ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread.
Jul 31, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #16 of 1,522
All I know is that they(enigmas) also have a special wood enclosure very unique.
I love wood cans I had alot of audio technica wood cans and can say that the wood does give magic to the sound.
The w3000anv had that in the mids.
Most wood cans end up being very special, as if it takes on its own character and life.
That's why I jumped on buying the vibro without hearing (!)
:wink:

Jul 31, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #17 of 1,522
Very interesting headphone.
How does it compare to the Mad Dog 3.2?

Jul 31, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #18 of 1,522
I think the more direct and accurate comparison would be to the Alpha Dogs. The lower versions of the ZMF (V1 and V2) are comparable to the Mad Dogs.

By the way, no alacantara pads on these? Do the Alpha pads just compliment the sound better?

Jul 31, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #19 of 1,522
Very interesting headphone.
How does it compare to the Mad Dog 3.2?

Liberating the driver from the stock housing changes everything. In this case, it sounds both a lot more open and richer, and it images remarkably well.

Aug 2, 2014 at 5:35 AM Post #21 of 1,522
Any idea how the bass sounds compared to the he400?

It has been a long while since I have heard the he400 which has my fav bass on an open back so far. I vaguely remember the 400 being a little more solid and gratifying than any t50 application I have heard, including this one, but I am remembering a similar quantity.

Aug 2, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #22 of 1,522
To me the 400 excessive or biting trebles distracted from any enjoyment and the he500 was a substantial improvement.

Aug 2, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #24 of 1,522
It's treble never bothered me, I'm more bothered by the mids that feel subdued.  It sounds great to me for a lot of electronic music, and softer stuff I use a different headphone.

Aug 3, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #26 of 1,522
I'm looking for a T50RP with the most bass... how does this compare on full bass vs alpha dogs with full bass? Is the bass a sub bass? What about this vs the V2 vibro. I have the denon D5000 and treble is too harsh for these ears.

Aug 11, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #27 of 1,522

I got my vibro...
First few hours already and can tell these are very musically involving.
Wew, I made a good choice!
:wink:

Edit:
Some Initial impressions:
Spooky realistic cues & depth.
Body, organic timbre and instrument separation very apparent.
Mids are probably it's strength as it just sounds real and supple.
These cans are not broken in yet but they suck you in fast (!)
It seems a bit closer sound than an open can yet very large because of height and depth and width..
Hmm could be a bit brighter than neutral and yet mids & bass are very well done..
All bass plugs off it sounds nice :)

Need to break in and compare to my he560 as a reference to tell for sure where this can sits but for now enjoying the music...

Ok I don't think I ever herd a can change so quickly.

The slight brightness is gone and the bass increased where I plugged in one hole and have two holes opened and it's very large sounding..

I have to add this is the first closed can I ever herd that doesn't have a "closed" sound because the soundstage and involvement making a very sonically believable impression.
Very impressive they can sound this large, dimensional and spacious.
Realism and liveliness are high.

The ambience and delicacy make my mp3s are sounding like flac files and there is no sibilance. .
Stark contrast to my hd800 that can make some music sound harsh..
Have not directly compared yet.
hard to take off a new can that is this musical. .

Aug 12, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #30 of 1,522
All the impressions so far seem to be excellent. Since they are both in the same price bracket and t50 mods, anybody have any direct comparisons to the Alpha Dogs yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back