ZMFestivus II: October 5th, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2019 at 3:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 335

BooUrns

Sponsor: ZMFheadphones
The First Lady of ZMF Headphones
ZMFestivus II: SATURDAY OCTOBER 5th 2019

ZMFestivus is a community Head-Fi meet hosted by ZMFheadphones! It’s a giant party to celebrate the community from which we were born and a time to hang out, have good times, and perseverate over acute perceived differences in mid-range presentation! That’s our kinda party- wooooo!

We welcome anyone interested in audio to come out and bring your set up for others to audition or just come to hang and demo gear. We have tables, chairs, and wall outlets. All you need to bring is your gear and whatever power strips and extension cords you think you may need. There is no cost of admission, but we do have a pretty radical raffle with exciting ZMF Prizes along with awesome gear from other vendors in attendance. Last year folks won full-sized headphones (3), IEMs, portable and desktop amps, premium cables, etc. We try to make the raffle very worthwhile.

RSVP- Please RSVP here https://forms.gle/ZZ7ycgKmxGAQWaxq7
Hangar Launch.jpg Hangar Private Event.JPG

THE DETAILS:

http://www.fortknoxstudios.com/

4255 N Knox Ave

Chicago, IL 60641

October 5th 2019

Set Up: 10 AM
Official Start : 11 AM
Start Cleaning Up: 4 PM
Lock up & Lights off: 5 PM

Go get some food and drinks!

OF NOTE:

PARKING: There is a parking lot and plenty of easy street parking (truly.) ZMF will have some wagons available for bringing gear in from the parking lot.

FOR LOCALS: This is right near the Mayfair Metra stop AND the Montrose Blueline stop.

FLYING IN: The Blueline runs right out of O’Hare Airport. Theoretically you can capitalize on more affordable accommodations by the airport and take the blueline right in when you want to. OR if you want to stay in the city and make a weekend of it—the Blueline also runs through downtown.

QUESTIONS:

Email me bevin@zmfheadphones.com and I will try to help answer any question you might have. I will add an FAQ here as I figure out the Q’s that are becoming FA, but in the meantime:

FORT KNOX- is a gigantic music studio and creative space here in Chicago. We have rented a room called “The Hangar” which is substantially larger than our space last year, so bring a friend… or two! Here are some photos of what’s inside. http://www.fortknoxstudios.com/chicago-creative-industry-media/chicago-music-photos

RSVP- Please RSVP here https://forms.gle/ZZ7ycgKmxGAQWaxq7

RAFFLE DETAILS- TBD… but it’s gunna be good.

VENDORS- We are starting to reach out and will update ASAP.

JDS Labs in the house!
F1 Audio with @JamesonM bringing so much awesome gear with him.
iFi Audio- woot woot. Potentially showing something new and exciting...They will keep us updated!
HeadAmp Blue Hawaii... you may have heard of it?
Bin Chickens Vinyl Fair For all you vinyl lovers out there!
Campfire Audio- Caleb and JD are flying in from Portland with some fun meet set ups!

THIS THREAD- Please feel free to ask questions, post things, make your funniest jokes. The only rule is be kind. Other than that- let’s have fun here. Most questions should be easily answered in this first post or by emailing me (bevin@zmfheadphones.com) so the rest of the thread can be good times.

GEAR LIST:

As we get a little closer to October, here are some of the set-ups that have started to roll in. We have had a bunch of "not sure yet" and "just bringing myself" responses and both of those are totally valid! No pressure to bring any gear at all... and no pressure to know what you'll have bought, sold or traded for by October either :beerchug: T

Cavalli Liquid Gold, PS Audio Directstream DAC, ZMF Verite Pheasantwood, Audeze LCD-4

Abyss AB-1266 PHI TC, LCD-X, Focal Clear, Noble Khan, CA Solaris, Meteum onyx, Cavalli Liquid Platinum, AK Sp1000cu, ALO CV5, Transparent power bank, mac book for source.

Sony MDR-Z7, Acoustic Research M20, Focal Elear with pad swap, and if I drive I may bring heavier items like a Bottlehead Crack w/ Speedball, etc.

Massdrop THX AAA 789, Shanling M5s, Final Audio E5000, Meze 99 Noir, hopefully maybe a DAC of some kind

Audio-gd Master 7 Singularity DAC and Master 9 Preamp/Headphone amp, Aurender N100H Server/Player and Audeze LCD-X Headphone.

Audio-Technica ATH-ADX5000

AKG k240 df headphones and a pair of MrSpeakers Alpha Dogs I'm happy to bring if you think people will want to check them out (and I'd bring my shiit modi and magni v1 to plug em into)

ZMF Aeolus, HE4xx (with ZMF Ori Lambskin pads), Fidelio X2, Sennheiser HD58x, Takstar Pro82, Feliks Audio Echo OTL Tube Amp, Schiit Magni 3, Schiit Modi 3

Dt880, verum one, hsc75, ikko oh1.

My ears and some portable stuff

Digital: Antipodes DX gen3, Chord M Scaler, Chord Dave Power: Transparent Reference power isolator Amp: Wells Audio Headtrip level 2 (former reference), XI Audio Formula S, probably Auris Headonia Headphones: AB1266TC, Hifiman Susvara, Hifiman HE1000SE, Hifiman Ananda, Meze Empyrean, Focal Utopia, Audese LCD4 and LCD4Z, Final D8000, HD800S

Focal Clear, Audeze LCD2, Campfire Andromeda S, iFi Micro Black Label, Massdrop THX AAA 789

Wells Milo, Massdrop x Cavalli Liquid Platinum (possibly), Massdrop Airist R2-R DAC, Schiit Eitr, Burson TC-7240 Passive Preamp, ZMF Ori Black Limba, MrSpeakers Aeon Flow Closed, Massdrop x HifiMan HE4XX, Verum One (headphones), AKG K240 Sextett, Panamax MR4300 (for power management), MacBook Pro with Tidal

5 headamp setups (valhalla 2, ragnarok 1, mjolnir 2, carver crimson 275 setup for estats, mitsubishi, da-a10dc setup for estats), varying electrostatic headphones (Stax, Kaldas), varying headphones (Hifiman, Audeze, Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic), a laptop and dac for each setup

Modded 598, modded stax 407

RSA Raptor, Teac UD 501, Yamaha hp-1, highly modified Hd598, laptop for source.

We can bring Portables as well as some Chord Products?

ZMF Auteur cocobolo ZMF Atticus cherry (questionable, might leave it behind) Sennheiser HD650 Glenn OTL Bottlehead Crackatwoa Topping D50 DAC + power supply Laptop (source) Lots of excellent tubes!

he-6 (code-6 mods) maybe gear to drive it, j2 spearker amp can really can warm up a room.

SR-007 Custom Modded Sigma Pros SRD-7/mk2 Beyerdynamic ET1000 N1000

2 pairs of headphones and a couple of laptops. I'm a part of the group that was set up right in front of the entrance to the main room last time. With the turntable if you remember. We plan on bringing a lot of stuff this go around as well.

I might bring my Senn HD600's

Headphones: *Sansui SS-100 (Modified) x2 *Sennheiser HD580 (Modified) *Audeze LCD-XR (Modified) *Sony DR-Z7 (Modified) *Fostex T30 (Modified) *AKG K1000 (Modified) *Sony MDR-F1 (Modified) *Beyerdynamic DT770 (Modified) *Beyerdynamic DT880M *** Potentially a few (no more than 3) prototypes as well Amp: *Sansui AU-G77XII Source: *Lenovo X230T *LH Labs GO450

Hifiman HE500

brooklyn dac, Hifiman headphones

Audioquest Nighthawks and dragonfly red

cayin N6 v2

Kenwood KH - 71

SMSL VMV D1, Massdrop AAA 789, ZMF Pendant, ZMF Aeolus, and Laptop running Roon

JDS Labs Atom, Pioneer XDP-300R, Acoustic Research AR-H1, Cleer Next, Sony MDR-EX1000, Audio-Technica ATH-IM02, TFZ King Pro, TIN T2, TIN T3

Sennheiser HD600, HD580, Massdrop Jubilee HD58x

Stax headphones and amps fostex headphones schitt amp grommes amp

CMA400i and Aeon Flow Closed, HD6XX

Andromeda Gold, Cayin N6ii, CA Cascade or Focal Elegia undecided yet.

ZMF Zebrawood Atticus, ifi idsd micro black label

Modded HD800 and modded HD650. Possibly ECP L2 amplifier

Maybe portable stuff (KZ ZS10pro, ZS7, Toneking 9T, Kansas Pro, it01, TRNV90, FA1, etc)

SMSL SU-8 2, THX AAA-789, Music Hall ph 25.2 hybrid amp, A&K Kann, ZMF Eikon, Hifiman HE400i, and NAD HP50 headphones

ZMF Atticus (AJ edition)/Chocobolo Omni, Senn HD650, on a Grace m9xx DAC/Amp + Shure KSE 1500/SE 846 earphones pending confirmation of loanership for the weekend

SE846

Beyerdynamic T1 and Audeze LCD-3
Sources: Fiio K1 LG V40 iFi iDSD nano BL iFi iDSD micro BL Sony PHA-3 ->balanced LQi Cu cable for ZMF/Audeze Astell & Kern A&U SP1000 Cu +Amp ->balanced ZMF 2K Cu for ZMF/Audeze w/ Eidolic plugs iFi Pro iDSD 2.5 +iFi Pro iCan Interconnects: AudioQuest Earth 0.5m XLR w/ carbon DBS Shunyata Σ 1m XLR (hopefully – borrowed) Cans: ATH M50x +also have Brainwavz pads ATH WS99BT Sony MDR-1A Audeze LCD4 (veg pads) Accessories: Dekoni nuggets ZMF Salire stand tons of cheap & intro cables and adapters

Hifiman HE500

MH755

Focal Elegia, Audeze EL-8 and EL-8 Titanium, Chord Mojo, iFi Black Label and maybe my 64Audio U6.

T50 MK3

ZMF will have at least but not limited to: Gel3n, ZMF Pendant, All ZMF Lineup, Metrum Onyx, Schiit Yggdrasil.

Last edited:
ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jun 6, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #2 of 335
Bevin - why Chicago again?!
San Francisco is so much better... (and only 1 hour away for me) :wink:

For people that come over by plane - I think closer to the airport would be better. Granted, I suspect most attendees would come by car.

Jun 6, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #3 of 335
Every day I wake up and gaze out my window wondering when my beloved ZMFestivus will return. It turns out that day is today.

1) Of course
2) Saturday
3) The first ZMFestivus was a great experience. Great venue, great people. It gave me a whole new outlook on life. The air was clearer after ZMFestivus, the sky bluer.
4) We liked the city last time!

But the JDS Labs boys are pretty chill dudes so we're ok with whatever the people decide. Super Excited!

Jun 6, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #4 of 335
It gave me a whole new outlook on life. The air was clearer after ZMFestivus, the sky bluer.
I think getting to the Stanley Cup finals did that... Not doubting previous ZMFestivius was awesome, just saying... :wink:

Jun 6, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #6 of 335
I think October would be good. Last year was fortunate for good December weather but why tempt fate.

1) I will be there.

2) Since I am retired it makes little difference to me. Depending on location traffic Saturday vs Sunday might be a consideration. It is a two day trip for me regardless of day.

3) Last year was almost flawless. The only negative I can think of was you almost ran out of room. You might plan for those who RSVP and then add 15/20%. Ethernet availability would be nice.

4) Parking was a little tight last year. I was fortunate to get a spot in the parking lot but I think more than a few had to park on the street. I think you know why I care:ksc75smile:.

Chicago of course is a huge city but when picking a location and date it might be a consideration to keep in mind the World Series starts Oct 22. A decision on date and location sooner rather than later would be good for those of us making a multi day trip as far as hotel reservations are concerned.

Very much looking forward to ZMFestivus II.

Jun 6, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #7 of 335
1. Yes, I will try to be there.
2. Saturday might be better. Flying out on Sunday saves me a day getting back to work.
3. Things seemed to go quite well last time... and yes, capacity was at limit, but it was fa perfect fit. If more wanted to show up this time, it might get a little cramped (and muggy)
4. Anywhere I can Uber to, or have a nearby hotel works for me.

Jun 6, 2019 at 11:29 PM Post #8 of 335
1.) I'm in.

2.) Saturday

3.) Last year was excellent. I have zero complaints.

4.) Don't care, as long as parking isn't a big issue. People have to load and unload expensive stuff.

Jun 7, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #9 of 335
Man I wish I could join you all!

I want to hang out with the ZMF crew so bad, that I am considering making a road trip, all the way from Texas.

Jun 8, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #11 of 335
1) I'll try to come

2) Saturday works
3) did not attend last year

4 )Prefer not to have it in the city as the commute by car on a weekend can take up to 2 hours and then to find parking.

Jun 9, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #12 of 335
Man I wish I could join you all!

I want to hang out with the ZMF crew so bad, that I am considering making a road trip, all the way from Texas.

Swing by and pick me up, I'm in Dallas!

Jun 9, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #13 of 335
Suggestion - space for a small two channel setup?
I can probs arrange a schiitkit for the meet as well as whatever variety of toys I happen to have lying around if folks are interested.

Jun 10, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #14 of 335
1.Yes, after last year's experience, would definitely be attending.
2. Saturday is preferable but Sunday is still no problem
3. The experience last year was amazing. Its good to see fellow audiophiles in the area. Its also amazing for some flying in for the event.
4. Parking did seem to fill up quickly. But I used Uber to get around the parking problems. I live 20 mins away from downtown.

Jun 10, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #15 of 335
Well I’m going to push for the 5th or 26th of October as I can make those Saturday dates and just love Chicago and ZMFestivus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back