zune vs nano vs p2
Nov 20, 2008 at 3:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

reptar15

New Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 20, 2008
Posts
4
Likes
0
Hey guys, I'm a first time poster here and looking for your advice on which mp3 player to get. I want something that has good sound quality, good ui, portable, looks hot, and a good price.

I picked up these mp3's due to recent sales but I haven't opened any so I will return the ones I don't want.

microsoft zune 8gb - $99
apple nano 8gb - $135
samsung p2 16gb - $200

i know what the zune and nano can offer me but not sure about the p2 as it's less popular.

I'm leaning towards the samsung p2 cause it was such a great deal and the best bang for the buck. I read the reviews and although it doesn't have wifi like the ipod touch it's smaller and supposedly has good/great sound and video quality.

The thing I'm not sure about is the mixed reviews on the ui and touch responsiveness. My friends thinks it completely sucks, but they are itouch owners. I will probably crack it open tonight and update the firmware to see for myself.

which one would you guys go for?

thanks
 
Nov 20, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #2 of 8

tds101

Formerly known as nywytboy68
Joined
May 5, 2008
Posts
4,629
Likes
106
LOL - if you'd have gotten the nano in 16gb I'd say to keep it. Otherwise, I'd rock the P2 myself. The SQ is supposed to be very nice through the HP out. If amping, go w/the ipod, tho the Zune sounds fantastic amped from the HP out.
 
Nov 20, 2008 at 3:40 PM Post #3 of 8

reptar15

New Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 20, 2008
Posts
4
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL - if you'd have gotten the nano in 16gb I'd say to keep it. Otherwise, I'd rock the P2 myself. The SQ is supposed to be very nice through the HP out. If amping, go w/the ipod, tho the Zune sounds fantastic amped from the HP out.


the 16gb nano would cost me $200 which would be the same as the p2. I won't be amping.
 
Nov 20, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #4 of 8

tds101

Formerly known as nywytboy68
Joined
May 5, 2008
Posts
4,629
Likes
106
The new nano's sound pretty nice actually, but not if your gonna' use the EQ. That's where the P2 is better. And the Zunes, the SQ is fantastic, tho the volume is a bit low, and they lack an EQ completely.
 
Nov 20, 2008 at 3:51 PM Post #5 of 8

reptar15

New Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 20, 2008
Posts
4
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The new nano's sound pretty nice actually, but not if your gonna' use the EQ. That's where the P2 is better. And the Zunes, the SQ is fantastic, tho the volume is a bit low, and they lack an EQ completely.



any input on the ui of the players?

i know the nano's and zune's ui are very simple as ive used them many times before.
 
Nov 20, 2008 at 4:02 PM Post #6 of 8

tds101

Formerly known as nywytboy68
Joined
May 5, 2008
Posts
4,629
Likes
106
As for the UI's, you really need to try then out and see which is best for you. TBH, at the expense of sounding like a FanBoi, try out a Sony player if you can. I can almost guarantee that you'll take the other 3 back, and have no regrets!!! These players are as close to perfection as SQ through the HP out can get you ATM. Toasts my Zune, D2, clip, and Fuze - PERIOD!!! And, the Touch 2G I had was nice, but NO SONY!!! And the nano 4G is supposed to be almost identicle in sound sig to it.
 
Nov 20, 2008 at 4:24 PM Post #7 of 8

Calexico

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 30, 2008
Posts
1,849
Likes
17
Wow where did you get those deals?

I'd probably go for the Zune for the nice interface and SQ. But then again, I'm pretty much bored of iPod interfaces now after like 3 years with my 5.5, and I'm not a fan of touch screens lol.
 
Nov 20, 2008 at 4:31 PM Post #8 of 8

reptar15

New Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 20, 2008
Posts
4
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow where did you get those deals?

I'd probably go for the Zune for the nice interface and SQ. But then again, I'm pretty much bored of iPod interfaces now after like 3 years with my 5.5, and I'm not a fan of touch screens lol.




the zune is on sale at futureshop at $99, the nano i used a $20 off coupon from staples to bring it down to $135. the p2 is actually $192 cause I got futureshop to price match bestbuy's $199 sale.

I'm located in Toronto so not sure if you can get those prices in the states.

Just having a hard time to decide which one to keep, I would probably be happy with any of the 3. I will try the p2 tonight since it's the only one which I haven't used before.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top