Eversolo DMP-A6 Network Streamer/DAC
Jun 7, 2024 at 3:15 PM Post #796 of 808
Thanks! Yeah I ended up buying an LG USB 2.0 drive and a half TB SSD and everything works great! I did have to plug the cd drive into the lower USB port instead of the OTG in order for it to work but everything works smoothly now.

Do you know of a way to input the Artist information ? Everything looks great in the albums tab with album artwork and track titles but the Artists tab is empty.
About the Artist info : if no artist is visible on the CD ripper page, then you should manually edit the main title field and insert the Artist name directly. This will append the artist name onto every track name, this will mean that the Artist is found correctly in the Music Library. This needs to happen before the rip. If the rip occurs without this, then it will not be possible to edit the artist afterwards unfortunately as far as I am aware. I am hoping that this artist field issue will be solved in the latest firmware release.

Jun 7, 2024 at 3:44 PM Post #797 of 808
About the Artist info : if no artist is visible on the CD ripper page, then you should manually edit the main title field and insert the Artist name directly. This will append the artist name onto every track name, this will mean that the Artist is found correctly in the Music Library. This needs to happen before the rip. If the rip occurs without this, then it will not be possible to edit the artist afterwards unfortunately as far as I am aware. I am hoping that this artist field issue will be solved in the latest firmware release.
Ah thanks so much, that’s great info! I just wish I hadn’t already ripped about 50 CDs! Oh well now I know what I’m doing this weekend 😅

Jun 7, 2024 at 6:44 PM Post #798 of 808
Ah thanks so much, that’s great info! I just wish I hadn’t already ripped about 50 CDs! Oh well now I know what I’m doing this weekend 😅

Are you able to move the music tracks off the streamer to a PC, edit the files with a tag editor, then move them back to the streamer, and then have the library software re-scan them for updated tags?

Jun 8, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #801 of 808
Hello. Has anyone been able to show Lyrics in the new Lyrics Theme?
Yes but the tracks were actually instrumental with no vocals. The A6 just grabbed some lyrics from a similarly named song and pastes them up on the new Lyrics Theme, not very impressive. The place in the controller app where lyrics used to appear usually correctly at least some of the time is now a complete laugh with one letter of a word on each line of a very fast scrolling display. I am referring to page 3 of the Now Playing Screen on the Android app in portrait mode. Maybe this relates to the fact that at least on my unit there has been no update of the controller app via PlayStore as yet. Lots of improvement required here.

Jun 8, 2024 at 10:55 AM Post #802 of 808
Yes but the tracks were actually instrumental with no vocals. The A6 just grabbed some lyrics from a similarly named song and pastes them up on the new Lyrics Theme, not very impressive. The place in the controller app where lyrics used to appear usually correctly at least some of the time is now a complete laugh with one letter of a word on each line of a very fast scrolling display. I am referring to page 3 of the Now Playing Screen on the Android app in portrait mode. Maybe this relates to the fact that at least on my unit there has been no update of the controller app via PlayStore as yet. Lots of improvement required here.
I mean on the A6 screen, not the app. I have tried for one hour different streaming services and none was displayed

Jun 8, 2024 at 4:08 PM Post #804 of 808
Are you able to move the music tracks off the streamer to a PC, edit the files with a tag editor, then move them back to the streamer, and then have the library software re-scan them for updated tags?

Well I might have to because I re-ripped almost everything and now I’m getting this weird behaviour:

Every album I rip (for which I manually input the Artist name before ripping) shows up as two albums in the Albums sections, one with the entire tracklist minus one song and another one with just that one missing song. Even worse, in the Artists section, for every artist it shows the album with the one missing song in it and not both (which I could live with). I double checked whether that song is the first one (in case I mistakenly tapped next to the first song instead of next to the album name when typing the artist) but it isn’t, it’s just a completely random track in each album. Here’s just some screenshots of what my library looks like.

Attachments

• IMG_0686.png
    IMG_0686.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0687.png
    IMG_0687.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Jun 8, 2024 at 5:07 PM Post #805 of 808
Well I might have to because I re-ripped almost everything and now I’m getting this weird behaviour:

Every album I rip (for which I manually input the Artist name before ripping) shows up as two albums in the Albums sections, one with the entire tracklist minus one song and another one with just that one missing song. Even worse, in the Artists section, for every artist it shows the album with the one missing song in it and not both (which I could live with). I double checked whether that song is the first one (in case I mistakenly tapped next to the first song instead of next to the album name when typing the artist) but it isn’t, it’s just a completely random track in each album. Here’s just some screenshots of what my library looks like.
Haven't seen this before. I have occasionally seen the first and second tracks swapped when the ripped cd is played back, but they are all correct tracks for the album, and this has only happened a few times overall. What you describe is more worrying. I haven't ripped any new CDs with v1.2.98 though, I hope we have not regressed with CD ripping with this new release.

Jun 8, 2024 at 5:25 PM Post #806 of 808
Haven't seen this before. I have occasionally seen the first and second tracks swapped when the ripped cd is played back, but they are all correct tracks for the album, and this has only happened a few times overall. What you describe is more worrying. I haven't ripped any new CDs with v1.2.98 though, I hope we have not regressed with CD ripping with this new release.

Yeah I might have to connect to my Mac and do all the editing there. Any suggestions on what to use to edit the tags? Then I’ll probably hold off ripping any new albums until another update is pushed solving this.

Also, is there a way to completely delete these albums from the SSD without using a computer? I deleted the previous albums (the ones that had no artist information) just by tapping the three dots on each album and deleting. Now I rescanned the library to see if that fixes anything and it brought all of them back! So now I have three versions of each album, one with a missing track, one with just the missing track and one that is complete but has no Artist info 😂😂

Jun 8, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #807 of 808
Yeah I might have to connect to my Mac and do all the editing there. Any suggestions on what to use to edit the tags? Then I’ll probably hold off ripping any new albums until another update is pushed solving this.

Also, is there a way to completely delete these albums from the SSD without using a computer? I deleted the previous albums (the ones that had no artist information) just by tapping the three dots on each album and deleting. Now I rescanned the library to see if that fixes anything and it brought all of them back! So now I have three versions of each album, one with a missing track, one with just the missing track and one that is complete but has no Artist info 😂😂
Can't help you on suitable tag editor for Mac, hopefully someone else can help there. About deleting files, folders from the SSD, yes you just navigate to the files, folders using the Files feature. After selecting the item(s) you want to operate on just by pressing on them, an Edit menu will appear at the top line, one option there is the trash symbol which will delete the selected items for you. Copy and paste features also on this usefull Edit menu, if it doesn't pop up you should be able to make it visible by pressing the Edit icon, looks like a pen inside a page. So this deals with the actual underlying files or folders, they are now wiped. However the music library database if you have created it will still have them listed so you should update or rescan the library. If it gets very confusing after you wipe the files, do a complete library rebuild as a more drastic step. What you appear to have done is to wipe at the library level without removing the actual files. Hope this helps.

Jun 8, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #808 of 808
Can't help you on suitable tag editor for Mac, hopefully someone else can help there. About deleting files, folders from the SSD, yes you just navigate to the files, folders using the Files feature. After selecting the item(s) you want to operate on just by pressing on them, an Edit menu will appear at the top line, one option there is the trash symbol which will delete the selected items for you. Copy and paste features also on this usefull Edit menu, if it doesn't pop up you should be able to make it visible by pressing the Edit icon, looks like a pen inside a page. So this deals with the actual underlying files or folders, they are now wiped. However the music library database if you have created it will still have them listed so you should update or rescan the library. If it gets very confusing after you wipe the files, do a complete library rebuild as a more drastic step. What you appear to have done is to wipe at the library level without removing the actual files. Hope this helps.

It helps a lot, thanks so much for taking the time!
I’ll delete the old files this way and then move everything over to the Mac, edit the tags and back into the A6. Thanks again !

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back