ZMF Verite Open
Nov 8, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #3,481 of 9,506
OK.............I'm looking at brass or copper. Do you know if the copper is coated or will it get the natural green copper patina over time?

Its untreated I think, so the green patina will probably appear over time. I'm guessing it can be polished back to the way it looks currently though, but I'm not sure.

Nov 8, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #3,482 of 9,506
Do you know, or have you met, someone who was completely and unapologetically themselves? They say what they want, when they want, and if you don't like it then you better harden up buttercup, because you're an adult and responsible for your own feelings? The kind of person who thinks every day above ground is a good day? Not that they are intentionally rude, unempathetic, or in-your-face... They just don't give a flip if you disagree?

That's Mjolnir 2.

It's in your face, impactful, immediate, and fun. Kick drums and snares hit hard. String plucks are detailed and unveiled. Everything is front and center, noticable, and there for your lizard brain to react to. It's intoxicating. Even amps like my beloved ECP 3F can't match what Mjolnir does well.
Love it. Great description. Hopefully the MJ2 can be subtle at time too. I can also see why @bryceu likes them both since the LP is more passive and laid back while the MJ2 is more in your face.

Nov 8, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #3,483 of 9,506
Love it. Great description. Hopefully the MJ2 can be subtle at time too. I can also see why @bryceu likes them both since the LP is more passive and laid back while the MJ2 is more in your face.
It can do subtly and nuance, but I think this is where tube selection is important as there are some dull, warmbutt, or rolled off tubes that can affect that.

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #3,484 of 9,506
I took my Verite out for a bit of sunshine and it's sounding brighter. :)

IMG-4236.jpg

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #3,488 of 9,506
So your VO are Pheasant wood with brass grill/rods, not copper?

I have no idea it's brass. I thought it's copper. I take whatever Zach gives me.... even if in GOLD. :smile_phones:

@zach915m I want my Verite Close in 24 karat gold .... for the same price. :)

Nov 8, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #3,493 of 9,506
Well... The Verite Closed do come in a nice wooden case, and the case will be hollow after you remove the headphones. Maybe they formed the impression because they were listening to the VC case? It's boxy.

I can see how some of the more challenged among us could make the mistake. Both the headphones and the case are made of wood, and both will probably fit on your head.

I have several ZMF cases. Each one fits on my head. And I must say, they make me look gooooood....

Nov 10, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #3,495 of 9,506
Had both the Verite and LCD4's at same time... sold the Verites.
Verite's eq and scale very well, but could never get enough midrange and treble out of them, mainly treble. Too dark sounding for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back