Audio-gd DI24/DI24HE
May 26, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #541 of 549
I am holding off changing from Windows to Linux Amanero incase I mess things up. I have only upgraded the firmware using the Altera Blaster and the Altera programming software which was a success. Not sure on how to go about changing the software from Windows to Linux as I do not think the Altera Blaster that plugs in the back of the DI-24HE is used?
Also where is the Amanero Linux available to download as on the Amanero website there are a few of them?
Also if I did change to Linux would that mean I would not beable to update any future FPGA firmware as it will not connect to windows PC using Blaster after the change to Linux.
You can boot Windows from a separate partition. Or just keep a hard drive and install Linux on the new hard drive. Then swapping hard drives is a safe method. Other than that:

- You don't use Blaster for flashing Amanero firmware. Only for flashing motherboard firmware. Follow a flashing procedure which involves erasing current one in the first step.

- There are only two Amanero firmware packages on the Audio GD website. Optimised for Windows and for Linux.

- on Windows after flashing new firmware, you need to install different drivers for this firmware. If you want a native DSD transfers.

May 26, 2024 at 6:50 PM Post #542 of 549
You can boot Windows from a separate partition. Or just keep a hard drive and install Linux on the new hard drive. Then swapping hard drives is a safe method. Other than that:

- You don't use Blaster for flashing Amanero firmware. Only for flashing motherboard firmware. Follow a flashing procedure which involves erasing current one in the first step.

- There are only two Amanero firmware packages on the Audio GD website. Optimised for Windows and for Linux.

- on Windows after flashing new firmware, you need to install different drivers for this firmware. If you want a native DSD transfers.
This was just taken from the Audio-gd website.

(With official license.
Since 2024 April 25th. all products built in Linux/ Win optimize firmware , support up to 384KHz and DSD512 native mode in Linux and Windows .)

So is this saying I do not need to change to Linux if I update to the latest Amanero combo384 Windows version as of April 25th 2024 to get DSD512?

Last edited:
May 26, 2024 at 7:11 PM Post #543 of 549
So is this saying I do not need to change to Linux if I update to the latest Amanero combo384 Windows version as of April 25th 2024 to get DSD512?
:)
Not. Use it with Windows or Linux as you like. Just with Windows load a different driver than you use now.

May 26, 2024 at 7:20 PM Post #544 of 549
:)
Not. Use it with Windows or Linux as you like. Just with Windows load a different driver than you use now.
Do I use this one which is on the Audio-gd website. combo384_drivers_w10_1067

May 26, 2024 at 7:39 PM Post #545 of 549
Last edited:
May 27, 2024 at 3:22 AM Post #546 of 549
Something has changed. Did you buy DI-24HE before 25th April?

EDIT: I keep a link to the old page, that provide links to the two different drivers for Windows, but can't advise any further, just for a reference:

http://audio-gd.com/Firmware/AmaneroforLinuxEN.html
Yes I got my DI-24HE when they first came out so way before 25th April.
But I would assume that version driver 1067 is already installed on my DI-24HE from factory as that driver has been available since 2022.

Last edited:
May 27, 2024 at 8:36 AM Post #547 of 549
Yes I got my DI-24HE when they first came out so way before 25th April.
But I would assume that version driver 1067 is already installed on my DI-24HE from factory as that driver has been available since 2022.
Problem is, we have been using driver 1067 for years with a standard firmware CPLD_for_1080. See a yellow marks on a screenshot. There is a note on the bottom that links to the same 1067 driver which hasn't been updated.

This driver do not enable DSD512 on Windows!
If Audio GD started to supply equipment with a firmware CPLD_1081_SWAPPEDSD they should provide link to the setupuac2.exe driver (see a green mark) or a renamed version "optimised for Linux", but this link had been removed from the main page.

I think you can procede with flashing according to the old link I posted above.

There are two components of DSD512 firmware in the same package:
- For CPLD: CPLD_1081_SWAPPEDSD
- For CPU: firmware_2006be11
You will see two steps during flashing, CPLD first, CPU next. Both must be completed.

After that you can install associated Windows driver (either marked green from Amanero website or "optimised for Linux" from the old agd link).
Screenshot_20240527_143428.jpg

Last edited:
May 28, 2024 at 9:46 AM Post #548 of 549
That did the trick @sajunky I am now getting DSD256 and DSD512 thanks for your input.

Last edited:
May 28, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #549 of 549
How do I update the windows driver setupuac2 on the DI-24HE I have updated the Firmware CPLD and CPU.
I assume you have already cycled power of DI-24HE. If not, do it now.

1. Unplug DI-24HE USB cable.
2. On Windows go to the Control Panel (not a Device Manager) and uninstall the existing Amanero driver.
3. Run setupuac2.exe file and follow prompts. There are two parts: for a Windows interface, after a small delay followed by the ASIO driver installation.
4. Reconnect DI-24HE USB cable. Verify that driver is installed in the Device Manager, there is no yellow or red mark next to a driver.

5. Run HQPlayer, go to the options, select Amanero ASIO interface and in DSD section select a 'native' option.

Now have fun. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back