ZO2 Impression Thread
Nov 6, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #16 of 1,126
I'm going to be tracking this all day tomorrow: 

Processed through USPS Sort Facility, November 06, 2011, 1:34 am, AUSTIN, TX 78710 
biggrin.gif

ps. /subscribed

Nov 6, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #18 of 1,126
Np, you should post more often, plz. 
smile.gif

Nov 7, 2011 at 6:21 AM Post #22 of 1,126

Quote:
first!!

post pictures, I want to see that new material for the case they talk about. i dont want to have to wait to get mine to do so..

I snapped a quick picture showing the two ZO versions side-by-side. Sorry that the image is not better quality - all I had was my iPhone and bad lighting to work with. For reference, I set both of the LightBar's intensities at their maximum (i.e., max contour levels), to show ZO 2's improvement in LED color diffusion. I also found that this solved the issue with being able to tell if the ZO was on/off and what setting it was at when used outdoors. 
cool.gif

I'm also really glad we switched to the soft touch coating from the high gloss... it just feels so much more satisfying to the touch, and makes everyday handling easier.

Nov 7, 2011 at 8:03 AM Post #23 of 1,126

Quote:
Mods, please cull this thread when someone actually posts something resembling an IMPRESSION !

The problem is that you took it upon yourself to suggest the start this thread early.  This is what you get.  I had intended to change the title of the original thread to "Impression" once they started arriving and I was going to link everyone to the page where they started in the OP.  Oh well.

Quote:

I'm also really glad we switched to the soft touch coating from the high gloss.

It looks really nice!

Nov 7, 2011 at 10:13 AM Post #25 of 1,126
Quote:

SemperMalum (forever malicious?) Your avatar looks too similiar to mine, please change it to that guy in your always diamonds meme.

Best respect,

Kiteki

But... But... Rio is so awesome. Fine, since I'm a thread derailer, I might as well use Old Spice Man as my avatar.

Quote:
Guys, the point of this thread is that it would be predominately impressions - adding post after post of total crap isn't helping.

Quote:
Screw you guys, you already ruined my thread.

This is why I have 3 OPs, to make sure people can actually find impressions.

I understand the mindset that it feels like we're intentionally derailing this impressions thread, but it's not intentional. I, for one, am excited and wanted to share that by being humorous. Being too serious face about things like this is kinda juvenile. Again, I'm not trying to be disrespectful or anything, I was just trying to make people laugh because I have a comedian mind-set. We're all looking forward to reading the impressions, and the second there are some posted, I'll be one of the first to read it and comment about it. But until then, we're all just twiddling our thumbs in anticipation; why not twiddle our thumbs together and have fun doing so?

Quote:

I snapped a quick picture showing the two ZO versions side-by-side. Sorry that the image is not better quality - all I had was my iPhone and bad lighting to work with. For reference, I set both of the LightBar's intensities at their maximum (i.e., max contour levels), to show ZO 2's improvement in LED color diffusion. I also found that this solved the issue with being able to tell if the ZO was on/off and what setting it was at when used outdoors. 
cool.gif

I'm also really glad we switched to the soft touch coating from the high gloss... it just feels so much more satisfying to the touch, and makes everyday handling easier.

MizMoxie, I think the new material is awesome. Definitely would make it more solid to hold without needing to carry a fiber cloth to constantly clean. (I have an OCD with seeing fingerprints on my glossy Samsung Galaxy, I'm constantly wiping it down)

The lightbars look much better too on the ZO2. I can't wait for mine to ship in, and I can't wait to see how everybody likes them.

Nov 7, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #26 of 1,126
Hey SemperMalum, when your ZO2 comes in, please do plug your M-80s in and tell us your impressions. I really want to know whether the ZO2 can make the bass of the M-80s more punchy and tight without degrading the overall sound quality. Thanks!

Nov 7, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #28 of 1,126
hmm this or the ibasso t5...

Nov 7, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #29 of 1,126

Quote:
Hey SemperMalum, when your ZO2 comes in, please do plug your M-80s in and tell us your impressions. I really want to know whether the ZO2 can make the bass of the M-80s more punchy and tight without degrading the overall sound quality. Thanks!

For sure, I was going to use the ZO2 immediately on my Grado SR80i's and then the M-80's. The M-80's have pretty good bass, but I'm -very- curious to see how much of a boost the ZO2 will give it. By all means, this should be a match made in heaven having the V-Moda M-80's and the ZO2 combined.

Nov 7, 2011 at 12:37 PM Post #30 of 1,126
My ZO2 just arrived.  I've only been listening to it for the past 30 minutes and I can say that I am very pleased.

I'll tease you with photos for now.  I will be tied up for a while this afternoon, but I promise to get back to everyone with some impressions.

Shown in bass-adjustment mode (red-ish glow):

Shown in volume adjustment mode (blue LED):

Notice I am using a 75 Ohm impedance adapter.  The only negative so far is that there is a fair amount of hiss.  Noticeable with my Phiaton PS 210 and especially my Shure SE535 (which I expected anyway since they are so sensitive).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back