Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
May 24, 2024 at 11:35 AM Post #10,846 of 10,858
Right, but does this happen across all apps or just your music player?

The thing that makes a difference for me is the order in which I connect and power things on. Try powering on the Mojo 2 first, then connect the USB cable.
I power on the Mojo with USB always connected when using with PC and never had any white noise issues so far. I think the issue is also depended on the source (meaning PC). Most likely the USB connection drops momentarily and then causes some issues. I think it was posted about in this thread.

May 24, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #10,847 of 10,858
I power on the Mojo with USB always connected when using with PC and never had any white noise issues so far. I think the issue is also depended on the source (meaning PC). Most likely the USB connection drops momentarily and then causes some issues. I think it was posted about in this thread.
I was offering a possible solution, not an explanation. It's a very easy workaround that does the trick for me.

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 2:17 PM Post #10,848 of 10,858
I love the mojo sound. Is it the amp section that makes it so enticing? Because I'm looking for more power. What can I pair the mojo2 with? At the moment I can 3.5 from the mojo to the K7 with RCA, or as I have a loxjie p20 (cheap budget I know) will it be a good chain? I don't have the cable to do it or is the mojo2 not worth going through the loxjie

May 24, 2024 at 3:05 PM Post #10,849 of 10,858
I love the mojo sound. Is it the amp section that makes it so enticing? Because I'm looking for more power. What can I pair the mojo2 with? At the moment I can 3.5 from the mojo to the K7 with RCA, or as I have a loxjie p20 (cheap budget I know) will it be a good chain? I don't have the cable to do it or is the mojo2 not worth going through the loxjie
I heard Mass Kobo 433/475 is a good match.

May 24, 2024 at 3:18 PM Post #10,850 of 10,858
Ime, it's more a matter of the connected transducer, than the amp.
If you've the right and proper connection, it should work well with any amp connected. :wink:

Edit:
Make sure to use the right output voltage from Mojo to your preferred amp.
Than you're good to go.

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 3:53 PM Post #10,851 of 10,858
AFAIK the Mojo 2 doesn't have much of an amp stage to speak of. Most of what you hear is the DAC. Just find something uncolored with as much power as you need, and you're set.

If you've the right and proper connection, it should work well with any amp connected. :wink:

Edit:
Than you're good to go.
Also, this. Lowest distortion from Mojo 2 is at a relatively high output voltage for a single-ended output (3V-4.3V). Double check the input voltage sensitivity for your chosen amp's RCA inputs.

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 4:39 PM Post #10,852 of 10,858
Comparisons from the SR3 and hd700 from mojo 2 I can write up if people are interested. There are major differences, both are pleasing, but in completely different ways

May 24, 2024 at 4:40 PM Post #10,853 of 10,858

Edit:
Than you're good to go.
Indigo, closest to 2v

May 24, 2024 at 5:48 PM Post #10,854 of 10,858
Indigo, closest to 2v
That's the standard for se, yes.
But it isn't set in stone with the Mojo.
It's more like a general recommendation, imo.

Trust your ears the most and be eager to experiment. :)
Depends on the gain of the connected amp as well.

For example, my R28 likes the blue setting also.
Some amps can handle "hotter" inputs quite well, while others seems to struggle with.

May 24, 2024 at 6:27 PM Post #10,855 of 10,858
Indigo, closest to 2v
There's a Rob Watts post around this thread somewhere saying 3V to start, then adjust down to 2V if it doesn't sound right (OG Mojo's desktop mode was 3V also). Golden Sound's and Amir's measurements both also show the least distortion in the 3V-4.3V range. But the difference to THD is minimal (~6dB less dynamic range at 2V).

EDIT: Rob Watts' post responding to a poster asking about 2V (Blue) vs 3V (Indigo).

Last edited:
May 26, 2024 at 11:30 AM Post #10,857 of 10,858
Have the Mojo 2 feeding into both my Violectric V202, and Xduoo TA-26 - and both are beautiful to my ears (TA-26 for my ZMFs, Violectric for the LCD-XC).

May 28, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #10,858 of 10,858
Thank you very much, as I have a Hifiman HE1000se my headphones should clearly discover the differences and shine. Have you tried M2 with M scaler? Not worth as first upgrade? Or TT2 first?
I thought I would try Mojo 2 with the M-Scaler. I don't have the right cable so I've never done it. I think what really put me off trying it, was the fact I may then need to upgrade my Grado's if the M-Scaled Mojo 2 sounded closer to the TT2. My wallet can't sustain that abuse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back