ZMF Verite Open
May 13, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #6,286 of 9,494
May 14, 2021 at 2:12 AM Post #6,287 of 9,494
Zach recommended the Mohawk polish for the VC Ironwood and I think said was also ok to use on Pheasantwood VO. You should be ok to use on Ironwood VO.
Pheasantwood with its matte finish should not be polished as far as I remember from what Zach wrote.

May 14, 2021 at 8:35 AM Post #6,288 of 9,494
Guys,
I just upgraded from a Topping A90 to a Headamp GS-X mini .. and wow: this is what I call an upgrade!
Soundstage is larger, more authority everywhere, basses are basses now!

I'm really happy and now I'm looking for some insights about my next DAC upgrade (now I'm with a Gustard X16 and thinking about an Ares II).
The Bifrost 2 and Soekris 2541 are worth considering at this price range. I'm using my verite with a bifrost 2 and find it matches relatively well. Tonally the 2541 might be a better match from my experience and I'd probably go with that if I've not own the Bifrost. Beyond this price range I'd look at something like a wavelight or wavedream SE.

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #6,289 of 9,494
Anybody else try and fail to buy a VC this morning? :frowning2:

May 14, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #6,290 of 9,494
The Bifrost 2 and Soekris 2541 are worth considering at this price range. I'm using my verite with a bifrost 2 and find it matches relatively well. Tonally the 2541 might be a better match from my experience and I'd probably go with that if I've not own the Bifrost. Beyond this price range I'd look at something like a wavelight or wavedream SE.

thanks, I'll dig more infos :)

May 15, 2021 at 12:50 AM Post #6,291 of 9,494
May 16, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #6,292 of 9,494
Are there any durability issues with the wooden parts or any other parts for that matter? I am thinking of getting Verite, but I am also looking something that lasts a long time.

Honest opinions are most welcome. I am mostly listening to edm and in that regards the Verite Open should be excellent headphones?

May 16, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #6,293 of 9,494
Are there any durability issues with the wooden parts or any other parts for that matter? I am thinking of getting Verite, but I am also looking something that lasts a long time.

Honest opinions are most welcome. I am mostly listening to edm and in that regards the Verite Open should be excellent headphones?
Considering everything is not only durable but also replaceable, yes. It's great. Plus you get a lifetime warranty on drivers for the original owner.

The VO is great for everything, but I'm partial to the Eikon or Utopia for electronic music.

Last edited:
May 16, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #6,294 of 9,494

Not really, other than softer woods like silk will get little dents unless you're careful with them. Mine are a few years old and I'm the 3rd owner and they just have a few little nicks. Everything else is easily replaced either by sending them in for service, or just ordering the parts like headband and chassis.
Edit: the not really was in reply to durability issues, not EDM. I think mine are great for it, with the VC even better.

Last edited:
May 16, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #6,296 of 9,494
Considering everything is not only durable but also replaceable, yes. It's great. Plus you get a lifetime warranty on drivers for the original owner.

The VO is great for everything, but I'm partial to the Eikon or Utopia for electronic music.
I am under assumption that Verite has all the right characteristics for a great edm headphone. What makes Utopia superior in your mind?

May 16, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #6,297 of 9,494
I always choose aluminium chassis even though some added weight. I dont like the chipping of the paint on magnesium chassis.

I want my ZMF beauties to look good forever.

May 16, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #6,298 of 9,494
I am under assumption that Verite has all the right characteristics for a great edm headphone. What makes Utopia superior in your mind?
Details, speed, dynamics, imaging..... treble, treble and treble

Last edited:
May 16, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #6,299 of 9,494
It's all a matter of taste, but fwiw I prefer Arya for edm for the exact reason Fatdoi stated above: Details, speed, ... imaging..... treble, treble and treble. IMHO, edm works best on v-shaped headphones with strong sub-bass and expressive treble. Verite is warm & mid-focused with slightly rolled off treble. Not to say edm wouldn't sound incredible on Verite, because everything sounds incredible on Verite, but if you are looking for a headphone specifically for edm Verite wouldn't be my first recommendation.

May 16, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #6,300 of 9,494
The Utopia is more detailed, slams a bit harder than the Verite, and there is a little more sparkle on the top-end.

The Verite sounds much more organic than the Utopia, but EDM is as non-organic as music gets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back