Different perceptions on different days?
May 25, 2024 at 6:05 PM Post #46 of 47
the thing with this stuff is either you listen for yourself and see whether it makes a meaningful difference longterm or you dont and fool yourself around with blind tests apparently
i agree on that A/B testing is definitely important but to say " oh everything not passing the blind test is bs " and to bs on your longterm expierence is just fooling yourself on another level

after testing 7-8 dacs now.... there is simply no way someone could tell me they all sound the same, its BS and only BS and yet each dac had its own distinct character, you guys are fooling yourself, sorry to say.... and i know you think the same about me but whatever..

I get your point, I genuinely do, but the above makes no rational sense, it really doesn’t.

Couldn’t the “flavour” you perceive even over the long term with a different DAC for example be completely imagined because you are listening for differences and expecting differences or certain characteristics in the sound ?

The only honest answer is yes it could be completely imaginary yet you choose to believe that what you perceive is real despite that you almost certainly could not pass a blind test to differentiate the flavour of the DACs that you are so adamant exists.

I sometimes think I can hear some lovely synergy between gear or something special added by a different amplifier or even a different cable but when I swap to something else I realise that what magic I thought I was experiencing was just the music, transducers and competent electronics in between, no flavour and no synergy.

I am not intending to be critical, just offering a difference of opinion. You feel free to do things your way by all means but saying you hear differences from a pile if crystals in sighted testing won’t hold water with anyone with a more critical mindset when there is a solid psychological reason why your testing is invalid.

May 25, 2024 at 9:54 PM Post #47 of 47
I don’t think just his perceptions are faulty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back