ZMF Verite Open
Jun 15, 2021 at 11:59 PM Post #6,482 of 9,512
That's a great question regarding current order wait times. I have no idea. I think that ZMF moving into the new(ish) shop and adding staff was supposed to make production more efficient.

Regarding order updates. You can go to the ZMF website, go to menu on the upper left of the page and then into "shop" you can scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll see an option called "order lookup" click that. Just type in your order number and email address associated with your order and you'll see your order status.

I checked mine yesterday and it hadn't changed or been updated from when I placed my order last week.

Jun 16, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #6,483 of 9,512
I'm not used to not having the spreadsheets. I feel like I have no clue when my headphones will be ready now. Does anybody have any insight on turn-around times under the new system?
Just bank on 6-8 weeks and ignore the noise until they ship. That was my wait time (and probably most people's wait time).

Jun 16, 2021 at 12:16 AM Post #6,484 of 9,512
Just bank on 6-8 weeks and ignore the noise until they ship. That was my wait time (and probably most people's wait time).

Yep that makes sense. My purpleheat woods took 7 1/2 weeks when I ordered then last year. And that was in the middle of Covid. I think Zach was making headphones all by himself or with a really small crew.

Jun 16, 2021 at 2:27 AM Post #6,485 of 9,512
I feel the same way about my Verite - I'm so blissfully happy with it that even if there is something better out there for my preferences I really don't want to know about it because that would just spoil my Verite bliss. Sometimes it's good to take some time to just be happy and not chase the next high.
Wise words, I agree but don't spread that around as we may be kicked out of head-fi. There is a balance to be found between enjoying the music with contentment and seeking to improve one's gear and synergy of the components in the chain. For now, enjoying my ZMF Auteur, some tube rolling, and also enjoying reading impressions of VO and VC, I'm sure some form of upgrade-itis will strike eventually.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 1:38 AM Post #6,486 of 9,512
Wanted to share my experience here. Traded my Aeolus + $200 for a Verite Silkwood and managed to also snag a crack w/ speedball. Summarily, I am now moving on to optimizing my system around the Verite. They are my endgame headphones for sure. They gave me the detail/resolution I was missing with the Aeolus and at first slightly disappointed me with the frequency response on the magnius but now continuously amaze me with the sound from the crack. They also gave me enough bass in all aspects of it so that I don't miss the LCD series. I'm absolutely a tubes convert. I suppose in the future, after I save up, I'll get a bifrost 2 and/or a pendant. Seems the bifrost 2 is the next step up from the modius that I currently have. Not sure if I'm one to be able to hear differences between DAC's though, I guess we'll see. Anyone have recs for other tubes or dacs that synergize well? :)

Attachments

• dEWxlg1k.jpg large.jpg
    dEWxlg1k.jpg large.jpg
    442.7 KB · Views: 0
Jun 18, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #6,487 of 9,512
Jun 18, 2021 at 2:39 AM Post #6,488 of 9,512
I'm not used to not having the spreadsheets. I feel like I have no clue when my headphones will be ready now. Does anybody have any insight on turn-around times under the new system?

That's a great question regarding current order wait times. I have no idea. I think that ZMF moving into the new(ish) shop and adding staff was supposed to make production more efficient.

Regarding order updates. You can go to the ZMF website, go to menu on the upper left of the page and then into "shop" you can scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll see an option called "order lookup" click that. Just type in your order number and email address associated with your order and you'll see your order status.

I checked mine yesterday and it hadn't changed or been updated from when I placed my order last week.

We send out three emails through production as we move through the phases of your headphone. Usually it is taking us 1 - 3 weeks for the first email to go out as your wood blocks move into machining.

The goal all along has been to get stock headphones more "in stock" and LTD edition in the 6-12 week timeline. You will still get the stock wood headphones faster, and we have increased our capacity significantly since moving to the new shop as well, but we have also grown some and are working on keeping everything at the proper pace and increasing capacity without sacrificing quality.

Most headphones go out in 6 to 9 weeks, but do allow up to 12 for some cases. Sorry we can't be more specific with that it's just hard for us to be be precise in timing with all the hand done processes etc.

I have been meaning to do it, and am actually at our machine shop now - but we will post more video's and info on our processes soon for a look at what goes into each headphone.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jun 18, 2021 at 5:36 AM Post #6,489 of 9,512
We send out three emails through production as we move through the phases of your headphone. Usually it is taking us 1 - 3 weeks for the first email to go out as your wood blocks move into machining.

The goal all along has been to get stock headphones more "in stock" and LTD edition in the 6-12 week timeline. You will still get the stock wood headphones faster, and we have increased our capacity significantly since moving to the new shop as well, but we have also grown some and are working on keeping everything at the proper pace and increasing capacity without sacrificing quality.

Most headphones go out in 6 to 9 weeks, but do allow up to 12 for some cases. Sorry we can't be more specific with that it's just hard for us to be be precise in timing with all the hand done processes etc.

I have been meaning to do it, and am actually at our machine shop now - but we will post more video's and info on our processes soon for a look at what goes into each headphone.
This is why you guys are so successful. Burning the midnight oil, keeping in touch with customers across multiple websites, and managing expectations.

And making great headphones...that's important, too.

Jun 18, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #6,490 of 9,512

Hey Zach, a bit unrelated and more of a wish.
Are there plans on labeling the ear pads that come from ZMF? Maybe a tag or stamp?
What I do now is when I receive my pair, I label the “sock liner” portion of the ear pad with a red art marker that makes the marking almost invisible except under the right light and you cannot see it since it goes on the inside, on the ear cup.
in this way they never get mixed up with pads being similar.

Jun 18, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #6,491 of 9,512
Wanted to share my experience here. Traded my Aeolus + $200 for a Verite Silkwood and managed to also snag a crack w/ speedball. Summarily, I am now moving on to optimizing my system around the Verite. They are my endgame headphones for sure. They gave me the detail/resolution I was missing with the Aeolus and at first slightly disappointed me with the frequency response on the magnius but now continuously amaze me with the sound from the crack. They also gave me enough bass in all aspects of it so that I don't miss the LCD series. I'm absolutely a tubes convert. I suppose in the future, after I save up, I'll get a bifrost 2 and/or a pendant. Seems the bifrost 2 is the next step up from the modius that I currently have. Not sure if I'm one to be able to hear differences between DAC's though, I guess we'll see. Anyone have recs for other tubes or dacs that synergize well? :)
I hear you about not being sure you would hear the difference between DACs, and while I tend to agree when you're talking 2 DACs of the same kind, I think you're a lot more likely to actually hear a difference between a delta-sigma DAC and a r2r DAC, especially one with Schiit's proprietary DSP. Definitely worth it IMO.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #6,492 of 9,512
I hear you about not being sure you would hear the difference between DACs, and while I tend to agree when you're talking 2 DACs of the same kind, I think you're a lot more likely to actually hear a difference between a delta-sigma DAC and a r2r DAC, especially one with Schiit's proprietary DSP. Definitely worth it IMO.
Well about two years ago I was in an experiment with 20 different DAC’s and fifty of us scored the DAC’s we heard blind and I can certainly go by those results.😀 DACs can vary considerably because of input and output circuitry. We tested R2R’s, DS, multibit etc. I had two reversed on the final average score, one young woman picked the exact order of finish of the group average.😜

Jun 20, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #6,494 of 9,512
Hey Zach, a bit unrelated and more of a wish.
Are there plans on labeling the ear pads that come from ZMF? Maybe a tag or stamp?
What I do now is when I receive my pair, I label the “sock liner” portion of the ear pad with a red art marker that makes the marking almost invisible except under the right light and you cannot see it since it goes on the inside, on the ear cup.
in this way they never get mixed up with pads being similar.
We have earpad "packets" coming that will be individually labeled with type of pads. Hopefully they will be in soon. Then all earpads will arrive with their own pouch so you can keep them organized.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jun 20, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #6,495 of 9,512
We have earpad "packets" coming that will be individually labeled with type of pads. Hopefully they will be in soon. Then all earpads will arrive with their own pouch so you can keep them organized.
Sounds like a great solution!
Looking forward to order some of those empty packets, and populate with my pads. Challenge would be to identify which is what... :thinking:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back