Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
May 1, 2024 at 4:33 PM Post #8,192 of 8,202
May I know anyone have same issue for Tidal playback?

There was an unexpected error. Try again later.
(-1:3:4003)

Just found this error on Cayin N6II, just found the same error for playing some Max quality songs :rolling_eyes: (Not all songs but seems some 24/48 or higher will trigger this error)
I can sure that's Tidal problem as those song played well before I update it :sweat:
Both my ROG Phone 7 and N6II running the same version of Tidal : 2.110.0.1180.15 and ROG Phone playing those song without any problem

May 13, 2024 at 2:21 AM Post #8,194 of 8,202
Are there any workaround for apple music & tidal?

I have been a long time apple music user and soon I realize I use it on n6ii anymore, I sign up free trial for tidal and get the same error as ReikaC’s.
For Tidal you could install USB Audio Player Pro and add your account info into the Tidal streaming section. Offline playback isn't available but it should stream OK. Perhaps try before you buy as I don't use Tidal with UAPP so I have no idea if it will actually work.

Apple Music, nope that one is a non-starter unless Apple make changes, unlikely I suspect.

May 14, 2024 at 5:32 AM Post #8,195 of 8,202
For Tidal you could install USB Audio Player Pro and add your account info into the Tidal streaming section. Offline playback isn't available but it should stream OK. Perhaps try before you buy as I don't use Tidal with UAPP so I have no idea if it will actually work.

Apple Music, nope that one is a non-starter unless Apple make changes, unlikely I suspect.
Thanks a lot! I will have a try with USB audio player pro👍🏻

May 25, 2024 at 9:10 AM Post #8,198 of 8,202
Hi,

Would really appreciate some advice, thanks!

I am looking for a Cayin dap with really wide sound stage, emphasized bass and "analogue" feel to the notes (less sharp). If other options match better can look into them too.

Where I currently live there is no way to try before buying.

To be used with various iems but mostly Thieaudio Monarch MkIII.

Thanks a lot!

May 25, 2024 at 1:07 PM Post #8,199 of 8,202
Hi,

I am looking for a Cayin dap with really wide sound stage, emphasized bass and "analogue" feel to the notes (less sharp). If other options match better can look into them too.

Thanks a lot!
I think you may need to take a further step into Cayin’s line-up. Consider the C9 portable amp. It is a pure amp (no DAC stage) and ‘amps up’ whatever you feed it. It has a bypass circuit (called pre) that allows the signal of whatever you feed it (like N6Mk2 output) to control the volume/ signal quality. I found it transformative to IEM listening (including for the Monarch Mk 2 which I also have)- however, it’s not going to elevate a set that doesn’t already have strong staging, bass or analogue ‘smoothness’- it’s fairly neutral:reference that way. But there are 2 siolid state modes (Class A and AB) and the option to add Korg Nu-tubes (which add some of the analogue-y character you are looking for especially in Class A). Note it does not ‘add to’ the soundstage like full on tube amps or preamps do- I think for that you maybe need to go in for a desktop tube amp- and Cayin has some EXCELLENT ones.

Here is the link to the C9 thread. Do attend well to page 1 of you think you might go that route, there is important safety information there.

Last edited:
May 25, 2024 at 1:14 PM Post #8,200 of 8,202
I think you may need to take a further step into Cayin’s line-up. Consider the C9 portable amp. It is a pure amp (no DAC stage) and ‘amps up’ whatever you feed it. It has a bypass circuit (called pre) that allows the signal of whatever you feed it (like N6Mk2 output) to control the volume/ signal quality. I found it transformative to IEM listening (including for the Monarch Mk 2 which I also have)- however, it’s not going to elevate a set that doesn’t already have strong staging, bass or analogue ‘smoothness’- it’s fairly neutral:reference that way. But there are 2 siolid state modes (Class A and AB) and the option to add Korg Nu-tubes (which add some of the analogue-y character you are looking for especially in Class A). Note it does not ‘add to’ the soundstage like full on tube amps or preamps do- I think for that you maybe need to go in for a desktop tube amp- and Cayin has some EXCELLENT ones.

Here is the link to the C9 thread. Do attend well to page 1 of you think you might go that route, there is important safety information there.
Thanks for your advice! I know the C9 is an excellent amp. I have to use a single device as it would regularly be used on the go placed in my shorts' pocket, not even a jacket to accommodate two pieces as it's quite hot where I live.

Last edited:
May 25, 2024 at 3:34 PM Post #8,201 of 8,202
Hi,

Thanks a lot!
Solved with kind help of forum members. It will be the Cayin N7. Question closed.

May 28, 2024 at 9:43 AM Post #8,202 of 8,202
The Cayin music app on my N6ii stopped responding recently and now I use the HiBy app to play music. I have run into a problem that I can't figure out how to solve and I'm hoping someone here can help me out. Whenever I want to delete a track from the player, I get a message that says: "select sd card directory & authorize HiBy music to operate file". Try as I might, I can't find anywhere to do that. It will temporarily appear to delete the track, but it comes back so it never does get removed permanently. I didn't have this problem when I used the Cayin music app and was able to delete tracks directly from the player but now I can't do that.

I would sincerely appreciate it if someone can enlighten me as to how I can permanently delete a track from the HiBy music app directly from the player. Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back