Erzetich Charybdis
Apr 18, 2023 at 1:03 AM Post #17 of 270
Yes it is. Nice soft pads. No pressure. I can listen for hours without trouble ... Well made headphones.

Apr 18, 2023 at 1:11 AM Post #18 of 270
Oh, these definitely pique my interest. I will grovel regarding the weight.

Apr 18, 2023 at 1:21 AM Post #19 of 270
Weight is OK, really, you get used to it. Sound is wonderful ...

Apr 18, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #21 of 270
No, I did not. Maybe should do sometime. I always preferred the leather pads on my Meze(s), hence I did not switch pads on the Charybdis ...

Apr 20, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #22 of 270
Very interested in these after reading Sandu’s review. I was in the market for a used Susvara, might be rethinking my plan. The ability to drive these with a portable amp when on the road is a big plus.

Has anyone else besides Peter ordered a set? Peter, thank you for your impressions.

Apr 22, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #24 of 270
Great! So you ordered them. Let me now whether you like them. They should arrive within a week.

May 7, 2023 at 8:03 AM Post #27 of 270
Its hereeeeee. Gotta wait next week before listen. Ahh cant wait.

IMG-20230506-WA0037.jpg

May 11, 2023 at 3:50 AM Post #29 of 270
Just did first listening session, not too long and no burn in yet (BLAZ recommends another 12 hours). Some quick summary notes. Forgive me if its all over the place, this is very quick first impressions. Ill do more after burn in.

- More comfortable than i expect at 720grams. Pads are soft and comfortable
- Well built yet have some sharp edges, the rods adjustment are very stiff.
- Stock cable is ok.
- Sound stage is huge!! Sounds big all around, maybe bigger than hd800s, although hd800s feels more deep sometimes due to the recessed vocals.
- Bass is deep and punchy, very engaging
- Due to the immersively huge soundstage, sometimes you tend to listen louder and louder, and this one just keeps giving and giving. Also very easy to drive, quite alot easier than the ZMF caldera.
- Very quick decay yet does not sound dry. (i have toobs in the chain though). Ill try on pure SS soon.
- Notes have smooth attack, not as much dynamics in the mids and treble like the hd800s and caldera. Somehow the notes feel rounded a little like the ZMF atriums.
- Sounds good for all genres, this is a very versatile set. Even bad recordings sounds good like the caldera, unlike the hd800s.
- Treble are well done! No harshness and very enjoyable and airy.
- Detail retrieval and resolution are top notch, does not feel lacking in any way.
- Im an EQ guy, this one does not seem to need any EQ. Only Caldera, susvara and the charybdis i feel no EQ is needed.

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-11 at 14.52.02.jpg

Last edited:
May 15, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #30 of 270
Another Name for my audition list for the high end

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back