Erzetich Charybdis
May 14, 2024 at 10:13 PM Post #256 of 264
Same!
But you did an Anniversary Edition upgrade and i bought a stupidly expensive headphone, used, but still stupidly expensive.
I also honestly doubt that the Charybdis (and to be fair, any of the newer planars like the Empy 2, Tungsten etc) have anything new or better to offer than the three planars i already own. Maybe i'm wrong, but i don't crave other planars right now (anymore).
That doesn't mean i'm not interested in hearing it...
Priorities man, priorities...
Much larger soundstage then any other can

May 14, 2024 at 10:46 PM Post #257 of 264
Hello there,
I see many of you still interested about these cans and well I couldn’t not have them after I listened to them so I bought them

first of all I have to present myself as a musician studied 6 years piano and 7 years trombone and now I am one of the best opera singers baritone in the world singing everywhere
Sung at the Met , Covent-Garden , Paris ,Scala Viena etc
I say this to you because I want you to understand that for me the most important sound is the natural one, I mostly go from orchestra rehearsals directly to headphones testing and try to listen to which one sounds closer to the real orchestra sound

That is why some headphones were from the start out of the question
All Stax are sounding much too electric they have a very far away sound to the real violin or chords in general same with Susvara, I have never ever liked then because even played by Feliks Envy they don’t sound natural the orchestra sounds fuller rounded and warmer in reality

Some cans that do this right are LCD4 or Focal Utopia Abyss

And some like the veiled Sennheiser or Elite are going in the other direction

I made this introduction just to explain that I have never ever heard a better headphone sound then Charybdis paired with the amp in the image I put here !
Never ever the sound was so big and realistic , it was like I had a Real Concert in front of me
Just incredible and I listened to shangri la or Orpheus and all the great names lots and lots of times

The Charybdis are fabulous headphones in my opinion in their own league because of the huge soundstage and I mean by this in some songs or for example Zimmer’s Dune 2 soundtrack the instrumental separation almost give the sensation of binaural recording
The detail and resolution is almost on pair with Susvara but as I said much more natural sounding.
They have a wonderful frequency balance bass is excellent mids and heights the same

They are easy to pair as they work already great with dongles like Btr7 or Ru7 of course depleting the battery fast
And they already shine with a Hugo 2 or M17 Fiio

They are incredible with Cayin amps also as a dap cayin n8ii sounds fabulous with them

The comfort is better then Audeze headphones in general but of course not even close to Elite or Utopia
Nevertheless I have no problem wearing them for long periods of time which I could never do with lcd4

May the force be with all of you and your music and cans shine!

George

Attachments

• IMG_1300.png
    IMG_1300.png
    7.8 MB · Views: 0
May 14, 2024 at 10:49 PM Post #258 of 264
Hello there,
I see many of you still interested about these cans and well I couldn’t not have them after I listened to them so I bought them

first of all I have to present myself as a musician studied 6 years piano and 7 years trombone and now I am one of the best opera singers baritone in the world singing everywhere
Sung at the Met , Covent-Garden , Paris ,Scala Viena etc
I say this to you because I want you to understand that for me the most important sound is the natural one, I mostly go from orchestra rehearsals directly to headphones testing and try to listen to which one sounds closer to the real orchestra sound

That is why some headphones were from the start out of the question
All Stax are sounding much too electric they have a very far away sound to the real violin or chords in general same with Susvara, I have never ever liked then because even played by Feliks Envy they don’t sound natural the orchestra sounds fuller rounded and warmer in reality

Some cans that do this right are LCD4 or Focal Utopia Abyss

And some like the veiled Sennheiser or Elite are going in the other direction

I made this introduction just to explain that I have never ever heard a better headphone sound then Charybdis paired with the amp in the image I put here !
Never ever the sound was so big and realistic , it was like I had a Real Concert in front of me
Just incredible and I listened to shangri la or Orpheus and all the great names lots and lots of times

The Charybdis are fabulous headphones in my opinion in their own league because of the huge soundstage and I mean by this in some songs or for example Zimmer’s Dune 2 soundtrack the instrumental separation almost give the sensation of binaural recording
The detail and resolution is almost on pair with Susvara but as I said much more natural sounding.
They have a wonderful frequency balance bass is excellent mids and heights the same

They are easy to pair as they work already great with dongles like Btr7 or Ru7 of course depleting the battery fast
And they already shine with a Hugo 2 or M17 Fiio

They are incredible with Cayin amps also as a dap cayin n8ii sounds fabulous with them

The comfort is better then Audeze headphones in general but of course not even close to Elite or Utopia
Nevertheless I have no problem wearing them for long periods of time which I could never do with lcd4

May the force be with all of you and your music and cans shine!

George Petean

May 15, 2024 at 8:31 AM Post #259 of 264
I don’t agree with you,
I have them since a few days, listened to them with amazing amps and at home I have the SP3K the fiii m17 the cayin dongle ru7 the small Enleum amp etc
These cans sound great with everything they can sound incredible with fantastic amps but they sound already fabulous with Fiio m17 , for once I prefer the m17 to my SP3K which has too much detail and resolution for them but then when I use it as a dac into my Enleum amp the sound is a marvel

Nevertheless my opinion is that they are really easy to drive..
Easier to drive than my OG Meze Emp.

May 15, 2024 at 2:58 PM Post #260 of 264
I find the charybdis about the easiest to drive HP I have owned

May 15, 2024 at 5:10 PM Post #262 of 264
yes, they sound great out of my chord dave and great out of my feliks envy but have to be on low gain and really dial back the volume on the dave quite a bit

May 16, 2024 at 4:29 PM Post #263 of 264
Is there a way to get the "black edition" rather than the normal silver finish ? The black looks so much better....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back