ZMF Verite Open
Sep 5, 2021 at 5:50 AM Post #6,766 of 9,512
Why don't you order it by German ZMF reseller ? The headphone company in Heidelberg.

https://headphonecompany.com/en/

I didn't find the pads in their shop but you can email them and ask them to order.

Sep 5, 2021 at 5:58 AM Post #6,767 of 9,512
Maybe I am to blind or just to stupid, but I can not find pads there. Or have you contacted the shop via email and asked there?

Yes go ahead and contact them :wink:

Sep 5, 2021 at 5:59 AM Post #6,768 of 9,512
Sep 5, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #6,770 of 9,512
Several friends had bad experience with the shop, therefore I try to avoid this shop if possible.

Really ? I have my blackwood vérité ordered by them and I also had a good experience listening to headphones in their shop and also lending ZMFs for home listening. It's their fault I'm totally a ZMF fanboy now 😅

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2021 at 6:40 AM Post #6,771 of 9,512
Maybe it was just bad luck. I do not know. I never ordered something there.

At the end, I wrote an email to the FR shop and to headphonecompany. Hope at least one of those two has the ZMF Universe Hybrid Pads in stock.

Btw ... since I do not want to read through 450 pages ... which pads do you use on your Verite Opens? I have my Verite Open since 1,5 weeks and have the BE2 and Universe pads, but I definitely prefer the Universe, but I heard that the Universe Hybrid pads should be even better. I know, at the end it is a matter of taste, but I want to get some more inputs before I buy one or two pairs :)

Sep 5, 2021 at 6:59 AM Post #6,772 of 9,512
Universe hybrids are my favourite for the VO. Less muffled in the highs and more prominent voices.

Universe Suede sound have a little more highs but tune down the bass a little. Also softer transients because of the suede material.

(Both compared to stock universe lambskin pads)

Verite pads made them have alot of treble and stage was gone. Not my taste at all.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #6,775 of 9,512
African Blackwood Verite and Purpleheat wood Verite, weight with universe pads. All black magnesium hardware. Black rods and grilles.
I am actually pleasently suprised that yours only weigh 578g.
I have a pair of blackwoods with copper hardware on order, due to arrive in a few weeks, and was figuring mine would weigh just north of 650g, but seeing yours weigh in at a "mere" 578g makes me hopefull that mine will weigh in at about 625-630g which is a win for me.
Of course it will be a big contast to my silkwood which weigh in at 482g but "luckily" I have a short and stumpy neck so i don't seem to be bothered by heavy headphones.:L3000:

Sep 5, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #6,776 of 9,512
I am actually pleasently suprised that yours only weigh 578g.
I have a pair of blackwoods with copper hardware on order, due to arrive in a few weeks, and was figuring mine would weigh just north of 650g, but seeing yours weigh in at a "mere" 578g makes me hopefull that mine will weigh in at about 625-630g which is a win for me.
Of course it will be a big contast to my silkwood which weigh in at 482g but "luckily" I have a short and stumpy neck so i don't seem to be bothered by heavy headphones.:L3000:

Thank you! Yes, I to was pleasantly surprised by not only the weight of the blackwoods but also the purplehearts. These two woods are on the denser and heavier side of the spectrum for ZMF. Again, I find both headphones to be balanced and the weight is really a non-issue.

Congratulations on order of your blackwoods. Of course you'll be the one to decide how you like them. Personally, I'm extremely happy and really do love mine.

Sep 5, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #6,777 of 9,512
I wish the mids weren't so recessed. Using EQ on a high end headphone is a bit annoying. At least it's not as much of a recession as LCDs have.
I don't hear this recessed mids thing some people mention. Either it's too small to notice on the various amps I use; or my hearing is bad enough that I can't hear it even though it's there...? (my guess is the former)

BTW, it's a stock silkwood VO w/stock pads.

Sep 5, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #6,778 of 9,512
Creamy, dreamy harmonically complex sound. Notes have a polished roundness to them. Nothing is smeared. Excellent weight to the sound. Robust, refined with power. More 3-D depth to the notes. They almost have similar characteristics to a very special NOS tube. Hard to explain but these are different for sure. Again a VERY harmonically complex sound.
Describing the same thing, I've referred to "tonal and timbral purity" of the VO. But your description is way better--probably the best I've seen.

A headphone that sounds NOS-tubelike...very glad to have experienced this rare quality.

Sep 6, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #6,779 of 9,512
African Blackwood Verite LTDs and Purpleheat wood Verite LTDs, weight with universe pads. All black magnesium hardware. Black rods and grilles.
Both added to the ZMF weight spreadsheet in my signature thanks!

Sep 6, 2021 at 9:14 AM Post #6,780 of 9,512
My Blackwood Auteur's with brass hardware laugh at your weak necks. :L3000:

637 grams

Actually, I wonder what the heaviest pair of ZMF's that have ever been made? Do you know @zach915m?
Added to the ZMF weight spreadsheet in my signature, thanks! Assuming Aluminum chassis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back