ZMF Verite Open
Aug 9, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #6,616 of 9,508
Been a couple weeks since I’ve enjoyed my Verite. Kicking back listening Pearl Jam’s MTV Unplugged album on the VO, driven by a Feliks Echo / Matrix Audio mini-i Pro 3, and drinking a 17 year Balvenie Peated Cask. Just sublime :o2smile:🥃
Ever since I started my journey on whiskey, Balvenie still my most favourite brand. Liquid smooth compare to many many other brands out there.

Since a year ago I prefer cognac than whiskey though, but still have balvenie on my cabinet for "just in case" moment :L3000:

Aug 9, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #6,617 of 9,508
If anyone's curious on cleaning suede ZMF pads, I completely submerged mine in a bucket with a small amount of laundry detergent. Gave them a decent washdown and shake in the bucket, than ran another two buckets of water soaking them until I felt like they were clean. I then brushed the nep of the suede with my hand to make it stand back up / have some volume. I then tried the pads in front of my AC heater. They came out nice and clean, smelling good and have a bit more loft again.

Aug 9, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #6,618 of 9,508
If anyone's curious on cleaning suede ZMF pads, I completely submerged mine in a bucket with a small amount of laundry detergent. Gave them a decent washdown and shake in the bucket, than ran another two buckets of water soaking them until I felt like they were clean. I then brushed the nep of the suede with my hand to make it stand back up / have some volume. I then tried the pads in front of my AC heater. They came out nice and clean, smelling good and have a bit more loft again.
I guess that's the only way to get them clean again. I hope it's okay for hybrid pads with leather on the outside also.

Aug 9, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #6,619 of 9,508
That may only work a few times before the pad would break down and you’ll end up buying new ones. I’ve had the luck that I have not had to clean mine in the year I’ve had them but would probably just buy news ones when the time comes. I always thought the foam material would break down before they became real dirty from wear.

Aug 9, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #6,620 of 9,508
Well suede surface sucks alot of sweat and skin moisture I guess it will smell bad after a year of daily use. So I guess you need to clean them from time to time.

Aug 9, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #6,621 of 9,508
Ever since I started my journey on whiskey, Balvenie still my most favourite brand. Liquid smooth compare to many many other brands out there.

Since a year ago I prefer cognac than whiskey though, but still have balvenie on my cabinet for "just in case" moment :L3000:
I like most whisky, but do prefer the smokey ones from Islay. I also like Cognac, a bit more refined on the taste side. But it's all good and quite the variety to suit everyone's tastes, much like the audio gear on Head-Fi.

Aug 9, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #6,622 of 9,508
I like most whisky, but do prefer the smokey ones from Islay. I also like Cognac, a bit more refined on the taste side. But it's all good and quite the variety to suit everyone's tastes, much like the audio gear on Head-Fi.
Whistlepig is one of my go-to's. Their 15 year is pricey, so I save that one for more special occasions, but man is it good. I really like their 12 year as well.

I'm eyeing this limited Jack Daniel's Frank Sinatra, though.

Aug 10, 2021 at 1:42 AM Post #6,623 of 9,508
That may only work a few times before the pad would break down and you’ll end up buying new ones. I’ve had the luck that I have not had to clean mine in the year I’ve had them but would probably just buy news ones when the time comes. I always thought the foam material would break down before they became real dirty from wear.

Maybe! Depends on the foam. I clean my Sennheiser pads like this every 4 months and it doesn't accelerate the wear. Just have to be gentle with the foam inside.

Aug 10, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #6,624 of 9,508
I like most whisky, but do prefer the smokey ones from Islay.
Funny... for YEARS, I thought I hated whisky. Until I tasted a non-smoky one from the highlands... Now, I know I like whisky as long as it is NOT smoky! :wink:

Aug 10, 2021 at 10:03 PM Post #6,626 of 9,508
Funny... for YEARS, I thought I hated whisky. Until I tasted a non-smoky one from the highlands... Now, I know I like whisky as long as it is NOT smoky! :wink:
Oh man, Music, Whisky, and Verite, what a beautiful sleepless night.

We have food threads for CanJams, we should start a whisky and cans thread!! :tumbler_glass: :o2smile:

Aug 11, 2021 at 5:37 AM Post #6,627 of 9,508
Your life has just changed for the better :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Aug 12, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #6,629 of 9,508
Does anybody else, who's waiting for their Verite to be built, feel like a twitchy, crackhead now that we no longer have spreadsheets to check daily? Asking for a friend.
Haha I know what you mean. My stock Sapele has been on a 3 week schedule. 3 weeks for machining to start, 3 weeks to sanding and 3 weeks to assembly. 3 weeks sometimes feels like forever, but hoping assembly is quicker. Wonder if the current labor shortage has been affecting them too.

Aug 12, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #6,630 of 9,508
20210812_191632.jpg

20210811_205213.jpg

My adventures with VO...
A30 Pro will make great Depth soundstage with musical Tonality (yes.. the miss direction sound house)

While SA-1 will give you precise 3D imaging...

just sharing the my impressions...
Good day, and stay healthy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back