FiiO M23, AK4191EQ+AK4499EX, THX AAA-78+, Dual Type-C Ports, Dual-Core Fast Charging, 1000mW+1000mW @32Ω
May 25, 2024 at 4:05 AM Post #376 of 381
@FiiO
Hi, thank you for replying!

1. According to our test, the USB DAC delay of M23 is within 200ms. Are there any other certain setting in your computer? Does the problem happen when using other APP?
I tested it with some streaming services in a browser, some movies locally in Windows Media Player and a couple of games. I don't have clear steps to reproduce the issue and it doesn't happen often, but it was very noticeable when the lag was happening vs normal operation. Sound quality in Windows 11 is set to 384kHz/32bit, the only non-default setting in FiiO Control App was activating the Options tab via a config file change and switching Streaming option from "On when needed" to "Always on" (which I've since reverted to the default setting).

All that said, "within 200ms" is a pretty large range, is it 10-30 ms or 150-200? Both are within 200 but very different experiences for the user.

2. When the charging port(any C port will do) is connected to a fast charging adapter that supports PD3.0 or above protocol, the Super gain option could be enabled. When USB is inserted and D.MODE is displayed ON, it means the Desktop Mode is enabled. D.mode enabled or not will not affect the activity of Super gain option.
Alright but could you confirm that the battery still very slowly discharging when plugged in is a normal behavior when D.Mode is enabled and Super Gain is available in settings?

Last edited:
May 25, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #377 of 381
Has anyone else noticed the M23 volume buttons are sometimes unresponsive? I generally prefer using the buttons (vs. using the touch slider) but noticed that the player only registers my volume up/down presses about 60-70% of the time. It seems particularly unresponsive if I press near the top-most or bottom-most areas of the volume panel. Often, although I feel and hear a physical button "click" the volume level does not change. I'm wondering if I have a defective unit or if maybe this is a firmware quirk. Anyone else experience this?
How are you able to change from slide to click? I can't seem to get it to go into click mode only, it is either slide or side volume control off. I have had a few of the M11 and it was a simple setting in there but I can't get it to work on the M23, I have four options under Volume Touch Panel Settings: Touch Sounds, Slide and Hold for auto-adjustment, Auto-Lock, and Disable Volume Touch Panel, if I select this last option then the top or bottom click dont' work on my unit either. Thanks for any assistance!

EDIT: Ok I got it to work but then it is as you said above, I have to press with what I would consider too much force to get the volume to adjust.........bummer.

Last edited:
May 25, 2024 at 1:37 PM Post #378 of 381
There are dead areas where there is a definite click but the volume doesn't change. Even with significant force. These dead areas are either at the upper or bottom most positions or in the exact middle. You can "click" in these areas and get a physical button press response but have no change in volume. I can understand a press in the exact middle not changing the volume, which way would it go? But the upper and bottom most presses are frustrating. Users should not have to be so careful about where on the volume bar they press.

May 25, 2024 at 1:48 PM Post #379 of 381
i find it is easier to use the slider:
setting a max volume first on the setting, ie: 30 on mine
then on volume touch panel:
turn on auto lock,
so now everytime i want to change the volume:
double tap on the touch slider to activate the volume slider display
slide the volume to your desired level

Last edited:
May 25, 2024 at 1:49 PM Post #380 of 381
i find it is easier to use the slider:
setting a max volume first on the setting, ie: 30 on mine
turn on auto lock,
and then everytime i want to change the volume:
double tap on the touch slider to activate the volume slider display
slide the volume to your desired level
good idea at this point, I set my max to 60 but will cut it to 45ish.

May 27, 2024 at 6:41 AM Post #381 of 381
I've had my M23 for a week now, and I haven't really had any issues with the volume buttons in my copy. They seem to work fine when I press up or down.

One thing that comes to mind when comparing the M23 to my old Cowon Plenue D2 is that the volume increases/decreases in bigger amounts when I go one volume level up or down. With the Plenue you can better fine tune the right volume because amount of increase/decrease is smaller. Hope this makes sense. @FiiO is this something that could be improved or added via future firmware updates?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back