Zune HD or Samsung P3?
Oct 24, 2010 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Clincher09

500+ Head-Fier
I'm currently using a Samsung P2, but it's getting old, the battery is dying and I think it's time for something new. The P2 is the best sounding device I've used but I really like the interface of the Zune HD and feel that it's much more superior than the Samsung. I haven't seen a P3 anywhere and I'd have to order one online which I'm not to fond of but if it's really good I'll consider it. I'll also take any other suggestions into consideration.

Oct 25, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #2 of 10
I own a 16gig Zune HD and if u need sometihng robust the zune HD will work pretty well as i am quiet abusive on my stuff and havnt broken anything on the zune for the 6 month i had it. The sound quality is good and it powers up most portable headphones with ease (HD 25-1 can be powered to ear destroying volume at 30/30 I use it at 23/30 and 20/30 with image s4) the only donwside is there is no LOD cable as well as only preset EQ.  otherwise its a great media player.

Oct 25, 2010 at 8:35 AM Post #3 of 10
Also consider the Cowon J3, as it's sq is fantastic-the custom eq and sound enhancements are the best of ANY player available, the battery life is the best, it's drag&drop for most videos w/no conversion, and the screen is excellent (equal to the zune hd, and both the J3 and zune hd have AMOLED displays). I've owned all three, and the best (IMO) is the Cowon J3, second is the Cowon S9. YMMV.

Nov 2, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #6 of 10
I'm going to support the Zune as well.  Though it can be a bit of a pain.  I really wish it had flac support but wma lossless can be used.

It's sturdy as everyone else has pointed out and I find the headphone jack to drive headphones better than Apple's offerings.

The 32gb is a great deal.  You just missed the deal for the 16gb for around 80 dollars yesterday at cowboom.com.  What I like about this versus other pure touch screen DAPs is that the swiping motions are easy to do so I can control volume and do back and rewind fairly easily without having to take it out of my pocket (that was a bit of a deal breaker for a lot of other touchscreen DAPs).

Nov 2, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #7 of 10
Out of the 2 you listed, I'd get the P3 for EQ and sound enhancement features.

I would probably go for a J3 though if you decide to consider that DAP.

Nov 2, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
I'm going to support the Zune as well.  Though it can be a bit of a pain.  I really wish it had flac support but wma lossless can be used.

It's sturdy as everyone else has pointed out and I find the headphone jack to drive headphones better than Apple's offerings.

The 32gb is a great deal.  You just missed the deal for the 16gb for around 80 dollars yesterday at cowboom.com.  What I like about this versus other pure touch screen DAPs is that the swiping motions are easy to do so I can control volume and do back and rewind fairly easily without having to take it out of my pocket (that was a bit of a deal breaker for a lot of other touchscreen DAPs).

is that site legit? it's got some pretty cheap stuff there =/

Nov 2, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #9 of 10
He might be talking about the none HD zune.  Or maybe it's the black friday sale.

I don't want to be a nay sayer re zunes and ipods.  However I think most people who's been using mp3 players for a long time knows that even 5+ year old iriver players can beat either in sound quality.  If you're looking for looks the zunehd's fine.

Nov 2, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #10 of 10

Quote:
is that site legit? it's got some pretty cheap stuff there =/

Sorry it was a one day sale from them.  And from my experience they're safe.  Though their prices really vary day by day.  That 16GB Zune HD was for one day.  But I've seen it repeat quit a few times there.  And Dell sometimes has great bargains on the Zune HDs as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back