Arctic Cables Discussion Thread
May 14, 2024 at 7:26 PM Post #916 of 931
Beautiful!! How does it sound?
Full bodied, smooth with a touch of warmth. I usually go for much more expensive cables for my other headphones but I need the cable to match the headphone and not be sleeved as I love the clear look. Took a leap with this Talos v2 as it fit the lcd-5 aesthetic and it's definitely amazing value. Cannot wait to hear how it sounds over time when it fully burns in.

May 15, 2024 at 12:06 AM Post #917 of 931
Full bodied, smooth with a touch of warmth. I usually go for much more expensive cables for my other headphones but I need the cable to match the headphone and not be sleeved as I love the clear look. Took a leap with this Talos v2 as it fit the lcd-5 aesthetic and it's definitely amazing value. Cannot wait to hear how it sounds over time when it fully burns in.
Nice! What other cables do you have if you don’t mind me asking?

May 15, 2024 at 12:26 AM Post #918 of 931
Nice! What other cables do you have if you don’t mind me asking?
Not sure if I'm allowed to mention other cable companies in this thread and will delete if it's against the rules but

Currently have

Norne Vykari with all the upgrades (Atrium/VC)
Viking Weave Cables Isa 8 wire with custom splitter (Susvara/Arya organic)
Superconductor (Diana MR) I know its sleeved but I heard it was the best sounding cable for them by far

Might order a Viking Weave Cable Bifrost or Arctic cables Opera/Euphoria for my Susvara in the future after I'm fully finished with my stack.

So far the Talos v2 is amazing, the only criticism I might have is the splitter feels a bit cheap and would love to have super premium splitter options at an extra price.

May 16, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #919 of 931
Not sure if I'm allowed to mention other cable companies in this thread and will delete if it's against the rules but

Currently have

Superconductor (Diana MR) I know its sleeved but I heard it was the best sounding cable for them by far

Might order a Viking Weave Cable Bifrost or Arctic cables Opera/Euphoria for my Susvara in the future after I'm fully finished with my stack.

So far the Talos v2 is amazing, the only criticism I might have is the splitter feels a bit cheap and would love to have super premium splitter options at an extra price.

The Opera is fantastic with the Susvara. I have the Talos v2 and got the Opera. I ended up only using the Opera and then getting the Talos reterminated for the Atrium.

I’ll be getting the Euphoria soon (not sure exactly when, but soon), so I’ll be able to compare that to the Opera.

May 16, 2024 at 1:05 PM Post #920 of 931

Currently have

That’s an awesome collection!

I’ve been eyeing an Opera myself but it’s way out of my price range...so Val very graciously offered to make me a custom 8-wire Argento cable - Argento is the same wire size as Opera - so it will look similar to the Opera! It ended up costing me the double the price of the regular Argento (before a little discount they gave me) but it was something I was able to afford! Can’t wait to receive it - will share pics once I have it!

May 18, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #922 of 931
I am quite happy with the DEFINE . . . :beerchug:

I know the Arctic Cables entry level stuff isn't mentioned much lately, but I too have a Define and Prisma cable recently bought, and both are fantastic and very underrated. You are getting a ton of quality and value at their price points, and they are excellent cables!

May 18, 2024 at 7:59 PM Post #923 of 931
I know the Arctic Cables entry level stuff isn't mentioned much lately, but I too have a Define and Prisma cable recently bought, and both are fantastic and very underrated. You are getting a ton of quality and value at their price points, and they are excellent cables!
Yup! I’ve been using entry level core and core+ series cables for my Focal Clears and DCA Aeon 2 closed for few years now and have been really happy with them!

Attachments

• IMG_5127.jpeg
    IMG_5127.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
May 19, 2024 at 11:09 AM Post #924 of 931

Currently have

Please share any norne v arctic cable comparisons (keeping in mind price/cable material differences in mind)

May 25, 2024 at 9:46 AM Post #925 of 931
Hello all. Because I moved my equipment rack I am now in need of a 10 ft (3 m) headphone cable. I absolutely love my Lavri Grand 8 core silver cables for my HEK Stealth but in the new setup they are too short. I'm thinking about getting either the Vector silver or the Argento hybrid in 3 meters.
Does anyone have any experience comparing these Arctic cables against the Lavri or other cables? Even if one of the Arctic offerings I mentioned are CLOSE in performance to the Lavri, I will make the purchase.

Thanks.

IMG_20240521_184355418_HDR.jpg

May 25, 2024 at 9:24 PM Post #926 of 931
Please share any norne v arctic cable comparisons (keeping in mind price/cable material differences in mind)
So the only arctic cable I currently have is the Arctic talos v2 so it's not really fair at all as the Norne Vykari is more than 3x the price but let me do some comparisons.

Weight:

Big weight difference. The Vykari is significantly and noticeably lighter than the Talos v2

Feel:

The Talos is firmer but its also a larger wire size in an 8 wire braid vs smaller wire size in 12 wire braid (Vykari)

Look:

I posted my Vykari on the Norne thread and it's subjective, but the Talos is probably the best cable for it's price bracket in my opinion.

Sound:

So I put them back to back on my lcd-5 just now and the Vykari sounds like it reaches for that last bit of detail without being too sharp. The Talos is a bit more dark sounding with some added warmth and bass which pairs very well with the lcd-5.

I'm pretty sure Arctic would do very well in the comparisons at comparable price range cables as I don't think it's a very fair comparison currently.

Last edited:
May 27, 2024 at 8:24 AM Post #927 of 931
After emails with Roy, it looks like I'm going the Pallas route for my HEK Stealth and I'm very excited.
Has anyone any experience with Arctic cables and the HEK series? I'm thinking the silver/copper combo will give my the best of both worlds. If it's close to the Lavri (or better, obviously), I'll be thrilled.

May 27, 2024 at 8:50 AM Post #928 of 931
After emails with Roy, it looks like I'm going the Pallas route for my HEK Stealth and I'm very excited.
Has anyone any experience with Arctic cables and the HEK series? I'm thinking the silver/copper combo will give my the best of both worlds. If it's close to the Lavri (or better, obviously), I'll be thrilled.
Can't comment on HEK series, but Pallas is a brilliant cable. I've paired my pair with quite a few headphones - Meze 109, Classics, T5P 2nd, and currently Tago T3-01 - and it's elevated all of them in terms of transparency, clarity, and especially staging (more here on that).

Compared to Lavricables, sorry no contest - you'll grasp the difference immediate when you feel/hear the Pallas.

May 27, 2024 at 9:28 AM Post #929 of 931
Can't comment on HEK series, but Pallas is a brilliant cable. I've paired my pair with quite a few headphones - Meze 109, Classics, T5P 2nd, and currently Tago T3-01 - and it's elevated all of them in terms of transparency, clarity, and especially staging (more here on that).

Compared to Lavricables, sorry no contest - you'll grasp the difference immediate when you feel/hear the Pallas.
"Compared to Lavricables, sorry no contest - you'll grasp the difference immediate when you feel/hear the Pallas."

That's a bold statement bud. Lavri Grand 8 core silver ain't no joke...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back