ZMF Verite Open
Jul 8, 2021 at 3:51 AM Post #6,556 of 9,512
what HP amp is that?
20210708_133408.jpg

the Right side, BX2 plus...

Jul 9, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #6,557 of 9,512
Jul 11, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #6,559 of 9,512
Jul 11, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #6,560 of 9,512

Verite review is up from William Murdock of The Headphone Experience.

Jul 11, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #6,561 of 9,512

William Murdock also did a comparison with the Kennerton Wodan and the Verite.

Jul 12, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #6,563 of 9,512
How does the Verite sound straight out of DX300? Are you using AMP12?
I am using AMP11mk1.
Alrd sold my AMP12. IMO, AMP12 is 10-15% more power, with bigger soundstage, but not my tonality preference. Based on my exp, AMP12 with VO will give the widest soundstage (wide only), even compare to Desktop AMP (Jot2 & Milo).

Direct to DX300, with High Gain, DF5, volume 40%, using 4.4TRRS connections is already enough for me, for dynamic, warm, detail & soundstage. All are sufficient enough to create good Imaging. On a simple portable mode

Best authority sounding (less depth) for VO, is when I pair DX300 to ASGARD 3.
20210710_065427.jpg

Jul 13, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #6,564 of 9,512
My Verite in Silkwood has now arrived, used them for a week. Still early to fully know them.

Verite sounds good with every genre I’ve tried so far, specially like rock and metal with them. They do everything very good without being too much giving fatigue.

Drums hit fast and hard similar to Audeze LCD 2, I hoped that this would keep me away from going to back to a pair of LCD. You never know in this hobby, but for now this 100% gave me what I wanted when listening to rock and metal.

For comparison the ZMF Aeolus is a fun headphone but lacking certain qualities like speed and impact. Verite has this while being more pleasant and full sounding, voices are not so intimate as on the Aeolus. Aeolus is a good headphone, this is just next level.
I also had a problem with Aeolus giving me fatigue because of too much mids and mid-bass. Only music genre I like with Aeolus more is bass heavy trance and techno, while Verite can be more fun on busy genres like psytrance.

The driver enclosure is more inside the cups making them more easy forget there on your head du to comfort. Only ZMF model doing this, having big hopes for a closed model doing the same.:thumbsup:

A very happy Verite owner, thanks again ZMF team and Zach.

_DSF1554.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #6,565 of 9,512
My Verite in Silkwood has now arrived, used them for a week. Still early to fully know them.

Verite sounds good with every genre I’ve tried so far, specially like rock and metal with them. They do everything very good without being too much giving fatigue.

Drums hit fast and hard similar to Audeze LCD 2, I hoped that this would keep me away from going to back to a pair of LCD. You never know in this hobby, but for now this 100% gave me what I wanted when listening to rock and metal.

For comparison the ZMF Aeolus is a fun headphone but lacking certain qualities like speed and impact. Verite has this while being more pleasant and full sounding, voices are not so intimate as on the Aeolus. Aeolus is a good headphone, this is just next level.
I also had a problem with Aeolus giving me fatigue because of too much mids and mid-bass. Only music genre I like with Aeolus more is bass heavy trance and techno, while Verite can be more fun on busy genres like psytrance.

And a BIG one one for me, the driver enclosure is more inside the cup, this does so I do not get painful ear tips touching. Only ZMF model doing this, having big hopes for a closed model doing the same.:thumbsup:

A very happy Verite owner, thanks again ZMF team and Zach.

_DSF1554.jpg
Congrats, and what a beautiful looking pair of Silk Wood! That really is Silk Wood at it's finest!

Jul 13, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #6,566 of 9,512
Thanks, I was more interested in a soft wood instead of the limited ones. The Silkwood is even more pretty in real life, while I bet the the new standard wood Sapele is also beautiful.

Jul 13, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #6,567 of 9,512
Thanks, I was more interested in a soft wood instead of the limited ones. The Silkwood is even more pretty in real life, while I bet the the new standard wood Sapele is also beautiful.
I am right there with ya, and I much prefer the look of natural wood.

Jul 23, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #6,570 of 9,512
Been trying out the Schiit Lokius together with my Verite, it makes me not use my Aeolus anymore. The 120Hz knob gives the bass I sometimes miss for bass heavy trance/techno. Verite goes deep and hits hard, but some music for me need that extra midbass.
Yeah I know this can also be done digitally, but so nice to have it at the fingertip.

Personally I like the Verite much more than the Aeolus, the Lokius just gives it a little push when I want more oomph. Practically making the Aeolus not needed anymore for me.

Not to mention old recordings that are sharp that you can tame.

_DSF1559.jpg
_DSF1554.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back