ZMFestivus II: October 5th, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 25, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #226 of 335
So glad to have more people joining!
WAIT!!! That's going to reduce my chances of winning anything in the sweepstakes / giveaways... :fearful:

Sep 25, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #228 of 335
WAIT!!! That's going to reduce my chances of winning anything in the sweepstakes / giveaways... :fearful:

Don’t worry- we will try to keep a nice Festivuser to Raffle prize ratio. Just like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich- you gotta get your ratios right!

Correct answer: more peanut butter.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Sep 25, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #230 of 335
Well just as a little extra boost to hype, my updated gear list will for headphones will include (so long as shipping from Italy and Iceland are on time, they should be!);

A fully restored AKG K1000 Bass Neutral just finished by our own Heinz Renner himself
A Sony MDR-F1
Yamaha YH-5M in collectors condition
The reddit user qu1ensr's DIY electrostatic, the Nectar
An SR-X Mark III Pro based custom prototype from Spritzer, a one-off
A Stax Sigma Normal Bias that was never opened until a week ago, I've unsealed it just for this occasion
A Peerless PMB-100
The Uber rare Stax SR-Lambda Professional Signature, the sub-micron Lambda

A few people coming with me will be bringing some headphones I've modified or restored, including but not limited to;

More than one Stax SR-404 LE (not sure how many yet)
Custom filter and stator mod Stax SR-407
A few different pairs of my for-friends only HD-598 "Blackjack" mod

And the headfi user Takato14 and I have thrown ourselves a curveball; we're going to try and build a headphone from a chassis chosen at random by me and a set of drivers chosen at random by him the night before in our hotel rooms. My guess is that it will be an orthodynamic, knowing him :)

Super excited for this meet! It's the only meet I usually go to, and, I've honestly spent an unhealthy amount of time and money prepping for it, lol.

See you guys soon!

Sep 25, 2019 at 9:06 PM Post #231 of 335
Well just as a little extra boost to hype, my updated gear list will for headphones will include (so long as shipping from Italy and Iceland are on time, they should be!);

A fully restored AKG K1000 Bass Neutral just finished by our own Heinz Renner himself
A Sony MDR-F1
Yamaha YH-5M in collectors condition
The reddit user qu1ensr's DIY electrostatic, the Nectar
An SR-X Mark III Pro based custom prototype from Spritzer, a one-off
A Stax Sigma Normal Bias that was never opened until a week ago, I've unsealed it just for this occasion
A Peerless PMB-100
The Uber rare Stax SR-Lambda Professional Signature, the sub-micron Lambda

A few people coming with me will be bringing some headphones I've modified or restored, including but not limited to;

More than one Stax SR-404 LE (not sure how many yet)
Custom filter and stator mod Stax SR-407
A few different pairs of my for-friends only HD-598 "Blackjack" mod

And the headfi user Takato14 and I have thrown ourselves a curveball; we're going to try and build a headphone from a chassis chosen at random by me and a set of drivers chosen at random by him the night before in our hotel rooms. My guess is that it will be an orthodynamic, knowing him :)

Super excited for this meet! It's the only meet I usually go to, and, I've honestly spent an unhealthy amount of time and money prepping for it, lol.

See you guys soon!
Wish I could arrive earlier on Friday...
Looking forward to this meet!!!

Sep 25, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #232 of 335
Did someone say Australia! :wink: only been once but loved everything about the trip...went to Melbourne and Sydney...just happened to coincide with PAX Australia, which was fun to attend.

Sydney I went to one of the best Speakeasy whiskey joints in my life! Back alley past some trash bins into a creepy side door, down some cement stairs into the most epic whiskey bar full of amazing whiskey from all over the world!

looking forward to Saturday! I’ll be arriving late Friday night, departing after the meet...it’s going to be a short visit and will go by way too fast but damn if I’m not stoked about this trip...early bday gift from the wife!

Sep 25, 2019 at 11:16 PM Post #235 of 335
The Baxter Inn is the bar I was referencing =) so awesome

Dang I haven't even been there ! So high they need a ladder !

images (1).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back