ZMF Verite Open
May 10, 2021 at 8:12 AM Post #6,272 of 9,498
May 10, 2021 at 9:14 AM Post #6,274 of 9,498
0316211704.jpg

Well, while we are playing show n tell, here's my VO with a SFF PC I built to (somewhat) match the ascetic of the VO. The custom cover is walnut, bc who else makes stuff from Desert Ironwood other than ZMF???

Verite silver cable also in the pic.

Last edited:
May 10, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #6,275 of 9,498
Nice collection, @shafat777!

I only have one.. But it is a beauty!

Thanks brother. Yours in gorgeous as well. Look at the shine on those cups. Zmf truly is one of a kind company.

May 11, 2021 at 5:29 AM Post #6,276 of 9,498
Yesterday I had the opportunity for my longtime awaited listening test of alternative headphones to complement my VO / HD800s
I heard Utopia and Empyrean driven by Chord Dave.
My learnings are
1) what damned good headphone the VO is
2) how I like my Feliks Euforia driven by the Weiss DAC 501 / Auralic Aries G1
3) the Utopia would perfectly complement the VO, especially for piano solo Jazz and Classic, hope to get one soon
4) the Empyrean is not my taste
5) the VO with the Euforia was a perfect start into this hobby, thanks again to this forum

May 11, 2021 at 6:04 AM Post #6,277 of 9,498
Yesterday I had the opportunity for my longtime awaited listening test of alternative headphones to complement my VO / HD800s
My learnings are
3) the Utopia would perfectly complement the VO, especially for piano solo Jazz and Classic, hope to get one soon
5) the VO with the Euforia was a perfect start into this hobby, thanks again to this forum

I own the same 3 headphones as you and found that they absolutely complement each other. Would love to hear the euphoria with VO/Utopia again.
The VO is indeed a darn good headphone and sings with tube amps. How would you compare the empyrean with the VO?

May 11, 2021 at 6:13 AM Post #6,278 of 9,498
I own the same 3 headphones as you and found that they absolutely complement each other. Would love to hear the euphoria with VO/Utopia again.
The VO is indeed a darn good headphone and sings with tube amps. How would you compare the empyrean with the VO?
The Empyrean was ok for a „laid back easy listening“ until I checked my favourite bass test track Jennifer Warnes „Way Down Deep“ …. there I missed slam, precision and structure of the VO and the Utopia, a no go for me, but this is just my personal taste.

May 11, 2021 at 7:06 AM Post #6,279 of 9,498
Bass slam and macro dynamics in general are what I found great with both VO and Utopia. In fact, of all the headphones I tried, these 2 stood out the most with regards to slam albeit with slightly different presentation. The VO with a slightly rounded transients and the Utopia a tighter and a tad harder hitting. One of these days I might give the empyrean a go.

May 11, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #6,280 of 9,498
My learnings are
Some would also regard this as a perfect final destination, if there ever is such a thing in this hobby. :sweat_smile:

Congrats, @swissheadphonelover on some great gear! Enjoy!

May 13, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #6,281 of 9,498
Can anyone recommend any polish/cleaner to clean my Ironwood VO? I have the mowhawk polish that zach recommends for the Camphor burl VC but idk if i need to use anything else for the Ironwood VO. Thanks in advance.

May 13, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #6,282 of 9,498
Guys,
I just upgraded from a Topping A90 to a Headamp GS-X mini .. and wow: this is what I call an upgrade!
Soundstage is larger, more authority everywhere, basses are basses now!

I'm really happy and now I'm looking for some insights about my next DAC upgrade (now I'm with a Gustard X16 and thinking about an Ares II).

Last edited:
May 13, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #6,283 of 9,498
Can anyone recommend any polish/cleaner to clean my Ironwood VO? I have the mowhawk polish that zach recommends for the Camphor burl VC but idk if i need to use anything else for the Ironwood VO. Thanks in advance.
Zach recommended the Mohawk polish for the VC Ironwood and I think said was also ok to use on Pheasantwood VO. You should be ok to use on Ironwood VO.

May 13, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #6,284 of 9,498
Guys,
I just upgraded from a Topping A90 to a Headamp GS-X mini .. and wow: this is what I call an upgrade!
Soundstage is larger, more authority everywhere, basses are basses now!

I'm really happy and now I'm looking for some insights about my next DAC upgrade (now I'm with a Gustard X16 and thinking about an Ares II).
imo if you have the GSX mini, i'll look at at least Pontus II not Ares II... but we're about to start another war on this.... hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back