ZMF Verite Open
Jul 24, 2021 at 9:47 PM Post #6,572 of 9,508
Hi, sorry if this has been asked before, but what is the best way to care for the wood on the Verite HPs? Do you treat th4m with any special oils or just clean them with soft cloth? Thanks, James

Soft cloth is best unless some substance is on the headphone, than a simple guitar cleaner with little or low wax works well. We always recommend the MoHawk Penthouse but Dunlop or Martin guitar cleaner works great too.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jul 24, 2021 at 11:13 PM Post #6,574 of 9,508
Been trying out the Schiit Lokius together with my Verite, it makes me not use my Aeolus anymore. The 120Hz knob gives the bass I sometimes miss for bass heavy trance/techno. Verite goes deep and hits hard, but some music for me need that extra midbass.
Yeah I know this can also be done digitally, but so nice to have it at the fingertip.

Personally I like the Verite much more than the Aeolus, the Lokius just gives it a little push when I want more oomph. Practically making the Aeolus not needed anymore for me.

Not to mention old recordings that are sharp that you can tame.

_DSF1559.jpg
_DSF1554.jpg
well Zach ain't gonna charge you 2x the price and gives you the same experience right?

Jul 25, 2021 at 5:47 AM Post #6,575 of 9,508
Soft cloth is best unless some substance is on the headphone, than a simple guitar cleaner with little or low wax works well. We always recommend the MoHawk Penthouse but Dunlop or Martin guitar cleaner works great too.
Hi Zach,
is this the Dunlop you mean ? quite difficult to get in my country ?
1627206415217.png

Jul 25, 2021 at 6:35 AM Post #6,576 of 9,508
Jul 25, 2021 at 7:14 AM Post #6,577 of 9,508
I really wonder how i can clean my suede earpads or even the suede part of hybrid pads. They surely suck up some sweat over the time of usage.
I couldn't find an information about it on the ZMF website.

Jul 25, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #6,578 of 9,508
My Verite in Silkwood has now arrived, used them for a week. Still early to fully know them.

Verite sounds good with every genre I’ve tried so far, specially like rock and metal with them. They do everything very good without being too much giving fatigue.

Drums hit fast and hard similar to Audeze LCD 2, I hoped that this would keep me away from going to back to a pair of LCD. You never know in this hobby, but for now this 100% gave me what I wanted when listening to rock and metal.

For comparison the ZMF Aeolus is a fun headphone but lacking certain qualities like speed and impact. Verite has this while being more pleasant and full sounding, voices are not so intimate as on the Aeolus. Aeolus is a good headphone, this is just next level.
I also had a problem with Aeolus giving me fatigue because of too much mids and mid-bass. Only music genre I like with Aeolus more is bass heavy trance and techno, while Verite can be more fun on busy genres like psytrance.

The driver enclosure is more inside the cups making them more easy forget there on your head du to comfort. Only ZMF model doing this, having big hopes for a closed model doing the same.:thumbsup:

A very happy Verite owner, thanks again ZMF team and Zach.

_DSF1554.jpg
Good ol black on black config. You can never go wrong with that

Jul 25, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #6,580 of 9,508
Been trying out the Schiit Lokius together with my Verite, it makes me not use my Aeolus anymore. The 120Hz knob gives the bass I sometimes miss for bass heavy trance/techno. Verite goes deep and hits hard, but some music for me need that extra midbass.
Yeah I know this can also be done digitally, but so nice to have it at the fingertip.

Personally I like the Verite much more than the Aeolus, the Lokius just gives it a little push when I want more oomph. Practically making the Aeolus not needed anymore for me.

Not to mention old recordings that are sharp that you can tame.

_DSF1559.jpg
_DSF1554.jpg
What knob settings do you have for your Lokius? Looking forward to getting my Blackwood Verite and dialing it in with my new Lokius as well. I'm hoping this combo can replace my love for the Aeolus. I previously sold a Verite and kept the Aeolus because I enjoyed how laidback the Aeolus was. But never really messed with EQ for my Verite.

Jul 25, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #6,582 of 9,508
What knob settings do you have for your Lokius? Looking forward to getting my Blackwood Verite and dialing it in with my new Lokius as well. I'm hoping this combo can replace my love for the Aeolus. I previously sold a Verite and kept the Aeolus because I enjoyed how laidback the Aeolus was. But never really messed with EQ for my Verite.
It's funny how we all hear things differently. I love the Verite because I find it laid back; detailed, yes, but laid back at the same time. That's what makes it so damn charming.

Jul 25, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #6,583 of 9,508
It's funny how we all hear things differently. I love the Verite because I find it laid back; detailed, yes, but laid back at the same time. That's what makes it so damn charming.
When we want to laid back, relax listening, let the music flow, but still enjoy that non fatigue micro detail, great resolution and big imaging. Still can't find any substitute to my VO.

Jul 25, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #6,584 of 9,508
I bypass the eq almost all the time, as others have said it's a very good tuned headphone. Just go by ear, we all have different opinions on what sounds good, relaxing, fun etc.

Verite actually quite similar to the Hedd studio monitors, lots of detail and balanced while not being fatiguing compared to most studio monitors being way to agressive for music listening.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #6,585 of 9,508
well Zach ain't gonna charge you 2x the price and gives you the same experience right?
Hi, I'd like to try the Lokius with my HP setup, but would you explain how I set the Lokius up in my system. I'm using A Dave DAC and a Rogue Audio RH-5 HP amp/pre-amp. I'm trying to understand the input/output hook up from DAC to Lokius and Lokius to HP amp. Thanks, James

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back