Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Noire Discussion/Impressions Thread
May 2, 2024 at 5:55 PM Post #991 of 994
Those are the hybrid ones that I’m using. Here is the other set I was referring to

https://dekoniaudio.com/product/elite-sheepskin-for-dan-clark-audio-aeon-headphones/

No loss of bass (actually increases bass) but they aren’t fenestrated anywhere, which was one of the upgrades that made the Noire better than the previous Aeons. I can’t remember what sound quality the fenestrated interior pad improved maybe someone else can chime in on that. Probably make your ears pretty warm/hot. So it’s kind of a trade off. So that’s why I went with the hybrid ones, only small loss of bass, not as hot, and better comfort over long listening periods. Honestly wish Dekoni made pads exactly the same as the ones that DCA sells just with the sheepskin instead of pleather. Probably would have went with that.

May 2, 2024 at 9:22 PM Post #992 of 994
Those are the hybrid ones that I’m using. Here is the other set I was referring to

https://dekoniaudio.com/product/elite-sheepskin-for-dan-clark-audio-aeon-headphones/

No loss of bass (actually increases bass) but they aren’t fenestrated anywhere, which was one of the upgrades that made the Noire better than the previous Aeons. I can’t remember what sound quality the fenestrated interior pad improved maybe someone else can chime in on that. Probably make your ears pretty warm/hot. So it’s kind of a trade off. So that’s why I went with the hybrid ones, only small loss of bass, not as hot, and better comfort over long listening periods. Honestly wish Dekoni made pads exactly the same as the ones that DCA sells just with the sheepskin instead of pleather. Probably would have went with that.

Well if I get one of them I'm gonna wait for Dekoni to get more HD600 fenestrated sheepskin in stock. That way I can buy them together. Makes it more worthwhile when paying for shipping and customs and such.

May 7, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #993 of 994
Generally, when an imbalance occurs, it's the driver assembly, not the connectors or cabling. We did see a higher percentage of failures for a month that were due to manufacturing of a component that was in spec but had a secondary issue that is now being inspected and tested for with greater care. Sorry about the fact a few folk had repeat problems, that's usually very rare for us and shouldn't happen.
Hi,

1. Can you specify the production dates or batch numbers for the headphones affected mainly by the driver imbalance issues? I own a Dan Clark Noire 2 bought a year ago and want to check if they fall into this category.

2. What are the typical symptoms or signs of the driver imbalance issue that were observed? How can a regular user like me detect such problems without sophisticated equipment?

3. If someone discovers they have a headphone from an affected batch, what are the steps for getting it inspected or repaired? What support does Dan Clark Audio offer in such cases?

May 9, 2024 at 3:31 AM Post #994 of 994
Replacement Noire should be coming in today. Fingers crossed that this is truly the end of all the issues I’ve been having…
It’s now close to a year since I’ve first bought them.

EDIT: Spent the whole day listening to music with them. Every single time I am just in awe with how great they sound and how comfortable they are.
Put on the Noires just now to listen to some music and guess what happened? Yep, the same exact issue as the last couple of times before. I've been using them almost daily since receiving them and there were absolutely zero issues. I wasn't mistreating them in any way. They were literally fine just the previous night. I'll troubleshoot everything again but at this point I'm just about done with it all. It's barely been 2 weeks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back