab one for speakers, too (Auris Fortino 88). I am using HA-2 SF exclusively with Final D8000.

Cheers!
Haha true, I actually had it on my future to get list :) but for now I have the tubes with Euforia so I wanted a solid state to complement. Cheers to neighbour! :D

May 1, 2024 at 11:22 AM Post #4,835 of 4,925
Hey guys. The Schiit Kara headphone out is really quite good with the D-8000 (Original tuning). Using the Kara headphone out I like the hi gain setting. The Kara has a ton of neutrality and is really incisive with a good amount of punch and attack. Brings out some great character in the D-8000 while keeping its bass in check. Sounds impactful still, but with more control.
The Kara is dead quiet and I think offers exceptional value at a $700.00.
If you guys want a break from tubes I think the Schiit Kara is a great pick up and the synergy with the D-8000 is actually there.

Attachments

• IMG_7842.jpeg
    IMG_7842.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7871.jpeg
    IMG_7871.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7872.jpeg
    IMG_7872.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
May 1, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #4,837 of 4,925

nephilim32 The Schiit Kara headphone out is really quite good with the D-8000... :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile:

Kara is the best Solid state...I bet it is, you see, that's the one...Kara :ksc75smile:

Cheers, neighbour! :beerchug:
Give it a try. I do think the high gain works really nicely. Passive mode is not bad, but the attack and punch is greater in high gain. The first gain setting is not that great because of the current/voltage output relationship. Anyhow. Either passive or high gain I think is pretty awesome.

Cheers to you, neighbor! ☺️

May 1, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #4,838 of 4,925
I am also thinking between those two (433 and 394 ii) it says the 433 is the next itteration after 394 is discontinued, but when I look at the price difference it is almost double so it is questionable how do they compare soundwise.
I was thinking of that amp, I was deciding between the MK 433 or the 394 II. Do you think the 433 has enough power for other headphones like the 1266? I also heard it has a warm sound profile, would say that it is similar to a violectric warmness?
I was considering the 394ii, but I've already got a couple of beastly SS amps (OG Cavalli Liquid Gold, Mjolnir BiPolar), so I opted for the 433 at less than half the price. Of course after hearing how good the 433 was, I started wondering about the 394ii...

Unfortunately, since owning the 433 I haven't had a Susvara, 1266 or any other really hard to drive headphones to test with the 433. However, everything I've thrown at it from planars to 300ohm dynamics has sounded great off of it. It has a pleasing analog feel, so just a slight touch of warmth. I think one of it's most impressive abilities is how well it stages. While it's not a ultra wide, everything is presented right where is should be.

I'm working on a review of the 433, but it keeps getting delayed. I've had some hearing problems the last 4-5 months, which hasn't allowed me to listen to headphones much.

May 1, 2024 at 1:48 PM Post #4,840 of 4,925
I'm working on a review of the 433, but it keeps getting delayed.
I'll be very interested in this. I've been intrigued with this amp ever since I happened to stumble upon it on the internet. And have always been intrigued with the brand. The 433 price point is very attractive, has the MK pedigree, trickle-down technology and fully balanced. The only thing that gave me a bit of pause was in the description it mentioned being made primarily with dynamics HPs in mind, and max power output is 1.2w. But your earlier comments sound promising for planars.

There is a small thread on this amp elsewhere here, but not a lot of info or comments. Hopefully more can be said and reported on this amp. Especially if it sounds good with D8000 and other planars.

May 1, 2024 at 2:07 PM Post #4,842 of 4,925
I think it would be quite laughable if I get one...considering the translation in my language...Kara :)
But who knows...I just have to get used to it :)
hahah zasmejah se
I'll be very interested in this. I've been intrigued with this amp ever since I happened to stumble upon it on the internet. And have always been intrigued with the brand. The 433 price point is very attractive, has the MK pedigree, trickle-down technology and fully balanced. The only thing that gave me a bit of pause was in the description it mentioned being made primarily with dynamics HPs in mind, and max power output is 1.2w. But your earlier comments sound promising for planars.

There is a small thread on this amp elsewhere here, but not a lot of info or comments. Hopefully more can be said and reported on this amp. Especially if it sounds good with D8000 and other planars.
I was intrigued for 433 because on the website the 394II is discontinued, thinking if it makes sense to sound (almost) on the level of the one discontinued but only hearing will tell us.

May 1, 2024 at 4:07 PM Post #4,844 of 4,925
I was considering the 394ii, but I've already got a couple of beastly SS amps (OG Cavalli Liquid Gold, Mjolnir BiPolar), so I opted for the 433 at less than half the price. Of course after hearing how good the 433 was, I started wondering about the 394ii...

Unfortunately, since owning the 433 I haven't had a Susvara, 1266 or any other really hard to drive headphones to test with the 433. However, everything I've thrown at it from planars to 300ohm dynamics has sounded great off of it. It has a pleasing analog feel, so just a slight touch of warmth. I think one of it's most impressive abilities is how well it stages. While it's not a ultra wide, everything is presented right where is should be.

I'm working on a review of the 433, but it keeps getting delayed. I've had some hearing problems the last 4-5 months, which hasn't allowed me to listen to headphones much.
The price point of the 433 looks really enticing, the 394 ii is great but it is a little costly for me. It would be interesting to test it out with more power hungry headphones. I think lots of us are interested in the upcoming review of the 433.

May 1, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #4,845 of 4,925
Hahaha...and when you add to the Schiit...it's really funny. But Dick is the usual name in the US, right? Like Dick Tracy, Dick Cheney, Dick Van Dyke... :)
Years ago I was in sales. One day I had to call a company customer named Richard Head. The other people I sat next to were all cracking up, because "Dick" is the short form of Richard (who knows why). Everybody knew I absolutely could not call this man "Dick."

I dial the guy, he answers, and I say, "Is this Richard Head?" He replies, "Yes it is. Please call me Dick." I start laughing so hard I nearly pee my pants, desperately trying to not let him hear me laugh. After a few seconds I just hang up (everybody laughing). 15 minutes later I call the man back from a more private phone. "I don't know what happened ... our switchboard must've cut me off!"

I didn't have the Final D8000 back then. Maybe it would've helped.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back