Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
May 15, 2024 at 7:07 AM Post #7,411 of 7,414
I found the dekoni pads more comfortable because they are softer and more "squishy" but I didn't like them soundwise with the TC.

Overall the beautiful audio headband reduced clamp force (because you have to go down 1-2 clicks which reduces the pressure) and added enough comfort so that i am now very happy with it.

May 15, 2024 at 7:16 AM Post #7,412 of 7,414
I haven’t tried the Dekonis either, but I did switch from the generated V1 pads to the vegan suede, and they are considerably more plush, which makes for a more comfortable wear (especially with eyeglasses). The Diana’s are now the most “transparent” headphone I own, in the sense that I forget I’m wearing them after awhile.

May 15, 2024 at 11:49 AM Post #7,413 of 7,414
I haven’t tried the Dekonis either, but I did switch from the generated V1 pads to the vegan suede, and they are considerably more plush, which makes for a more comfortable wear (especially with eyeglasses). The Diana’s are now the most “transparent” headphone I own, in the sense that I forget I’m wearing them after awhile.

That sounds good! The v1 for me was getting close there but was just too small for me. Considering the v3 bass ported pads are more considerably more plush, I think it'll be fine for me.

I guess I could also get some headband cushion just to add some more height, as I have the OG Diana chassis.

May 15, 2024 at 2:44 PM Post #7,414 of 7,414
I’m sort of intrigued by the DZ this time around.

As a previous owner of V2 and Phi; I initially enjoyed them until I didn’t.

Was disappointed when my (non-audiophile) friend and ultimately I opined that the Arya Stealth blows em away.

If DZ is any notable improvement in sound stage, mid range and sub bass impact (which people claim the TC is) then I may actually look forward to purchasing another Diana…. used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back