DIY Ground Box Thread
May 25, 2024 at 5:52 PM Post #1,711 of 1,716
Are you thinking of using the crystals as the filter material like a ground box?
Yes, sort of

i wanna try it as
1. "orgonite" (so, not connected just placed somewhere in the same room where you are listening)
2. placed on top of speakers (and i read some recommendation to put the crystals where room modes are the loudest, i still have to try this)
3. as "grounding box", placed ideally on top of a device and connected to some gnd point

but can i ask you with which non-piezoelectric crystals you have played around with?

specially interested in stuff that still has some "propertys" like magnetite or flourite

in these big entreq boxes there also must be some "filler" stones imo

May 25, 2024 at 7:19 PM Post #1,712 of 1,716
Yes, sort of

i wanna try it as
1. "orgonite" (so, not connected just placed somewhere in the same room where you are listening)
2. placed on top of speakers (and i read some recommendation to put the crystals where room modes are the loudest, i still have to try this)
3. as "grounding box", placed ideally on top of a device and connected to some gnd point

but can i ask you with which non-piezoelectric crystals you have played around with?

specially interested in stuff that still has some "propertys" like magnetite or flourite

in these big entreq boxes there also must be some "filler" stones imo
Only tried piezoelectric, ferroelectric and cannot remember what the other is called. Crystals from my experiments do not filter. They have a resonating frequency. when agitated (even micro vibration) their resonating frequency is transferred to whatever they are in contact with. This is what I have observed so far.

I highly doubt they can do for a system what a ground box does. The ground box absorbs or removes HF noise from an electrical stage of a component. So what I am saying is crystals can be effective for tonal tuning, not HF noise removal. Now it is possible certain crystals absorb or redirect EMI. But to my ears not enough to be used as noise absorbing material without causing bad side effects. But only after exhaustive testing can I be 100% sure of this theory.

May 26, 2024 at 12:54 AM Post #1,713 of 1,716
@rickmcinnis

How is the Nano Liquid and AC home wiring treatment with Rochelle salt coming along? What I am asking is what else have you treated and how is your system sonically changing? This will be possibly instructional or helpful for others that have not tried either.

May 27, 2024 at 7:28 PM Post #1,714 of 1,716
Hello, I'm new here but I'm reading this from the beginning. Very interesting project! I ordered many materials to try it for myself.
In the past I experimented with crystals and minerals on top of audio gear. Also with the so called Ground-Control mod.
One example: https://6moons.com/audioreviews/groundcontrol/groundcontrol_2.html
This tweak also takes away some electronic garbage out of the sound.
Happy tweaking!

May 27, 2024 at 8:13 PM Post #1,715 of 1,716
Hello, I'm new here but I'm reading this from the beginning. Very interesting project! I ordered many materials to try it for myself.
In the past I experimented with crystals and minerals on top of audio gear. Also with the so called Ground-Control mod.
One example: https://6moons.com/audioreviews/groundcontrol/groundcontrol_2.html
This tweak also takes away some electronic garbage out of the sound.
Happy tweaking!
Welcome to the thread. The ground tweak you reference I/we use to DIY. The project is in AA in the tweaks section probably 10 years ago. What you will find in this thread (aside crystals) is far more effective in lowering the noise floor than the ground control tweak. Have fun and let us know how it goes for you.

May 27, 2024 at 9:20 PM Post #1,716 of 1,716
Welcome to the thread. The ground tweak you reference I/we use to DIY. The project is in AA in the tweaks section probably 10 years ago. What you will find in this thread (aside crystals) is far more effective in lowering the noise floor than the ground control tweak. Have fun and let us know how it goes for you.
Thanks! I will report.
BTW, when the input/output parallel resistors are changed from metal types to carbon or wire it also seems to lower the noise floor despite that it sounds a bit fuller and smoother with carbon film.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back