Cayin N7: A Voyager of Unexplored Frontier
May 26, 2024 at 1:57 AM Post #1,876 of 1,888
Hey,

Are there any N7 promotions and discounts? I am buying it and have found excellent prices for used units, but if there are good discounts available I will better get a new one.

Thanks!

May 26, 2024 at 8:50 PM Post #1,877 of 1,888
May 27, 2024 at 3:31 AM Post #1,878 of 1,888
Hey,

Are there any N7 promotions and discounts? I am buying it and have found excellent prices for used units, but if there are good discounts available I will better get a new one.

Thanks!
Hey,
With the arrival of the L&P E7 and the Cayin N3 Ultra I am planning to sell my N7.
If you are interested please DM.
Oliver

May 27, 2024 at 3:56 AM Post #1,879 of 1,888
Hey,
With the arrival of the L&P E7 and the Cayin N3 Ultra I am planning to sell my N7.
If you are interested please DM.
Oliver
Hey Oliver,

Thank you! The guys at Cayin already worked out a great offer for me. Their personalized, kind and friendly support is amazing , definitely a benchmark for many other companies.

Thanks again!

May 27, 2024 at 4:05 AM Post #1,880 of 1,888
Hello, i try to Found the perfect Amp match for the N7, looking a pure amp full analo, i've already try the tsuranagi and it's just perfect but do you know other piece ?

May 27, 2024 at 4:32 AM Post #1,881 of 1,888
Hey,

Please advise on 3 questions regarding N7:

1. Are there any transparent cases for the N7 (TPU/silicone kind or similar) ?

2. Does Poweramp work on it already?

3. Does using the system-wide PEQ trigger any additional audio conversion or scaling?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
May 27, 2024 at 4:58 AM Post #1,883 of 1,888
Hey Oliver,

Thank you! The guys at Cayin already worked out a great offer for me. Their personalized, kind and friendly support is amazing , definitely a benchmark for many other companies.

Thanks again!
That is grest to hear ! You will enjoy the N7 am sure. All the best !

May 27, 2024 at 5:22 AM Post #1,884 of 1,888
Wpuld you say there is an actually noticeable difference between N7 sound and the ru7 dac?
Yes, the difference is truly notable in some areas, including the dimensions of the stage, the stratification, the depth, the details are much more evident also due to the greater and evident separation between the instrument and the air between them. overall it appears to be more refined in timbre, even if they are quite similar... it's really on several successive levels.. obviously it's much bulkier, if you're looking for portability it's totally another thing to take into consideration..

Last edited:
May 27, 2024 at 9:28 AM Post #1,885 of 1,888
After an aeon passed...:
Not all 100-watt amplifiers are equal.
Likewise, not all 16-bit, 44.1kHz soundtracks are of the same quality.

DXD format is probably the most popular audio format during the mastering process. This format is essentially PCM in 24Bit/352.8 kHz, it was originally developed to handle DSD/SACD mastering, but it become very popular among studios and record labels, especially when they need to support multiple release format (16 Bit /44.1kHz for CD and streaming, 1 Bit/2.822MHz for DSD, 24Bit/176.4kHz for Hi-Res streaming, ....).
My bad, you're right, there are different formats out there.
What I meant should have been:

"Well, music is supposed to be recorded using high res PCM wat above 96kHz sampling / DSD/DXD (I hope I'm correct because I'm not really familiar with formats and processes). We're just getting something smaller (and more practical in my opinion), unless you go for studio files. Which in the end will sound the same (to me) whether be it in 44.1, 96, 358 etc... as long as the initial master is the same"

Last edited:
May 27, 2024 at 10:06 AM Post #1,886 of 1,888
I have a great sadness: my N7 is dead. 3.5 and left channel of 4.4 failed. The saddest thing is that I only used the device once a week for 2 hours...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back