ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread.
Apr 4, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #1,411 of 1,522
I own a vibro ii that I bought here on head-fi second hand that I really enjoy. One quick question, the cups have movement, like you can twist them left and right and have some play up and down too. Is this normal or is there a way to tighten this up? They kinda move around my ears too much for comfort if I'm not sitting still.

The T50RP gimbal structure operates with a ball joint mechanism. It is located right where the metal sliders attach to the cups. The cups should be allowed to articulate for fit adjustment, seems normal.

The ball joint mechanism can be fully disassembled, but I'm not sure if the ease of play can be adjusted.

Apr 5, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #1,412 of 1,522
The T50RP gimbal structure operates with a ball joint mechanism. It is located right where the metal sliders attach to the cups. The cups should be allowed to articulate for fit adjustment, seems normal.

The ball joint mechanism can be fully disassembled, but I'm not sure if the ease of play can be adjusted.

Nope, tightening them more only places unnecessary stress on the plastics. To reduce the movement, custom cups have decreased the amount of distance between the plastic mounting ball and say, custom cups.

Apr 5, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #1,415 of 1,522
  Well I just ordered a new Vibro Mk II and I have to say the testimonies about Zach's good customer service were bang on the mark. He's a very proactive person!

Welcome to the forums 
smile.gif

ZMF is a great place to start (or end) your headphone journey. T50 mods are a special thing and it seems no one else has done them as well and as carefully as ZMF.

Apr 19, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #1,416 of 1,522
  1. It's absolutely imperative that you get enough clamp to achieve a proper seal. Today I finally watched Zach's video on how to properly bend the headband to get the proper clamp and it makes a HUGE difference. Clarity in the mids and treble are finally at acceptable levels and a lot of the muddiness is gone.

Can you give me the link to the video please ?

Well I'm interested by the zmf blackwood (second hand for price reason) :wink:

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #1,421 of 1,522
Welcome to the forums
smile.gif

ZMF is a great place to start (or end) your headphone journey. T50 mods are a special thing and it seems no one else has done them as well and as carefully as ZMF.

Come on now, I love ZMF T50 mods but I'd argue @mrspeakers also creates some magical T50 creations. I much prefer seeing how far MrSpeakers and ZMF go with their mods, as opposed to just those who are reselling stock-cups with some fill, baffling, cup dampening, etc.

Alpha Primes are magical, and so are ZMF Blackwood and ZMF Ori headphones. With my Alpha Primes, I feel like i'm not even listening to a Fostex headphone anymore... and with my ZMF Blackwood, the quality of the wood with specific types of music (e.g. acoustic guitar) makes me feel like I'm actually listening to a guitar player in my office as I work!

Apr 29, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #1,423 of 1,522
Come on now, I love ZMF T50 mods but I'd argue @mrspeakers also creates some magical T50 creations. I much prefer seeing how far MrSpeakers and ZMF go with their mods, as opposed to just those who are reselling stock-cups with some fill, baffling, cup dampening, etc.

Alpha Primes are magical, and so are ZMF Blackwood and ZMF Ori headphones. With my Alpha Primes, I feel like i'm not even listening to a Fostex headphone anymore... and with my ZMF Blackwood, the quality of the wood with specific types of music (e.g. acoustic guitar) makes me feel like I'm actually listening to a guitar player in my office as I work!

No less love for Dan and company; his Alpha Prime and Mad Dog Pro are among my top favorites and I'm very picky about what I like in a headphone. In being stern, I neglected to mention both Zach and Dan in the same breath.

I just feel that Zach has taken a level of care and attention to detail in particular in T50 modding that virtually no one else could achieve; specifically I am referring to custom tuning and wood finishes that could be requested.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #1,424 of 1,522
oops, double post >.<

new website has me bamboozled

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back