ZVM Owners: Any problems with your device?
May 11, 2006 at 3:20 AM Post #31 of 47
wow the real pictures of the ZVM look great, they even have pictures of each colour. The white looks amazing, and the light blue and pink look pretty nice too.

thanks for the link

May 11, 2006 at 10:48 PM Post #32 of 47
Cutest. Thing. Ever.

I am so glad I got the pink!! It looks like the total Hello Kitty dap. LOL. Of course, my music library was seriously mixed up, which I hadn't noticed until I tried to organize it - so although I transferred all 1600 tracks to the ZVM last night, I spent all day today (from 9-2) cleaning up the library, re-tagging, re-synching, etc.

But I love it! Used my K81DJ with it to go pick up my son from the bus stop...I got a lot of big grins (like, "Why is she wearing those giant headphones?") but it sounded great and I even picked up a few dB's lyrics I hadn't been too sure about before.

Thanks to everyone for the help!

May 11, 2006 at 11:11 PM Post #33 of 47
that's 2 Vision:M's sold here in 2 days
icon10.gif

congrats on the purchase, and hopefully you enjoy it for years to come.

I guess we shoulda warned you before hand that it sorts by ID3Tags

May 11, 2006 at 11:31 PM Post #34 of 47
No no, I knew it sorted by tags (I had a Sleek last year and assumed it was the same), but it seems that I had loads of tracks whose file names were

01 Track 01.wma

but which had the correct tag info. (These were in subfolders, but on the ZVM everything ended up in one big list, not subfoldered.) So I had to go back and listen to all of these weirdly named files, then rename them all, then re-blah-blah-blah.

Eh, I think you're confused about the 2 sold in 2 days...the other post was from me, trying to buy it from Best Buy. I ended up getting it from Amazon because BB was out of stock (even though they said they had it).

May 20, 2006 at 7:08 AM Post #37 of 47
I've only had my ZVM for a few weeks now but I love it to death. No problems thus far (knock on wood), the FM radio works well, no freezes, had the most recent firmware installed when I opened the package, sound quality is great... I couldn't ask for more really. The only issues have been it being sluggish returning from folders and getting used to the UI/slider. It's great to see some decent competition with Apple!

May 28, 2006 at 11:13 AM Post #39 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by dvallere
No no, I knew it sorted by tags (I had a Sleek last year and assumed it was the same), but it seems that I had loads of tracks whose file names were

01 Track 01.wma

but which had the correct tag info. (These were in subfolders, but on the ZVM everything ended up in one big list, not subfoldered.) So I had to go back and listen to all of these weirdly named files, then rename them all, then re-blah-blah-blah.

Eh, I think you're confused about the 2 sold in 2 days...the other post was from me, trying to buy it from Best Buy. I ended up getting it from Amazon because BB was out of stock (even though they said they had it).

Do you mean that it doesn't support folders and subfolders? Do all your songs just end up in one big list in the root folder?

Jul 1, 2006 at 4:00 AM Post #40 of 47
No, I just happened to transfer them that way.

I have a lot of issues with tagging. Many of my CDs are compilations by various artists (I'm listening to "The Crooners" with Sinatra, Crosby, Tony Bennett, Nat King Cole, etc., right now) and the tagging seemed to always put them in groups by album name, rather than artist name. I found that annoying, so I transferred everything to the ZVM in one huge list. (I only have 3 playlists: Instrumentals, Songs, and the soundtrack from Jesus Christ Superstar, which needs to be listened to in order.) It was just easier for me that way.

OK, all this time later, I have no issues with my ZVM. Just in case anyone is reading this thread prior to a possible purchase.

D.

Jul 1, 2006 at 9:28 AM Post #42 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by dvallere
No, I just happened to transfer them that way.

I have a lot of issues with tagging. Many of my CDs are compilations by various artists (I'm listening to "The Crooners" with Sinatra, Crosby, Tony Bennett, Nat King Cole, etc., right now) and the tagging seemed to always put them in groups by album name, rather than artist name. I found that annoying, so I transferred everything to the ZVM in one huge list. (I only have 3 playlists: Instrumentals, Songs, and the soundtrack from Jesus Christ Superstar, which needs to be listened to in order.) It was just easier for me that way.

OK, all this time later, I have no issues with my ZVM. Just in case anyone is reading this thread prior to a possible purchase.

D.

I've since bought a ZVM. I have had a problem with tagging and various artists CDs too. I've organised by genres. My problem was that I got a lot of artists in what should be a rather small list of albums in that genre. And I thought that going by genres I wouldn't be able to select an album with various artist. But this is not the case. If you push the right bottom button you can select the genre list to show as albums.
smily_headphones1.gif

The only two 'problems' I have with this player is that it doesn't support browing by folders on the player itself and the scratch problem. Oh and if I get really nitpicky, it would be nice to show the artist as well as the song if you've created a playlist. Other than that, I really love this player!

Jul 1, 2006 at 8:36 PM Post #43 of 47
Just got mine a few days ago and the only issue I have is that the touchpad is kinda crazy and hard to get used to. I find myself making wrong selections often and it has been kinda hard to adjust to (for me at least). Another problem with the zen is that it requires that you plug in a little adapter thing in order to charge it/ transfer files and the fact that you are screwed if you lose it. Other than that, everything seems to be going gooood.
biggrin.gif

PS: BE SURE to get either Invisible Shield or Best Skin Ever before you take your zen out into the wild. It will get scratched up for sure.

Jul 1, 2006 at 11:58 PM Post #44 of 47
I'm itching to get one, and just wondering does the bse cover both the front and back of the player or just the front? It's kind of vague on the website.

Jul 2, 2006 at 1:57 AM Post #45 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by ch1nkster
Just got mine a few days ago and the only issue I have is that the touchpad is kinda crazy and hard to get used to. I find myself making wrong selections often and it has been kinda hard to adjust to (for me at least). Another problem with the zen is that it requires that you plug in a little adapter thing in order to charge it/ transfer files and the fact that you are screwed if you lose it. Other than that, everything seems to be going gooood.
biggrin.gif

PS: BE SURE to get either Invisible Shield or Best Skin Ever before you take your zen out into the wild. It will get scratched up for sure.

Hey, ch1nkster!! On the first item, did you know that the touchpad's sensitivity is adjustable, and have you adjusted it?? I've left my ZVM's sensitivity level at the default - and have no problems with it - but you can adjust it to 3 levels: Low, Medium & High. Try the Low setting (if you haven't already), and see if that helps...

on the second issue, while I was waiting for my ZVM to ship to me, I purchased a direct-connect sync & charge cable, as well as a direct-connect A/V-out cable, from ebay:
dscf0332.jpg

dscf0333.jpg

each of these cost under $10, around $15 plus shipping (from the UK), and do not require the dongle/sub-pack/adapter thingy. I've also since gotten the docking station for the ZVM from Creative, which works for syncing & charging. Get these, and you'll never need the adapter again.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back