Audiobyte Hydra Stack: Hydra.Vox + Hydra.Hub + Hydra Zap
May 15, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #916 of 916
Thanks for reply and I communicated with Sebastian from Audiobyte; he sent me the new firmware and advised to move the dip switches(I think you might have mentioned that early on in this thread). So all is working now and indeed I2S sounds best for me.
Dacs I had from memory apart from Chord were Metrum Hex, Pavane, PSAudio Perfect Wave, Gustard 26Pro, Lampizator, Wyred4Sound and a few others I can’t remember anymore.
Really enjoy the Vox and I like the density without losing resolution. Actually I like the integrated amp despite having the mini and Violectric V550. Just now I compared the Vox to the Arche with the Utopia and the former is the clear winner.
Of course I am tempted to try the Rockna now!
You should definitely try the Cayin HA-3A. Even with the stock tubes it sounds great. Now I’m using some inexpensive NOS tubes that made it much more enjoyable, almost to the level of my 300b speaker amp with the really good tubes.
My only headphone is HE1000SE, but HA-3A can drive almost any but the most hard to drive.
Recently I read the post on HA-3A thread from user who immediately sold GSX mini after purchasing HA-3A.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back