ZO Smartvektor and Spectral Decay?
Dec 16, 2012 at 8:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ablahblah

New Head-Fier
I read this on Digizoid's site:

"SmartVektor: Frequency Unmasking

SmartVektor offsets this process by "filling in" the lost sounds and making them more pronounced, which is accomplished by delaying select sounds in time. The result increases the level of detail heard, and imparts a natural sense of dimensionality by enhancing soundstaging."

and I got kind of interested, because for awhile I thought Spectral Decay (resonance I think?) had a profound effect on how a headphone sounded, IEM's in particular. It was the only way I could explain why TF10's sounded kind of bass-anemic to some while my EPH-100's sound a lot bassier to others since they had kind of similar freq. responses.

(the eph-100's bass decay lasts far longer than the TF10's)

I also got the chance to try out some Shure SE535's at an airport with foam tips, which were absolutely mind blowing with presence of the highs and mids as opposed to bass, which I could still tell were there. tried explaining it to myself remembering a graph

I never found a way to put, like, millisecond long delay effects on audio though, only eq'ing and delays way longer than a few milliseconds, so I never got to formally try that theory out. Anyone know if that's what SmartVektor is kind of doing though, by "delaying select sounds in time".? Please help a curious audio noob out if I'm wrong on anything too, sorry >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back