ZuneHD...so does it sound good?
Oct 6, 2009 at 8:21 AM Post #76 of 92
So how does the HD compare to the Clip+ SQ? because the 120 seems to have better mids then the clip, but rolled of high end and bass compared to it.

Oct 6, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #77 of 92
Desertway;6034192 said:
Woman fined to tune of $1.9 million for illegal downloads - CNN.com

The record companies won't see a dime, the fine could have been 3 trillions as well, no meaning there! Sharing music is not illegal in every country either. Laws differ greatly. Like you can't lock a GSM phone to any provider in Finland as it is ILLEGAL there (nice). What a stupid story! The record companies spend the money you pay them for the CDs on stupid legal actions they will never see a dime from. That is why CDs are so expensive, all those lawyer fees. I'll keep downloading Big Brother.

Oct 6, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #78 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Mono /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The record companies won't see a dime, the fine could have been 3 trillions as well, no meaning there! Sharing music is not illegal in every country either. Laws differ greatly. Like you can't lock a GSM phone to any provider in Finland as it is ILLEGAL there (nice). What a stupid story! The record companies spend the money you pay them for the CDs on stupid legal actions they will never see a dime from. That is why CDs are so expensive, all those lawyer fees. I'll keep downloading Big Brother.

Glad to know you download illegally.

Oct 6, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #79 of 92
Jack Mono;6065590 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Desertway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Woman fined to tune of $1.9 million for illegal downloads - CNN.com

I love that euphemism, "share". Sharing music, how warm and fuzzy is that?

Oct 7, 2009 at 1:41 AM Post #80 of 92
i am sorry i disagree with illegal downloading...but i think 80000 dollars is very very excessive...

Oct 8, 2009 at 1:38 AM Post #81 of 92
I just got my Zune HD 32GB Original a week ago. I had used an iPod 30GB Video for years before then. I was able to tell a difference in the SQ, it seemed more detailed and just as If I was using a higher quality source. To be fair, the iPod I had was a 3-4th gen, but from what I have listened to in other Zunes as well, they just seem to be a bit better SQ wise.

Jun 22, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #82 of 92
I'm coming from a sony x series. After it broke, I settled for the Zune HD and there is absolutely no comparison in SQ. The sony x series outperforms the Zune HD in sound quality so much that I am going to settle for a sony s545 walkman, or possible save up for the new a845 walkman. And if the zune sq is way better than the ipod, i can't imagine how an ipod sounds. Overall, I am disappointed with the Zune HD. It has great features, a beautiful OLED screen, and enjoyable UI, but the SQ is absolute crap in comparison to sony walkmans.

Jun 22, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #83 of 92
For me, I think it sounds a bit better then my rockboxed clip, and sounds better then my old 30gb rockboxed I-pod. To be honest, I was never that impressed with the clip. Could be that my RE-0s just synergize better with the Zune HD too.

Oct 27, 2010 at 10:28 AM Post #86 of 92
Thank you.
smily_headphones1.gif

I found someone nearby me who is selling a 16gb Zune HD for $65 because he needs quick cash. I don't know how I can turn such a deal down, resell should be about that in maybe 6-12 months. I still plan on getting a J3, so I will enjoy being able to do a comparison between the two using a set of Etymotic ER-4's. It will be nice to use the wifi on the Zune, but I don't really see it being a deal breaker, given everyone's got data on their phones these days.

Oct 27, 2010 at 10:39 AM Post #87 of 92
I wouldn't touch it even for 55.

You can prolly pay for less and get a previous gen zune and have the same sound qual, or buy some iriver player from 5 years ago and have the same/better sound qual.

Oct 28, 2010 at 3:24 AM Post #88 of 92
Well at this point I'm really curious about trying out the zune HD, not for sound quality, but to see how it stacks against an ipod touch UI and interface wise. I've spent 12-16 hours reading through forums, just like this one, and youtube reviews to get a solid grasp of what outs there. I know I can get $65 back out of this thing once I pick up a quality playback device like the Cowon, so I'm going to jump in for experience sake. In the end, it's all about the cash; if I can throw some at a player and get the money back out, I think it's worth finding out how I personally stack the device in comparison to something better. I WILL also no doubt enjoy the Cowon more, this way.

Oct 29, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #89 of 92
I love the Zune HD interface. I'm currently in a class that deals with developing for iOS and am borrowing an iPod Touch (2nd gen) running iOS 4. After playing with it quite a bit I've decided that I definitely prefer both the sound and interface of the ZHD.

It's all a matter of preference though, try it out and see what you prefer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back