Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Jun 8, 2024 at 4:02 PM Post #6,016 of 6,030
I also max out the size of Focals (have Bathys; have had Utopia and Stellia) and Susvara. I do not have any size issue with DCA Stealth or Expanse. Ear cups fit and the suspension headband does not pull itself up. They are very comfortable.
Thanks, I was worried that it won't fit like the meze 99.

Jun 8, 2024 at 4:05 PM Post #6,017 of 6,030
These sound thin, if you break the seal. I had a forum member saying that he could only get the seal after pressing headphones to his head. Also glasses can break that seal. For my head these happen to fit perfectly.

As for soundstage being boxed, I don't hear it, and I have Elites. It is wide to my ears.
I wear glasses so I have to break the seal, will the DCA E3 work better than the stealth since it comes with a bass port anyway and the stealth is sealed off?

Jun 8, 2024 at 4:19 PM Post #6,018 of 6,030
The Stealth fits me fine but then again, I probably have a slightly smaller head than most. The good thing is that I can move them around until I get the best seal and optimal location so as to maximize the bass.

Jun 8, 2024 at 6:33 PM Post #6,019 of 6,030
I wear glasses and have both Stealth and Expanse. It’s all about the placement of the ear cups on your head. For me I get the best sound with my ears lower in the cups closer to the back. No loss off bass or dynamics. You have to play with the placement to find what’s right position for your head.

Jun 11, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #6,020 of 6,030
I wear glasses so I have to break the seal, will the DCA E3 work better than the stealth since it comes with a bass port anyway and the stealth is sealed off?

I wear glasses and the seal is only broken if I move my head to the furthest left or right. So none issue, for me at least. Stealth has ports as well.

Jun 11, 2024 at 4:36 PM Post #6,021 of 6,030
Using the Feliks Envy as a pre to the Violectric V280 and the Stealth sounds better than ever! Never heard it sound so full, the bass is the best I've heard it and no longer feel the need to EQ to boost it. Most importantly there has been somewhere in the upper mids or lower treble which has limited my enjoyment of the Stealth since I got it and that's simply gone now! The V280 on it's own is nowhere near as powerful as I'd hoped but using the Envy as a pre has fixed this too. Might be a small sacrifice in some of the extreme clarity the Stealth has but it's worth it to me.

Jun 11, 2024 at 5:45 PM Post #6,022 of 6,030
the envy as an amp alone is so much better than the 280 that is seems rather silly to use it as a preamp...in fact the envy has so much gain that I am kind of surprised you would need to do that....if it works for you god bless

Jun 11, 2024 at 6:38 PM Post #6,023 of 6,030
the envy as an amp alone is so much better than the 280 that is seems rather silly to use it as a preamp...in fact the envy has so much gain that I am kind of surprised you would need to do that....if it works for you god bless
For most other headphones I agree. However with the same tubes used as a pre vs. direct vocals become much more front and center from the 280. Another Envy owner suggested it and I'm glad I gave it a try. Between the greater body, much more bass quantity, and eliminating whatever frequency range that was both annoying me and aggravating my tinnitus I'm very glad I tried it.

Jun 11, 2024 at 7:08 PM Post #6,024 of 6,030
same thing would occur without the 280 in the chain and it would sound better

Jun 11, 2024 at 8:05 PM Post #6,025 of 6,030
same thing would occur without the 280 in the chain and it would sound better
I literally swapped from one amp to the other because they output to pre outs and the XLR jack at the same time. That's the comparison I'm making and the vocals are front and center through the 280 but not on the Envy directly regarless of gain setting. Just as the gain settings on the Envy can have differences in vocal presentation. It's not a subtle difference. Same tracks and I have to concentrate much harder on the vocals directly on any gain setting vs. fed to the 280 where they're front and center and stand out much more.

Jun 11, 2024 at 8:15 PM Post #6,026 of 6,030
good luck

Jun 12, 2024 at 4:45 AM Post #6,029 of 6,030
Jun 13, 2024 at 6:40 PM Post #6,030 of 6,030
@mrspeakers i have a question, i noticed that HP plugs have 4 pins and only 2 og the wires are soldered. Is there any advantage to solder all 4 pins having 4 wires config? Also on headphone side if 4pins are used as well? Its like biwiring possible but not sure. Thanks!
Nope... No wiring on the inside.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back