Audeze SINE Series
Aug 17, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #4,711 of 4,785
So I had to search a bit to get suggestions from several Sine (closed-back) owners with the 3D-printed over-ear holder rings to get some ATH-MSR7 ear pads with at least 20mm depth for outer ear space and I was lucky enough to find some lambskin leather ear pads that fit the bill rather nicely for $10 USD plus shipping:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2255800163120028.html

Now my sines fit great with my monitor blue-light-blocking glasses and the bass is nicely sealed, all without the ear pads cracking from the fit. :wink:

Aug 29, 2022 at 6:26 PM Post #4,712 of 4,785
Mine are available in the classified section. They are like new.

Sep 17, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #4,713 of 4,785
Been switching between the Sine and the M565C over the last few months and testing various pads with the M565C. In the end I think I'm going to stick to the Sine with large leathers pads as they seem to have more dynamics, more punch and a more vibrant timbre. I must say they are very close but damn the Sine is such a nice headphone, I'm always coming back to it. Still looking for the next upgrade.

Sep 17, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #4,714 of 4,785
Been switching between the Sine and the M565C over the last few months and testing various pads with the M565C. In the end I think I'm going to stick to the Sine with large leathers pads as they seem to have more dynamics, more punch and a more vibrant timbre. I must say they are very close but damn the Sine is such a nice headphone, I'm always coming back to it. Still looking for the next upgrade.
Try the DCA Aeon Noire. I’ve currently got them both and I’m selling the SINE because of the Noire. The Noire is about the same in dynamics but more compact as it folds up nicely. Timbre on both is about par but the Noire has better technicalities. Bass on the SINE is also about on par but the Noire is slightly leaner. But we’re nitpicking at this point.

I will give the SINE credit though. To compete with a headphone twice it’s price is pretty amazing. Gun to my head I’d chose the Noire.

Sep 18, 2022 at 8:56 AM Post #4,715 of 4,785
Try the DCA Aeon Noire. I’ve currently got them both and I’m selling the SINE because of the Noire. The Noire is about the same in dynamics but more compact as it folds up nicely. Timbre on both is about par but the Noire has better technicalities. Bass on the SINE is also about on par but the Noire is slightly leaner. But we’re nitpicking at this point.

I will give the SINE credit though. To compete with a headphone twice it’s price is pretty amazing. Gun to my head I’d chose the Noire.
Yeah I've always wanted to try the Dan Clarks but was a bit put off by the comments about their dynamics. I should try to find a used one. Thanks for the suggestion.
PS: which pads did you try on the Sine?

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #4,716 of 4,785
Yeah I've always wanted to try the Dan Clarks but was a bit put off by the comments about their dynamics. I should try to find a used one. Thanks for the suggestion.
PS: which pads did you try on the Sine?
Vesper Lambskin

Sep 18, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #4,717 of 4,785
So I had to search a bit to get suggestions from several Sine (closed-back) owners with the 3D-printed over-ear holder rings to get some ATH-MSR7 ear pads with at least 20mm depth for outer ear space and I was lucky enough to find some lambskin leather ear pads that fit the bill rather nicely for $10 USD plus shipping:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2255800163120028.html

Now my sines fit great with my monitor blue-light-blocking glasses and the bass is nicely sealed, all without the ear pads cracking from the fit. :wink:
Where do you get those plastic extensions that allow the use of bigger pads?

Sep 19, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #4,718 of 4,785
For those looking to upgrade to Vesper pads please do so with the knowledge that it's a VERY long process to get them. I've been waiting since August 5th and paid quite a bit extra for the 2 week processing to have them made. Vesper ships them on the slowest service possible so they've been in transit for over 5 weeks with no answer of how much longer it'll take.

I've since moved on from the SINE as I got tired and annoyed in the waiting process so I'll be listing the pads for sale when I eventually receive them.

Sep 21, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #4,719 of 4,785
My want to buy is back up so if anyone has a unit with no driver flex i'm interested. I just received the Vesper Pads and now i'm intrigued to buy a pair of SINE's again to test the pads out.

Sep 30, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #4,720 of 4,785
Just got some aftermarket Sennheiser Momentum earpads for the Sine. They seem too small to be attached properly and the pleather material is trash if you care about timbre, but the result of the angled design itself is interesting. They are just thin enough (2 cm) to protect dynamics (3 cm is usually where things go wrong with my other pads), but the thicker side really helps with bass impact compared to my standard 2 cm thick pads. I can't find any similar design in a slightly bigger format though. Maybe time to try the Vesper.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2022 at 7:18 PM Post #4,721 of 4,785
Bought another unit to test with the Vesper Lambskins and I'll be keeping the SINE. They sound incredible with the Vesper pads and punch WAAAYYY above their price bracket.

In a weird occurrence I now have an extra unit as the person that I sold them to on eBay was from Poland and the SINE was denied at customs clearance.

If anyone is looking I have a full set with Cipher.

Oct 3, 2022 at 11:53 PM Post #4,722 of 4,785
Bought another unit to test with the Vesper Lambskins and I'll be keeping the SINE. They sound incredible with the Vesper pads and punch WAAAYYY above their price bracket.

In a weird occurrence I now have an extra unit as the person that I sold them to on eBay was from Poland and the SINE was denied at customs clearance.

If anyone is looking I have a full set with Cipher.
Great! Which specific Vesper pads did you get? I see multiple options on their website

Oct 4, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #4,723 of 4,785
Great! Which specific Vesper pads did you get? I see multiple options on their website
Here is my exact order from Vesper.

Audeze SINE: Over-Ear - black real whole grain leather+memory foam

I just sold my second unit so now I just have one. It's in perfect condition with no driver flex and I'm beyond happy with them.

My pairing was with the iFi Gryphon in 4.4mm with XBass II on. I'm using the Meze Silver cable with them and it sounds lovely and looks/feels great.

I'll take some photos when I have time tomorrow morning so you can see how the Vesper's look on the SINE.

Oct 5, 2022 at 8:40 AM Post #4,724 of 4,785
Here's my SINE configuration. The Vesper Pads fit my ears perfectly and are super comfortable for longer listening sessions. Nice thing about them is you don't need any additional plastic extensions. They are plug and play.

I'm going back and forth with source pairings and so far I really like my iFi Gryphon with XBass II. I also really like the pairing with the original iFi Hip DAC with XBass for electronic and Hip-Hop. The original XBass is almost exclusively focused on sub bass so it gives the SINE a lot more sub bass energy but retains a tonne of detail.

Super fun headphone for the price point.

Attachments

• IMG_4117.jpg
    IMG_4117.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4119.jpg
    IMG_4119.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4118.jpg
    IMG_4118.jpg
    828.1 KB · Views: 0
Oct 5, 2022 at 8:55 PM Post #4,725 of 4,785
Here is my exact order from Vesper.

Audeze SINE: Over-Ear - black real whole grain leather+memory foam

I just sold my second unit so now I just have one. It's in perfect condition with no driver flex and I'm beyond happy with them.

My pairing was with the iFi Gryphon in 4.4mm with XBass II on. I'm using the Meze Silver cable with them and it sounds lovely and looks/feels great.

I'll take some photos when I have time tomorrow morning so you can see how the Vesper's look on the SINE.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back