Zmfestivus II Meet Impressions
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 6, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #16 of 59
Thanks @zach915m and @BooUrns for the great event! Making the trip back in style. Be prepared for ZMF orders from every toll booth worker from Chicago to Cleveland, of which there are many...

IMAG1025.jpg

Oct 6, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #17 of 59
Here are some pics I took at the meet. Had planned to do more with my actual camera rather than my phone, but the dim lighting made it very tricky, so potato pictures it is, sorry!

My setup with the Auteur/Glenn OTL and HD650/Bottlehead Crackatwoa. Hope those of you who listened to it enjoyed yourselves :)

Glenn 300B with various ZMFs. The VO and VC were connected here almost all day from what I saw, great pairing, that amp is a beast, totally not jealous.

ECP Audio L-2 paired with the HD800, great sounding combination, definitely put ECP on my radar.

ZMF setup early at the event.

Some pics of the whole room, early and much later.

ifi stack, great sounding set with TONS of combinations/tweakability. Think I was listening to an Aeolus on this, definitely an enjoyable, compact setup.

Campfire Audio setup, had the ALO Studio Six, meant to give it a listen but got sidetracked, sorry @UntilThen :frowning2:

JDS Labs Atom, definitely a nice entry-level amp, great sound for the price, listened with a KISS modded HD650, impressive, might have to consider modding my own or getting a spare set of drivers to mod.

My girlfriend listening to some vintage Kendwoods on the Woo Audio WA-6.

First time hearing the Abyss 1266 for me, wow, gotta be one of the most awkward headphones to wear, maybe it is just my head, but that bass was deep and powerful, very impressive sound.

MrSpeakers Voce on the HeadAmp Blue Hawaii. Probably the most transparent audio I have heard from headphones, incredible sound and price to match :) my girlfriend being nearly brought to tears listening to Nina Simone - "Wild is the Wind." I preferred the Voce to the Stax SR-009, but only had 10 min or so with each.

Also had a listen to the Meze Audio Empyrean on the HeadAmp GS-X mini, another very impressive TOTL headphone, spacious and dynamic, very well-built as well, beautiful.

This unusual amp was back in the corner, a Grommes PHI-26, EL84 power tubes, can't recall the drivers...was very impressed with the modded Fostex THX-00, was curious what it would sound like with a ZMF but didn't get to it, nice little amp, owner told me they made less than 100 in the late 2000s. Bet these would sell like hot cakes these days, might see if I can dig one up.

And the ZMF raffle, some really nice gear was up! Congrats to those who took something home.

Altogether had a great time, met some cool folks, listened to some awesome gear but didn't get around to it all, there is always next year!
That looks like a heck of a meet!!!

Thanks for taking nice pics for us to see

Oct 6, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #20 of 59
Damn another good time again in the Windy City thanks to @BooUrns and @zach915m . I didn’t get too much time to listen to much as I could not take my eyes off the beauties that Zach made for me they are just so damn gorgeous and as a bonus sound pretty amazing too. Just another great meet . Good to see some old friends again and meeting some new ones as well Teresa and I had a great time chatting with everyone that came by the table and after the show at the brewery (good time there as well) but did miss a couple that couldn’t make it just so you know we are thinking of you. Thanks again and can’t wait till next year.

Oct 6, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #23 of 59
I couldn't spend much time at the meet, but I finally got a chance to listen to the Diana Phi headphones. I just purchased them.... :p

Oct 6, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #24 of 59
Awesome event. Cool headphones, (finally got to listen to a pair of Sigma's!) lovely people too, although hearing Campfire Andromeda's yesterday has stabbed a stake into my love for my dinky old Vsonic GR07's..time to start saving.. All told, totally worth missing homecoming for. Thank you to everyone involved!

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #25 of 59
Thanks @zach915m and @BooUrns for the great event! Making the trip back in style. Be prepared for ZMF orders from every toll booth worker from Chicago to Cleveland, of which there are many...

Great meeting you in person!
In the airport waiting for my flight home and thinking about the memorable day yesterday...

Oct 6, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #26 of 59
It appears that the event was enough of a success to warrant another one, right? RIGHT?!?! :wink:

Damn another good time again in the Windy City thanks to @BooUrns and @zach915m . I didn’t get too much time to listen to much as I could not take my eyes off the beauties that Zach made for me they are just so damn gorgeous and as a bonus sound pretty amazing too.
I don't believe you. There are no pics! It didn't happen!

Oct 6, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #27 of 59
Oct 6, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #28 of 59
Great meeting you in person!
In the airport waiting for my flight home and thinking about the memorable day yesterday...

Great to meet you too! Hope you had a good time.

I meant to ask you if you wanted to try out some 6J5 tubes in the GOTL since I know you were interested in them, but got lost in all the gear :L3000: sorry!

Oct 6, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #29 of 59
86136021-6217-437F-83E0-BAE8769F485E.jpeg
I wore this just for you .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back